PDA

View Full Version : Testud vs Hantuchova interesting matchup

tennnisfannn
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I am curious how this match up will pan out, what form willl Sandrine be in, will Daniela's confidence still be on a roll or did lindsay deflate that. I don't really expect an upset but tis a tough ist round for Sandrine to come back on. I would like to see both girls do well but alsa one must be sent packing on day 1.
Dokic has Bovina and Pierce to worry about. In case you haven't seen the draw here it is
Clijsters (1) – Bye
Daniilidou – Sanchez-Lorenz
Pisnik – Chladkova
Stevenson – Farina-Elia (7)

Schnyder (3) – Bye
Q/LL - Q/LL
Vento-Kabchi - Q/LL
Loit – Schiavone (5)

Serna (8) – Mandula
Pierce – Dechy
Bovina - Q/LL
Bye - Dokic (4)

Smashnova (6) – Golovin
Testud – Hantuchova
Cohen-Aloro - Q/LL
Bye - Dementieva (2)

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Sandrine will have to be in alot better form she was in on Friday.
then again so does Dani (but Dani didnt lose to someone ranked near 200 0-6 3-6)

Dani will win in 2 sets, only the Parisian crowd can affect the total amount of games Sandrine wins.

sartrista7
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Wow, Golovin vs Smashnova-Pistolesi again... cue draw-rigging accusations ;) Go Tati!

Last week, Sandrine lost a set to Nuria Llagostera Vives and lost emphatically to Virag Nemeth, while Daniela beat Alicia Molik and Maria Sharapova. On current form, there's no contest.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM
go sandrine!

Vut
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Go Hantuchova :hearts:

j_dementieva27
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:31 PM
go sadrine!!! good luck on your first match back on the wta tour

i didnt think i would say this but... she has a TOUGH match against hantuchova

as for the crowd... i do think that will play a huge factor... and hantuchova has been known to be emotionally weak during tough times in matches (vs. harkleroad @ FO)

as for a final result.. i do expect daniela to win in straight sets but dont count sadrine out... shes quite the little giant killer so i wouldnt be overly surprised if she pulled off an upset

Wojtek
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Daniela in two

€CharlDa€
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:38 PM
WOW I am rooting for Dani, but I'm sad that Testud had to face her to return....

Good luck to both!

GoSandrine
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Tough opening round for Sandrine but sometimes it's best to play someone tough early when you may catch them off guard.

As for recent results, Sandrine tailed off last week in Ortisei so maybe her conditioning is not quite there yet. She'll definitely have her hands full against Daniela but Sandrine is clearly underdog so she has nothing to lose. Dani seems to be recovering nicely from last season's funk.

My take is Daniela is the favorite but if Sandrine plays loose she can make this match competitive. A win is not out of the question especially if Daniela gets the jitters.

Allez!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Maggie&MomoFan
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:40 PM
i dont mean any offense but thats a weak event! kimas gonna steam roll!

JLDementieva
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I think Daniela is going to win this one! I really am looking forward to that Dementieva/Hantuchova possible matchup!!! If they both get that far!

hingis-seles
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Allez Sandrine. :hearts:

Crubin
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Dani in two.

GO TATI! :hearts:

Come-on-kim
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:53 PM
I hope Sandrine will win :hearts:

PointBlank
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Sandy in 2

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:25 PM
So will Le Lyoness eat up her opponents? :confused: (No, no, not THAT way)! :eek:

Edward.
Feb 8th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Daniela in two! :yeah:

beauty_is_pink
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Good Luck Daniela!!! you have great confidence rolling in! keep at it! :bounce:

daniela86
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I thinkand I hope Daniela will win in 2 sets!!
GO DANIELA

shnit.
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:32 PM
good Luck And C'mon Daniela!!

mandy7
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:22 PM
kick ass danielka!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Daniela 6-3, 7-5

But I hope Sandrine wins :angel:

Zl@tko
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Good luck, Sandrine!

Peter M
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Go Sandrine!!!

LindsayRocks89
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:12 AM
As long as Daniela's confidence doesnt go away again then i think she'll be fine

Andrew.
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:14 AM
As long as Daniela's confidence doesnt go away again then i think she'll be fine

Ditto.

probably a 6-4 6-2 deal for Dani.

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Good luck to Dani. :angel:

azza
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Sandrine 3-6 7-5 7-5 ;)

for-sure
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:40 AM
I think Sandrine will be tired (probably a little injuried also) from last week.

Masharapova
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:45 AM
daniella in straight sets.

LUIS9
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Yes its a rough draw for Testud just because she was out for so long, however if it would have been Testud of Old and current Daniela Testud would actually be Considered the favorite, shes one of those players who consistently roamed around the ranking of 15-35 and once as high as 11 who always gives the top players trouble. Solid baseliner can hit big, very underated both first and second serves, can hit em in the upper 108 as high as 114mph(well used to), however at this point in time even a readjusting Daniela is favorite going into this match. However Testud has a very slim chance of making things interesting especially if Dani feels the pressure and begins to let it get to her. I know this is such a weak field it spells Kim Clijsters champione du paris deux mille quatre. Only Dokic, Schnyder and Dementieva to possibly challenge her, she owns Dementieva, Dokic isnt quite in form and she just beat Schnyder at the aussie, and this is a much faster surface favoring Kims game she's been most successful indoors, so barring injury and major upset Kim should win comfortably to say the least!

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Yes its a rough draw for Testud just because she was out for so long, however if it would have been Testud of Old and current Daniela Testud would actually be Considered the favorite, shes one of those players who consistently roamed around the ranking of 15-35 and once as high as 11 who always gives the top players trouble. Solid baseliner can hit big, very underated both first and second serves, can hit em in the upper 108 as high as 114mph(well used to), however at this point in time even a readjusting Daniela is favorite going into this match. However Testud has a very slim chance of making things interesting especially if Dani feels the pressure and begins to let it get to her. I know this is such a weak field it spells Kim Clijsters champione du paris deux mille quatre. Only Dokic, Schnyder and Dementieva to possibly challenge her, she owns Dementieva, Dokic isnt quite in form and she just beat Schnyder at the aussie, and this is a much faster surface favoring Kims game she's been most successful indoors, so barring injury and major upset Kim should win comfortably to say the least!

Actually, Testud reached the top ten on a few occasions. Her highest was #9, I believe, and she was a top ten player in her last event.