PDA

View Full Version : What if Alex can win?

PointBlank
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Well we all know thats impossable against the totally fit Silvia, but if Alex can win can she be good ever again :shrug: I know that will be hard with her mum her coach still but maybe :shrug:

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Well we all know thats impossable against the totally fit Silvia, but if Alex can win can she be good ever again :shrug: I know that will be hard with her mum her coach still but maybe :shrug:
Samantha is a fucking joke. She has a kid fathered by a pro athlete So She can Hopefully Have one herself. So She does; and then handles a job (coaching @ WTA level) way ova Her Head and fucks up her Own Original plan! :rolleyes:

Richie77
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Alex's problem is that she's still partying like it's 1999. She's been stuck in one mode ever since making that Wimbledon semifinal, and it's not given her all that much success.

The game has evolved, and if she wants to be successful, she has to adapt.

maccardel
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:09 PM
I used to like Alex, but I am lost for words with her coaching. You can't love your mom that much to fuck up your own career or maybe it should be, that Samantha can't be that controlling that wisdom and common sense seems to always elude her. It is a damn shame that Alex's career is downhill.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Maybe Alexandra is just not that good.

gmak
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:18 PM
if silvia loses tomorrow she should quit tennis :eek: :lol:

esquímaux
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:21 PM
:yawn:

Jakeev
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Alex's problem is that she's still partying like it's 1999. She's been stuck in one mode ever since making that Wimbledon semifinal, and it's not given her all that much success.

The game has evolved, and if she wants to be successful, she has to adapt.
Well that is not necesarily so. She actually had a great Fall in 2001 and an even better Fall in 2002. But ever since the indoor circuit of 2002, she has done nothing.

I still think Alex is a tremendous talent, but seems like it's a waste we can't see it.

maccardel
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:37 PM
wouldn't it be a shame to retire without really reaching your full potential? I want her to be top 10 and she has it but I think tennis is what the mother wants and not what Alex want. It only goes to show that sometimes a parent's fantasy is bigger than the child's dream. I want Alex to come out of the blue and win Indian Wells or maybe a grand slam and then take off on an upward bound trip to the top ten and win a lot more titles and grand slam, unfortunately and sadly this is not the case. It breaks my heart to see her struggling all the time.

faste5683
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Maybe Alexandra is just not that good.

She's not.

:wavey:

Volcana
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Well we all know thats impossable against the totally fit Silvia, but if Alex can win can she be good ever again :shrug: I know that will be hard with her mum her coach still but maybe :shrug:If that happens, we'll see many, many many more hate-filled threads, posted by people who'd think it totally unfair if someone took one or two incidents out of THEIR lives, and then passed judgement on them. If Alex wins, all the scum on the board will rise and start writing nasty things about her.

Completely inevitable. Take it to the bank.

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:04 PM
If that happens, we'll see many, many many more hate-filled threads, posted by people who'd think it totally unfair if someone took one or two incidents out of THEIR lives, and thenpoased judgement on them. If Alex wins, allthe scum on the board willrise and start writing nasty things about her.

Completely inevitable. Take it to the bank.

I don't foresee that. I think she'll get a much worse rap if she loses. At this point, even people who dislike her (myself included), would be happy to see her win a match.

SJW
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:05 PM
i like Alex. i reckon she has a good game.

her guidance, her attitude, her coaching, and her diet is totally fucked up on the other hand

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:12 PM
I want Alex to come out of the blue and win Indian Wells........
OMG, she'd never let Venus & Serena hear the end of that one! :D

(And welcome back Doc, I've missed you). ;)

Darop.
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:28 PM
In theory, she's the favourite against Farina. It's indoor afterall.
PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::haha::haha::haha:

OK, big eye opener:

Before I start i must admit I am a huge Alex fan and hope she can back into the top 20 where her talent COULD bring her.Silvia came extremely close to winning her first title at the beggining of the year and only lost to a great rising player in suarez, even though she had several match points.

At the AUS Open, despite the 3 and 3 vs kim, silvia had many break points and game points and showed off a much more aggresive tennis then in the last few years, and going to the net very often, plus she has already beat stevenson indoors in straight sets and also beat her on grass previously.

Stevenson 2003 highlights:

Took set off Amelie.

2004 highlights:

lost to an unknown newbie trying to qualify in a tier 3.

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:42 PM
You just Gotta Get Alex Angry, As Denisa Did with Jeca Joining in (Moscow '01) and She's Set for a year! :p

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:59 AM
i like Alex. i reckon she has a good game.

her guidance, her attitude, her coaching, and her diet is totally fucked up on the other hand

Good game?! Diet?! ROTFLMAO :haha:

She doesn't HAVE A GAME. She is a huge ball striker and a huge double faulter, and has the ultimate error prone style. She hits the ball so hard it either blows the opponent away or 500 errors show up in the stats

If she ever learns how to play a match - when to go for your shots, when to play safe, when to change tactics she could be a good player. But the problem is she likes the way she plays and still has no clue why she loses all the time

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:00 AM
You just Gotta Get Alex Angry, As Denisa Did with Jeca Joining in (Moscow '01) and She's Set for a year! :p

please explain :D

what are you talking about?

AjdeNate!
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:10 AM
She's better when she has some confidence, and right now - she has none. She'll need to win some matches to re-earn it.

SerialKiller#69
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Why are we blaming her mom for Alex's disastrous results? Maybe, just MAYBE, Alex sucks big time!

Venus Forever
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Why are we blaming her mom for Alex's disastrous results? Maybe, just MAYBE, Alex sucks big time!
In that case, Capriati (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=303,3650685,wtaworld.com), Dokic, Hantuchova, Myskina, and others must be just as terrible.

PointBlank
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Alex gets mad and that is why she lost 7-6 third set against Lisa in Memphis 2002 and why she lost easily to her in 2003 she has a horrable attitude

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:27 AM
She sometimes acts like a spoiled princess on the tennis court. She can be very pouty.

She doesn't seem to have the mentality to dig in and fight.

In retrospect, having that early success at Wimbledon wasn't good for her.

PointBlank
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:30 AM
She cried and left Memphis courts after final without presentation after she lost , her mum had to go get her

*JR*
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:11 PM
please explain :D

what are you talking about?
I'll post An Article (& comment on it) If I find the link, otherwise give a summary myself.

Yak
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Stop putting all the blame on coaching! The coaching must have been a little good in 1999 in Wimby :rolleyes: The problem is Alex! If she wouldn't have reached that semi, she would not be talked about like Jill Craybas(who is better and has a title). Apart from the serve, she has nothing. Forehand is not bad but she misses 2 out of 4. Backhand is totally horrible. Movement is :lol: And that makes her volleys ugly since she hasn't got the time to get to them.

For me, Alex has been overated from the start!

CanadianBoy21
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Alex plays without a head on the tennis court.
No suprise there, cause there seems no to be a lot of good stuff in there.
I think she could easily be in the top 10.
Let's face it, she has the game, big serve, big forehand, ... could improve on movement, etc.... she had 5 years to improve on her weaknesses, but she regressed.

Darop.
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Farina leads 4-3 first set ;)

Darop.
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:23 PM
5-4 farina

Darop.
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
omg believe it or not alex is up 6-5 :confused:

UDiTY
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:49 PM
She won the first set in a tiebreak!!!!:bounce:

Down 4-3 second set.....come on ALEX!!!

Harju.
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I'm shocked. :p

UDiTY
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:09 PM
7-6, 5-7 :sad:

KV
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Alex, how many double faults, incredible! Should have done better, blew it!

*JR*
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Stop putting all the blame on coaching! .... Apart from the serve, she has nothing. Forehand is not bad but she misses 2 out of 4. Backhand is totally horrible. Movement is :lol: And that makes her volleys ugly since she hasn't got the time to get to them.

Sounds like a player whose coach never "fixed" those weaknesses. When Marti beat Venus around '97, Vee was also a big strong girl lacking finesse. So Richard and the coaches he'd send her to For "Fine Tuning" Taught her that. Something Samantha ovalooked.