PDA

View Full Version : How can someone smile while delivering a 150mph serve?????

CanadianBoy21
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I know this is men's tennis, but itt is nonetheless tennis, so; here it goes;

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=mhs10802082052.dcup_austria_us_mhs108&prov=ap

the caption says that he smiles, but it definitely does not look like smiling, and besides even if it did 'look' like, it is not.
Who are these people who post this crap.

Obviously I'm bored posting this :rolleyes:

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:22 AM
What, so he equalled the record again?

Volcana
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:30 AM
How can you NOT be smiling if you just delivered a 150 mph serve?

Sam L
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:30 AM
:haha:

Sam L
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Oh btw, Andy looks HOT with a shaved head. :drool:

Rtael
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Oh btw, Andy looks HOT with a shaved head. :drool:
Andy Roddick NEVER looks hot!

Santorofan
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Who cares, his game's still as boring as ever...

PointBlank
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:50 AM
He looks constipated not smileing to me

He is a Lleyton copier

Leo_DFP
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Lindsay sort of smiles during her service motion. Does that count? ;)

So true, Santorofan.

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:17 AM
What, so he equalled the record again?
He set the record on Friday and equaled it again today.

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:18 AM
He looks constipated not smileing to me

He is a Lleyton copier
:haha: :haha:

Have you watched both of them play tennis??

They are nothing alike.

azza
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Andy Looks likes a fetus.

PointBlank
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:28 AM
:haha: :haha:

Have you watched both of them play tennis??

They are nothing alike.
I have :rolleyes: I meant he copied him by the hair

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Oh. Well, then that makes more sense........ Lleyton is the only other tennis player ever to have shaved his head. :rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:47 AM
He hit 150MPH 3 times this weekend. One Friday, two on Sunday (well, technically one was a fault so I guess it doesn't really count).

He clocked the lady in Row 10 with his faulted 150MPH serve. I bet that hurted and stuff. :p

jrm
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Andy Roddick NEVER looks hot!

ditto

K&J fan
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Ducks do the weirdest things, you know :rolleyes:

azza
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Andy Roddick, of the U.S., smiles as he delivers a 150mph serve to win the final point in his Davis Cup singles match with Jurgen Melzer, of Austria, in Uncasville, Conn., Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004. Roddick defeated Melzer, 6-4, 6-2. :rolleyes: now he hit 2?

Fantastic
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Has anyone noticed how Andy Roddick tries to copy Andre Agassi's mannerisms on-court? Andre used to copy Jimmy Connors mannerisms. And now, Robby Ginepri and James Blake are trying to copy Andy Roddick's mannerisms on-court. It's weird. Watch how they walk around the court, how they side-stare at their opponents like Andy, watch how they cock their heads like Andy when getting ready to receive serve. It's that same retard look Andy almost patented. Erika De Lone used to copy Jennifer Capriati's mannerisms too back when Jennifer and Erika first turned pro. These Americans are strange. But Erika stopped copying Jennifer not long after.

JonBcn
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:49 PM
So, nobody's ever hit a 150mph serve, but he's managed it THREE times in a couple of days? Not that I'd want to cast doubt on the accuracy of the speed gun, but...

Havok
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:09 PM
if you've seen the matches, you'd know they were 150 mph serves. and he isn't even smiling in the picture. he did raise his arms the 1st time he hit it, and bowed the 2nd time he did it, because the crowd was going nuts.

-Sonic-
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:08 PM
He does look gorgeous like that...

alfajeffster
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:14 PM
It's not a smile, it's the quintessential Bolletieri blowfish look that has made tennis such a beautiful thing to watch for so many years now...

SJW
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:23 PM
mmmm Andy is hot :drool:

7~LV3
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:41 PM
how coud people say that hes not hot??

steamed duck for lunch and dinner :drool:

TennisHack
Feb 9th, 2004, 08:44 PM
So, nobody's ever hit a 150mph serve, but he's managed it THREE times in a couple of days? Not that I'd want to cast doubt on the accuracy of the speed gun, but...
From Bob Larson ;)

The grump in us says, "Oh, shut up about Andy Roddick's serve. They're using a new type of speed gun, so comparing the old numbers with the new is comparing apples and oranges." And that's simple truth; speed guns don't actually measure serve speed as such, and so when the Getronics gun showed him hitting a 150 mile per hour serve, breaking his own 149 mile per hour record (shared with Greg Rusedski), it does not absolutely follow that he actually hit the biggest serve of all time, or even the biggest serve that he himself has ever hit. Comparing readings from different guns is meaningless, since all of the systems use some sort of approximating formula to calculate the serve speed. (See the feature "Jumping the Gun" in the March 20, 2003 Daily Tennis.)

The gun out in Indian Wells also has that lovely dry desert air to contend with. Amazing how these big serves have only happened in the desert and indoors . . .

Havok
Feb 9th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Queens Club 2003 149 mph serve :tape:
astonishing isnt it

miranda_lou
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Queens Club 2003 149 mph serve http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gif
astonishing isnt it
The serve was to Andre Agassi and Andre returned it, cleanly.

I don't know if Andy looks "hot" with his new hairdo, but he does look very nice. (The term "hot" in reference to a person is not in my vocabulary.)