PDA

View Full Version : Why are people, commentators talking about Justine and Kim, not Williams sisters?

wongqks
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:59 PM
There seems to be a lot of thread recently asking why Williams sisters are being ignored and in some cases even hinted that they are being disrespected.

I think it is pretty obvious why. This is coz Serena is not playing at the moment and Venus is still trying to find her top of the game yet again. Why is some people take it so personally that people no longer talked about Williams sisters. It is obvious that it will be conflicting their own interest if they keep on praising about Williams sisters when they are not playing don't you think?

When Williams sisters went back tot he top of the game, we will see commentators talk about them again, until then people whould realise that it is not that we have forgotten about the sisters already, we are just waiting to talk about how great they are again until they start playing and dominating like they use to.

harloo
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM
There seems to be a lot of thread recently asking why Williams sisters are being ignored and in some cases even hinted that they are being disrespected.

I think it is pretty obvious why. This is coz Serena is not playing at the moment and Venus is still trying to find her top of the game yet again. Why is some people take it so personally that people no longer talked about Williams sisters. It is obvious that it will be conflicting their own interest if they keep on praising about Williams sisters when they are not playing don't you think?

When Williams sisters went back tot he top of the game, we will see commentators talk about them again, until then people whould realise that it is not that we have forgotten about the sisters already, we are just waiting to talk about how great they are again until they start playing and dominating like they use to.
What threads? What are you talking about?:rolleyes:

Allez-H
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Maybe because Justine and Kim are worldnumber 1 and 2 while Serena is injured and Venus performed that great yet.I don't know just a wild guess :rolleyes:

SJW
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM
like harloo said...what threads? :retard:

Rocketta
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:13 PM
What threads? What are you talking about?:rolleyes:The ones in his head....:cuckoo:

Knizzle
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Anyway, I can't watch a women's match on ESPN without hearing the commetators talk about the WS. I wish they wouldn't talk about them and focus on the players who are playing, but.................

Filip!
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Answer to the question: because Venus and Serena are not able to be at the top right now.

Jakeev
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Uh i have to get on the train and say huh? The sisters are the most talked about duo in tennis. I have not seen any indication they are being ignored.

I mean hell Serena is not even playing and I hear about her all the time. Everything from the tragedy of her older sister to her furs and her public appearances.

Believe me they are not being ignored.

Lady
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM
You know this is funny, but my comentators hardly mention WS!
Believe it or not... ;)

SJW
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:31 PM
my commentators don't NOT mention them

it gets annoying sometimes

Volcana
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Justine and Kim are playing. The commentators aren't talking about Monica, Jenn aor Amelie either.

Wait. Is this a trick question?

Tplayer
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:18 PM

The Williams sisters are "old news" simple as that.
Venus "average joe" Williams can't get past round 3 and Serena is afraid to play.What's there to talk about?

locks
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Bud collins says tennis needs the sisters.

wfan.com/breaknewsaudio/ (http://wfan.com/breaknewsaudio/)

Sam L
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:20 AM
The ones in his head....:cuckoo:
It's funny how some of you play "dumb". Oh wait, in your case, you don't need to play anything. :tape:

You all know what wongqks is talking about. Well said, wongqks! :)

slice
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:22 AM
omg this is a dumb thread. no1 is talking bout serena and venus coz they r both injured and when venus does play she just ends up forfeiting due to another injury :rolleyes: and as kim and judy jetson r number 1 and 2 atm, they r getting talked about.

and dont just limit urself to talking bout the lack of discussion concerning the williams sisters, what about capriati? she frequently took sets off serena, without capitalising though, and won a few grandslams and she's ranked higher than serena and venus now and she also hasnt played in quite a while!

get well jen! :bounce:

Rocketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:33 AM
It's funny how some of you play "dumb". Oh wait, in your case, you don't need to play anything. :tape:

You all know what wongqks is talking about. Well said, wongqks! :)use the :cuckoo: and guess who shows up? I wonder why? :tape:

:cuckoo: calls your name doesn't it?

Go a head admit it!

Oh and here is some help for your first step on the journey to mental health...

http://www.psyweb.com/Drughtm/Drugimages/xanaxpill.gif

Rtael
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:59 AM
use the :cuckoo: and guess who shows up? I wonder why? :tape:

Go a head admit it!

One wonders how you know that medication so well..... :haha:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:52 AM
sisters who :unsure:

Question what does VW and SW stand for? Is this tennis related?

Well seriously talk about Williams doesn't exist anymore, apart from Serena went to this and to that blah. It was a joke but apparently it's not even tennis related anymore

Rocketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:04 AM
One wonders how you know that medication so well..... :haha:Easy, my mother works at a Mental Health facility for over 20 years she tells me all the current medications the nuts are taking these days and an even easier reason, I'm a Librarian and can look up anything I want.....anymore questions??....:wavey:

Sam L
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:08 AM
One wonders how you know that medication so well..... :haha:
:haha:

:tape:

Rtael, I hear that to alleviate the boredom of mental health patients, they allow them to go on internet message boards now. :tape:

Mr. Man
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:09 AM
use the :cuckoo: and guess who shows up? I wonder why? :tape:

Go a head admit it!

:haha: Too funny!

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Easy, my mother works at a Mental Health facility for over 20 years she tells me all the current medications the nuts are taking these days and an even easier reason, I'm a Librarian and can look up anything I want.....anymore questions??....:wavey:
Yes!
Q: "Are you a happy you're a librarian?" What is it that u do besides posting here(a lot)

YOU poeple could start saying what u do as well! I'm a student - if you want to know more ask...

Rocketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Yes!
Q: "Are you a happy you're a librarian?" What is it that u do besides posting here(a lot)
That's two questions....One I'm very happy I'm a Librarian and two yes I do other things beside posting on here. Do you?

Don't hate cause I can hang on here and get paid....:angel:

Rocketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:25 AM
:haha:

:tape:

Rtael, I hear that to alleviate the boredom of mental health patients, they allow them to go on internet message boards now. :tape:Well who better than you would know about being a mental patient...:cuckoo:

Oh I also hear there are medications that can help with your creativity cause I think I called you crazy first so for you to call me crazy well that is just weak...:wavey:

Try again, :cuckoo:!

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:26 AM
That's two questions....One I'm very happy I'm a Librarian and two yes I do other things beside posting on here. Do you?

Don't hate cause I can hang on here and get paid....:angel:

I wasn't hating! I was pointing out what u said :p being online for ages and get paid

Rocketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I wasn't hating! I was pointing out what u said :p being online for ages and get paid
When did I say that? Rtael asked how I knew about medications...I said being a Librarian is one reason, cause we can look up whatever we want when we want....That didn't mean I was at work just that I can look up whatever I want. I can do it from home or work..

but I understand what you mean now....

And yes I have the autonomy in my job to surf the net as I please it's one of the reasons I chose my job...:)

Sam L
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Well who better than you would know about being a mental patient...:cuckoo:

Oh I also hear there are medications that can help with your creativity cause I think I called you crazy first so for you to call me crazy well that is just weak...:wavey:

Try again, :cuckoo:!
Actually I'm studying to be a nurse, so maybe that's why. :cuckoo:

And I didn't call you crazy, stop been so paranoid, but I can understand because I'm sure many others call you that. :tape:

Rocketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Actually I'm studying to be a nurse, so maybe that's why. :cuckoo:

And I didn't call you crazy, stop been so paranoid, but I can understand because I'm sure many others call you that. :tape:
hmm, well they say those doctors and nurses are the biggest druggies around, so what you been sampling tonight Sam? :tape: Lay off the Oxycotin and try the Xanax!! :smoke:

Joachim
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Kim&justine Are The Best

Mrs. Peel
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Anyway, I can't watch a women's match on ESPN without hearing the commetators talk about the WS. I wish they wouldn't talk about them and focus on the players who are playing, but.................
They never stop talking about Venus and Serena...the commentators invoke their names like a mantra...

harloo
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:35 PM
If you look at it noone really talks about Justine and Kim but the commentators and the reporters in Belguim. So, who cares? They are the #1 and #2 players right now .

However, I have not seen all these THREADS on the board where posters are saying the Williams sisters are not talked about enough. You hear about the sister's when they are on the court and off the court, and some folks cannot handle that, you can tell by reading some of the idiotic responses in this thread.

bandabou
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:14 PM
No one is talking about them, because they ainīt winning..so they canīt be critisized.

Just like that, there ainīt much the press can critisize now...save for them taking too long perhaps?!

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 9th, 2004, 11:08 PM
hmm, well they say those doctors and nurses are the biggest druggies around,

You're right! I'm studying to become a doctor and you know what?! I like drugs!

davenport_1
Feb 9th, 2004, 11:19 PM
They need to talk about maueresmo more. I could care less about the Williams I think they ruined tennis by turning it into a game of smashing the ball. They have no finesse or art in their games whatsoever.

G_Slammed
Feb 10th, 2004, 12:59 AM
I could care less about the Williams I think they ruined tennis by turning it into a game of smashing the ball.
Yeah..I know. I just don't understand why Richard didn't use those instructional videos featuring the racquet wizardry, deft shot making, seemingly limitless arsenal of shots demonstrated by Lindsay Davenport.

They have no finesse or art in their games whatsoever.Cause God up and gave it all to that principal ballerina of a tennis player L. Davenport... so fleet of foot, and bubbling-over with finesse and artistic wonder.

Diya
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:13 AM
The game of tennis has passed the W/sisters by so its ok for people to talk about other players who are obviously better than them .........The W/S (and their fans) think they are still in 2001-2002 but i guess its time they "woke up" and realised that they aren't the best any longer !

Knizzle
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah..I know. I just don't understand why Richard didn't use those instructional videos featuring the racquet wizardry, deft shot making, seemingly limitless arsenal of shots demonstrated by Lindsay Davenport.

Cause God up and gave it all to that principal ballerina of a tennis player L. Davenport... so fleet of foot, and bubbling-over with finesse and artistic wonder.

:haha: :haha:

Some people should really think before speaking huh G_Slammed???

G_Slammed
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Williams-free commentating...

Nice to not have to hear about the pack hunting the Williams down to eat challenge them for a change. If any of you have the Rubin/Davenport JPMorgan Chase Open final on tape.. watch it.. more importantly, listen to it..Pam/Mary Joe/Navaratilova commentating... you will see what I mean.