PDA

View Full Version : Good match Justine

TeeRexx
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Good play to Justine for going three tough sets against VENUS. :)

auntie janie
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:55 PM
:hearts: :) :sad: :hearts: :) :hearts: :sad: :) :hearts: :sad: :)

Josh
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:58 PM
It was a great match with wonderfull rallies and points.

Venus was too good and too powerful in the first set but at the end of that set Justine was getting used to Venus's power and she started attacking the net and playing serve and volley. When Venus was serving for the match in the second, Justine started reading and returning Venus's serve very well and she played brilliantly to take the set. Third set was very good with some amazing rallies from both players. I've seen few players who can really dominate Venus during the rallies and Justine did just that. But BVenus came iup with a wonderful defence, raised her game a bit and Justine started to doubt a little which had a bad influence on her serve.

All in all it was a great match with a great winner and a great finalist.

Congrats to Venus and thanks to both for a great final! :)

arn
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Indeed a great match :) :) :)

I think you can count on one hand the players who can play along with Venus.

cynicole
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:51 PM
I wish I could've seen this one (though I would've preferred a different outcome ;) ).

I hardly ever enjoy watching Venus because she often gets through so easily playing "bash-bash". Players like Justine and Amelie and a select few others manage to really make Venus bring out the great stuff for these matches.

So thank you Justine for being one of those special players. I'm even more amazed that she was able to hold her own on an indoor court (yes, I know it's in Antwerp)!

And congratulations to Venus! Looks like she'll finally get to number one.

May both of them remain healthy for the rest of the season and meet often (but Juju, please win next time!) and hopefully in a final that I can watch.

Justinator
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:21 PM
It was great to see her play such a good match against Venus, Justine said it was her best match since Wimbledon. :)

I hope this will give her extra confidence for her next matches against the top 5 players.

GoSandrine
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:25 PM
It's too bad this wasn't televised in the States. :(

Great effort from Justine in front of the home fans....she did them proud. :)

Jordan.
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:30 PM
I want to seeeee it!!:sad: :sad: :sad: Better luck next time,Justine..

BelgianGirl
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Well done, Justine!
It really was a great match, with some amazing rallies! I really believe Justine could have won this match too! I hope she can do it next time, she really deserves a new win over Venus if she can play like this! :)
But still, congrats to Venus!

Althea
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:44 PM
:bounce: Great Match Justine, sure your fans are proud of ya!:bounce:

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Congrats Henin.

In another thread I felt you would be the last of the Top Ten to win a Grand Slam. Your performance today has changed my mind about that.

Hagar
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:30 PM
It was a fantastic match by Justine but Venus just has that little extra on the important points. But what a triumph for Justine in front of the homecrowd.
After the match she said some words in Flemish and the crowd just went CRAZY! I am somehow glad that Kim did not play because Justine gets less attention and appreciation because she happens to be the Belgian number two. Few years ago we would have prayed the good lord on our bare knees to have a Wimbledon finalist.

*Izzy*
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:34 PM
:wavey: Well done Justine!

I wanted you to win today, but even though you didn't, you still showed what you are capable of.

A4
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:36 PM
I just can't get why Justine cannot beat Kim. And even Martina. She should be able to.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Congratulations Justine for putting up a great fight. It seemed as though Venus had her eyes on the prize. It still amazes me how much trouble Justine can give Venus.

thekimfan
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Great match Justine from me too;)
It was so nice to see the match, one of the best this year!
But Venus showed that she's the real no.1...
I was delighted about the result!
:bounce::) :cool: :) :cool: :) :bounce: