E. Blackadder
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I found this post quite interesting

1 Justine Henin-Hardenne
2 Kim Clijsters OK?
3 Amelie Mauresmo Injury
4 Serena Williams Injury
5 Jennifer Capriati Injury
6 Lindsay Davenport (OK, troubled by shoulder)
7 Anastasia Myskina OK
8 Elena Dementieva (OK, Hasn't won a match yet)
9 Ai Sugiyama Sick
10 Chanda Rubin Injury
11 Nadia Petrova Injury
12 Vera Zvonareva OK
13 Paola Suarez OK
14 Venus Williams Injury
15 Jelena Dokic OK?

E. Blackadder
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Clijsters and Dokic are injured too but play trough it

selesrocks
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:46 PM
One word: sad!

goldenlox
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM
It's an opportunity for other players. Zuluaga had her best payday by far in Melbourne.
Every sport has injuries.

MLF
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Dementieva was a quarter finalist at Sydney, beating Cargill & Bovina to get there.

I think healthwise this is the worst start to a year ever for the elite women.

LindsayRulez
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Lindsay is 100% okay, the shoulder was just something that bothered her for a few days after all that initial tennis.

maccardel
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Why not speak about the list of players who have retired in the last two years and those who are out on the disable list. That is really sad- we are talking about Venus, Serena, Monica, Amelie, Martina Hingis, Anna Kournikova, and a much longer who's who's of tennis. Imagine if all these players were healthy now, and currently producing good results on the circuit?

I think the tennis would be of top quality and exciting even for tier III events. Can you imagine the grand slams and also the Nasdaq tourneys? I wish we could see Kim and justine being challenged by Martina Hingis and Monica and other players.

j_dementieva27
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:59 PM
dementieva has a 2-3 record this year... and i would say only the loss against jankovic was shocking

she lost to an in-form davenport and continued her poor record against tatiana panova (regardless of her ranking, tati has ruled elena the past few years)

plus... elena almost never starts off her season well...

tennnisfannn
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:53 AM
I wonder at the extent of Kim's injury. Remember last year when Seles was in a similar position with an ankle injury which she sustained at the AO. She went on to play tokyo, dubai and few others all the way to the French. She has been out of action since may. Serena's pain seems to have started before wimbledon and had been playing through it, she is still out. venus injured herself in may, she is barely out of the woods yet. Amelie has a variety of injuires that take turn to recur. This is scary. I said this before in a different thread, hingis seems healed in comparison. She should attempt a comeback. she will still make the semis, finals and win some.