PDA

View Full Version : How many active players have never lost a GS final?

DannerCal
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:16 AM
I know we have many experts out there that no the answer - so here is the ?.

How many active tour players have never lost in a Grand Slam Final?

I know Jennifer is one.

Is Justine?

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Jennifer, Majoli. That's all.

Diya
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Justine lost to Venus in 2001 Wimbledon final
Even Serena has lost a US Open final to her elder sister

DannerCal
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Wow! Jennifer and Iva are the only ones that hold this honor? That is amazing!
They are also good friends :)

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:19 AM

I know Jennifer is one.

Is Justine?

Well, when you've only been in three. :tape:

DannerCal
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Knizzle - are you dissing my girl ;). Would you rather have won the 3 you were in, or took home the small plate in the 6 you lost? Which is better for your carrer and confidence? :)

Bezz
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Well, when you've only been in three. :tape:
That was mean :p , since kim has been in 4 and she lost them all :tape: . Jenn had to beat some good players to get there. ;)

DannerCal
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:22 AM
You tell it Bezz!

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Knizzle - are you dissing my girl ;). Would you rather have won the 3 you were in, or took home the small plate in the 6 you lost? Which is better for your carrer and confidence? :)

Sorry, anyway I would have said it would have sounded bad. I'm sure Jen would have rather participated in 10 slam finals seeing as her record is perfect in them, RIGHT??

Robbie.
Jenn has a great record in GS finals. I just wish she would make more of them and keep the 100 % strike rate up! Go Jenn! :bounce:

~ The Leopard ~
There are hundreds of ranked, active players who have never lost a grand slam final. Most have never been good enough to have the opportunity.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Sorry, anyway I would have said it would have sounded bad. I'm sure Jen would have rather participated in 10 slam finals seeing as her record is perfect in them, RIGHT??

What in the hell was the need for your posts in this thread?

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:24 AM
There are hundreds of ranked, active players who have never lost a grand slam final. Most have never been good enough to have the opportunity.

heh. You know what he means. ;)

Diya
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:25 AM

He is a frustrated Venus Williams fan who has a 40 % record in slam finals :tape:

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:25 AM

Same need for your posts in the thread.

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:26 AM
He is a frustrated Venus Williams fan who has a 40 % record in slam finals :tape:

4>3

CinnamoninCinema
Same need for your posts in the thread.

And what would that be?

DannerCal
Sorry my wording confused 1 person. Yes, I mean you have to reach the Grand Slam Final and win it. ;)

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:27 AM
And what would that be?

You tell me.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:29 AM
You tell me.

Well, I posted to inquire why you were posting unnecessary garbage. You mean to tell me that the reason you posted was because you wanted to inquire why you posted unnecessary garbage? Because ... that is what you said, good sir. And it makes no sense.

So let's try again. What was the need for your posts in this thread?

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Well, I posted to inquire why you were posting unnecessary garbage. You mean to tell me that the reason you posted was because you wanted to inquire why you posted unnecessary garbage? Because ... that is what you said, good sir. And it makes no sense.

So let's try again. What was the need for your posts in this thread?

I guess it went right over your head, WHOOSH!!!

So I'll just be straight forward. I wanted to discuss How many active players have never lost in a GS final.

Did I get that right??
:scratch:

Munchen
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I dont think thats much of a big acheivement really.

Nothing spectact, maybe 5 or more would be recognisable but not 3 or 1 haha.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I guess it went right over your head, WHOOSH!!!

So I'll just be straight forward. I wanted to discuss How many active players have never lost in a GS final.

Did I get that right??
:scratch:

No, I guess it went over your head.

You wanted to insult Jennifer Capriati and involve Venus Williams in this discussion. The last thing in the world you wanted to discuss was the discussion.

But I never asked you WHY you posted. I asked what the NEED was for what you said. And there was none. It was just troublemaking garbage.

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:36 AM
No, I guess it went over your head.

You wanted to insult Jennifer Capriati and involve Venus Williams in this discussion. The last thing in the world you wanted to discuss was the discussion.

But I never asked you WHY you posted. I asked what the NEED was for what you said. And there was none. It was just troublemaking garbage.

No one NEEDS to post here about anything now do they?? Anyone who posts does so because they want to. I'll be back to finish you off in a min.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:39 AM
No one NEEDS to post here about anything now do they?? Anyone who posts does so because they want to. I'll be back to finish you off in a min.

Oh, you're going to "finish me off", huh. lol. I'm so scared! I bet you're just gonna reach through my computer screen and stab me!

I asked you what the need was for your posts. As in the purpose. Of course nobody NEEDS to post here, but if you do, there was a purpose to it. I know what yours was very well, and you have just been reported.

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Oh, you're going to "finish me off", huh. lol. I'm so scared! I bet you're just gonna reach through my computer screen and stab me!

I asked you what the need was for your posts. As in the purpose. Of course nobody NEEDS to post here, but if you do, there was a purpose to it. I know what yours was very well, and you have just been reported.

My purpose was to illustrate that part of the reason Jen has an undefeated record is because she only has made it to 3 slam finals. I guess that went WHOOOSH!! Right over your head also. I will post wherever and however I see fit in any particular thread that piques my interest. When you decide to start your own board and I post there, then you can decide whether my posts are needed in certain threads. Until that day comes, don't worry about what I be doing.

Jericho
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Kim Clijsters...oops i read the question wrong!

mn73
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:47 AM
If you include Junior Slams as well then Jen is an amazing 7-0! She has won three pro singles Slams, two junior singles and two junior doubles.

Gandalf
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Didn't Mo Connolly won 9 slam finals and lost none? (I know she's not active :p , just curious)

disposablehero
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:02 AM

Nearly all of them.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Kim Clijsters...oops i read the question wrong!
Oh wow. That was like SO funny. I bet you worked on that one for days, didn't you?