PDA

View Full Version : What should Evie do ??

broncosven
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Well her ranking has dropped to around 180 now

should she play challengers or qualifying for what she can

i think this needs to be a consoldidation and rebuilding year for evie . . she needs some confidence and matchplay

AUSBOY
Feb 9th, 2004, 11:37 PM
I think WTA in India is a good start! I think Evie should stick to WTA qualies for the moment.

Personally I would like to see Evie add Boxing into her training regime! It might actually teach her how to be a tad aggressive! She has to learn how to fight on court in an aggressive way, not so defensive!

broncosven
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:00 AM
I definately agree with that

Evie is still under her old ranking (132) for a couple torunies which SHE NEEDS TO USE !!!!

she has 1st round points to defend from india aswell . . . .

boxing or somehitng to help her be more aggresive would def help her matchplay

azza
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Challengers are my oppiuin

SM
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:06 AM
theres nothing wrong with being defensive if you play smart kind of like Aranxta, but Evie is more inclined to mindlessly block/loop the ball back till the opponent misses and it just doesnt cut it!...her style of game isnt ever gonna be aggressive IMO but with the right coaching she could really improve her tactics and shot choices which are some limitations i always see in her game

and ofcourse she should be playing WTA as much as possible cos lowering herself to challengers isnt gonna help her much in the long run. evie has had success at challlenger level many times only to follow it up with poor performances at WTA events

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:09 AM
I was impressied by her athleticism vs Granville, tes more agression is needed, she is such a clean hitter.

broncosven
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:52 AM
she needs to start playing events though . . . . . . she has pulled out of many wta events so ar and some she would have been in the MD

ozfan44
Feb 25th, 2004, 10:09 AM
evei just needs to wake up or give up

broncosven
Feb 25th, 2004, 08:02 PM
well she won her 1st round match against shelley stephens in Bendigo . . i guess that something to smile about

broncosven
Feb 28th, 2004, 08:31 PM
like i said she won her 1st round then lost the 2nd the Betti (great for Betti)

fingers crossed she goes better this week

SM
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:04 AM
after losing to beti evie needs to take a break i think...its the opnly thing that will help! a nice 6 month break or so..

SM
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:04 AM
but yay for beti :)

broncosven
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:14 AM
but in 6 months evie would disappear off the rankings lol

but i agree good win for betti

tiger123
Mar 25th, 2004, 06:29 AM
I heard Evie is a bit of a slut

joeyicon
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:15 PM
I heard Evie is a bit of a slut

Its great that all you guys talk about our players this way! For a fact i know that she is quite the opposite!