PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most interesting PERSON?

Fantastic
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Forget about their tennis and what they've achieved (or not achieved) for a second and think of them as ordinary human beings. Forget about the media hype and focus on what you know of the person. Think about where they came from and their path to the world of pro tennis. Which player or players is the most interesting as a person?

The Crow
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Venus probably.

SJW
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Serena cuz she lets on more to who she really is
Venus but she's a hard one to crack...more reserved

Greenout
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Hmm. Amelie, Tammy and Maggie are the ones I'd name off the
top of my head. Really smart, interesting, well read, and able to
understand things beyond just sports.

Hingis seems bright; Venus too. Can't really pick Justine because
she dropped out of school at 15- doesn't read much or is that
interested in world affairs or art either.

Fantastic
Obviously, not every player is included in the poll, so the question is directly related to those who are. It's not that the other players aren't interesting. I'm just more curious about this group.

MarcusRock
Forget about their tennis and what they've achieved (or not achieved) for a second and think of them as ordinary human beings. Forget about the media hype and focus on what you know of the person. Think about where they came from and their path to the world of pro tennis. Which player or players is the most interesting as a person?See, here's the problem. The things that most people know about players are all the things you've said here to ignore: their tennis, what they've achieved and not achieved, media, demeanor on court, etc. Almost none of us know them as ordinary human beings. As far as where they came from and their path to the world of pro tennis, I learned that through the media, which you said to ignore. See what I mean? :p

joaco
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Anna:drool: j/k

MArtina

Lady
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:31 PM
I voted almost for everyone ;)

E. Blackadder
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:31 PM
amelie: just because she's a mental case

lolas
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:34 PM
What about Monica Seles?

Experimentee
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Venus, Serena and Capriati have the most interesting life stories.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:03 PM
i agree with greenout on tamarine...i also like venus and hingis.

Volcana
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM
WHen you remove on court accomplishments, who's left but Martina Navratilova?

1) Defecting from a communist country back whenthat meant maybe never seeing your family again.

2) Coming out of the closet in early 80's, when that would cos her millions (and it did), as wellas meaning threats to her life.

3) Poliitical work for gay rights.

But it's an unfair comparison. Martina's older. She's had more time to do more with her life. I mean, besides Steffi, the next oldest on the list is 24. Which of them has had TIME to do anything?

Steffi Graf - Mother of two. Married to famous tennis player. Appeared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.
Serena Williams - aspiring actress. Minor roles on TV
Justine Henin-Hardenne - Lost parent at young age. Esrtranged from family
Kim Clijsters - engaged to tennis player
Venus Williams - small business owner
Martina Hingis - horse owner
Anna Kournikova - famous cover model
Amelie Mauresmo - ?
Jennifer Capriati - ex-convict

Not a fair comparison.

TonyP
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Of the people on your list, Hingis leads the way, followed probably by Serena Williams and Martina N. Venus probably ranks fourth. We just don't know much about the others away from tennis, including Graf. Yes,we know she married Andre and has two kids, but Graf remains almost a complete mystery. We have no idea what he interests are or what she may have achieved outside the sport.

Hingis gets the nod for her post tennis activities, including furthering her education, starting a career in a new sport, show jumping horses; starting a career in broadcasting, conducting tennis clincis and for her continuing commercial work. Hingis also has done some fascinating work with the world health organization and the UN development fund, visiting Napal, Indonesia and Colombia.

Serena generates interest because of her fashion work and her acting work.

Martina N. because she has been an outspoken person within the sport and outside of it, too, often on politics and for gay rights.

Venus gets marks for her fashion and design work.

Kournikova, I suppose, gets marks for her modeling career and for being linked to high profile men.

The others on the list are hard to rank, because we really know very little about other activities on their parts.

irma
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:12 PM
of course it's Steffi for me
if I didn't think she was the best, most interesting and most entertaining then why in the world did I spend all those hours rooting for her? I could have find another fav if Steffi had not been above the rest for me.
Of course this is only my opinion. it's not a general fact or truth;)

minboy
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Can't really pick Justine because
she dropped out of school at 15- doesn't read much or is that
interested in world affairs or art either.
Justine finished her " schooling cycle" (?) i think, just not by ordinary ways. There is something in belgium called "central jury" which is a way to get diplomas even though you didn't attend school. I think she did it because she promised her mother to get her degree. She was also the best student of her class according to her former teachers.

and HOW could you know if she reads much or not/ is interested in arts , ...???

Joachim
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Kim

saki
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Well, it depends what you mean by 'interesting'. Martina N has had by far the most interesting life (see Volcana's post for details). Steffi intrigues me the most because she's such an enigma. Justine piques my interest because we know so little about what happened with her family. Amelie and Hingis both come across as having wide interests and would probably be the most interesting conversationalists. Etc, etc. To my mind, they're all interesting in different ways, to different degrees. The only one I have a problem thinking of anything particularly interesting about is Kim.

Infiniti2001
Feb 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Of the people on your list, Hingis leads the way, followed probably by Serena Williams and Martina N. Venus probably ranks fourth. We just don't know much about the others away from tennis, including Graf. Yes,we know she married Andre and has two kids, but Graf remains almost a complete mystery. We have no idea what he interests are or what she may have achieved outside the sport.

Hingis gets the nod for her post tennis activities, including furthering her education, starting a career in a new sport, show jumping horses; starting a career in broadcasting, conducting tennis clincis and for her continuing commercial work. Hingis also has done some fascinating work with the world health organization and the UN development fund, visiting Napal, Indonesia and Colombia.

Serena generates interest because of her fashion work and her acting work.

Martina N. because she has been an outspoken person within the sport and outside of it, too, often on politics and for gay rights.

Venus gets marks for her fashion and design work.

Kournikova, I suppose, gets marks for her modeling career and for being linked to high profile men.

The others on the list are hard to rank, because we really know very little about other activities on their parts.

Leave it up to tonyp to keep Hingis alive on this board :lol:
First of all, Hingis, it turns out, was "furthering her education" by getting a high school diploma, which Serena already has- along with some college. Hinigs also isn't "starting a new career" in horse jumping; there's no such "career." In fact, she's simply devoting more time to an old hobby which anyone who has followed her can recall she's been doing forever (her loss at the 1997 FO has often been attributed to her fall from a horse). Doing a little tennis commentating at GSs is hardly a "career in broadcasting." Virtually ANY prominent player who has retired has given it a shot here and there. Did Anna "Start a career" in broadcasting? Working a week here and there on camera at a GS is pretty much equal to making a couple of talk show appearances, to promote an event as Venus and Serena have done. Tennis clinics? What top player doesn't do them? Venus and Serena, along with their mom, have their own charity for which they've put on events and clinics. I don't know what is meant by "commercial work" but if this refers to endorsments, she's smoked by Venus, Serena and Anna in this department. "interesting work" for the WHO. It's commendable that she is a celebrity spokesperson buy celebrity spokespeople do not DO "interesting work." They make public appearances to bring attention to the organization. Virtually every top tennis player has visited countries like Colombia and Indonesia among others. I don't know what Napal refers to. Nepal?

Not to detract from Hingis; some of these are good things she's done but they are run-of-the-mill. If I wanted to diminish her, I could easily say "Martina generates a little interest by public appearances." (She's not doing stuff like getting her high school diploma and hobbies like horseback riding to "generate interest;" they're her private life).

Meanwhile, I could turn around and say "Serena continues her education, does designing, acts, holds clinics, travels extensively, does exhibitions for charity, helps to promote WTA events and continues her commercial work."

Any list can be manipulated by lumping all of one's players activities together to dismiss them while scouring the nooks and crannies of another's for insignificant things to place on a long list. :tape:

P.S. what Volcana said :p

vogus
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:06 PM
most interesting are Capriati and Graf

Serena, Hingis, Navratilova all === the most BOOOOOORING on the list...

Dava
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:35 PM
I think although she aint upm there Patty or Jelena i think are the most interesting people, cos they have such bizzare personal lives, yet seem so quiet and reserved. But it depends what you mean by interesting person...

LindsayRocks89
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:45 PM
on the list i would say either jenn or the williams, but for me the most interesting person is of course Lindsay Ann Davenport :hearts:

Rtael
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Out of those....I pick Justine. If I could pick anyone it would be Magdalena Maleeva! She has a GREAT personality!

Dymension
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Venus :bounce: She is interesting :hearts:

antonella
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:29 AM
:yeah: Absolutely! even though she is in no way my favorite, she's opinionated and always has interesting things to say.

Leo_DFP
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Martina Nav.

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Momo. Her upfront action in coming out as gay at her breakthrough slam when she was only 19 is pretty amazing in itself. Apart from that, you just have to hear her talk to know that this is a very intelligent, charming young woman. She's certainly the one that I'd most want to talk to out of the whole lot of them.

Okay, on second thought, I have to agree that Martina N would also be very interesting to hold a conversation with.

TonyP
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Leave it up to some Williams fans to diminish others' accomplishments. No one slagged their girls, but they feel it necessary to try to tear down someone else, rather than cheering the accomplishments of the players they support.

It must be sad to have such a built in inferiority complex. You don't build yourself up by tearing others down. You don't achieve by lowering standards. You make one set of standards and ask everyone to elevate themselves, not reduce everyone else so your failures don't stand out.

For myself, I wish the Williams sisters well in their endeavors and I don't slag them for having outside interests. Too bad others choose a different route.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:59 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Infiniti2001
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Leave it up to some Williams fans to diminish others' accomplishments. No one slagged their girls, but they feel it necessary to try to tear down someone else, rather than cheering the accomplishments of the players they support.

It must be sad to have such a built in inferiority complex. You don't build yourself up by tearing others down. You don't achieve by lowering standards. You make one set of standards and ask everyone to elevate themselves, not reduce everyone else so your failures don't stand out.

For myself, I wish the Williams sisters well in their endeavors and I don't slag them for having outside interests. Too bad others choose a different route.

How the hell did I diminish hingis's accomplishments.. Oh cry me a friggin river.ugh

antonella
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:15 AM

:yeah: :yeah: The voice of reason, thanks!!!

Fantastic
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:03 PM
I think Steffi's enigma is possibly what makes her "interesting". She drops hints but tells you nothing and that makes you want to know more about her. Why did she dump Michael Bartels? What went on between her and Alexander Mronz? How well did she really get along with Gabriela Sabatini? All questions raised, but none ever really answered. What does she really see in Andre?

Martina Navratilova is almost an open book. She's been a very upfront sort of person since coming out. You could say she's not backward in coming forward. You almost look forward with anticipation to what Martina might say towards any issue or topic. She seems to have an opinion on almost anything.

They would be my picks. But if Amelie Mauresmo, Martina Hingis or Anna Kournikova ever wrote a book about their lives, I'd read them.

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Steffi Graf - Mother of two. Married to famous tennis player. Appeared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.
Amelie Mauresmo - ?

Not a fair comparison.
What a pathetic attempt to dennigrate people you don't like. I am NOT a fan of Jennifer Capriati, but she is NOT an ex-convict by any stretch of the imagination. Martina Hingis is not simply a "horse owner." She competes in jumper classes. This is a demanding sport that requires time and dedication. In addition, she's furthering her education and is putting in time as a rookie commentator. You might have listed her as an aspiring commentator, similar to the way you assigned the adjective to Serena's career objective. Furthermore, I think it's rather interesting that Martina has widely diverse interests. The commentating and public relations appearances are much different from training and riding horses. To me, that's the sort of thing that is interesting -- that she combines the outgoing and gregarious nature with the quiet sort of patience, care, and introspection that one must have when working with animals successfully.

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Oh, and by the way, even though I am not a Jennifer fan, I have the deepest respect for anyone who has turned his/her life around after public humiliation and drug use. Putting drugs out of one's life is not an easy thing. It requires a great deal of personal growth. I know many people in recovery and recpect them very much indeed. I expect that if one got to know Jennifer personally, she might have some very interesting insights.

azza
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Barbora Strycova :)

irma
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Fantastic There are way more interesting love stories from steffi's side then michael b or alex mronz. I mean it's obvious why she dumped the first considering she lived together with another man within a month after she dumped him and the dog;)
it's much more interesting what happened with the boxer during olymp 88, the photographer and why did she wait till 99 to even mention him while the gossipmagazine's all were sure that they were together in the early nineties anyway, henri leconte during wim 91, mike hucknall in 90 (both said themself that there was something going on) or even Stubb or Ines (well obvious some still believe Steffi eat from different walls so steffi should tell about that too;) )
Or how long were Andre and Steffi really together before San Diego 99

And that's only her lovelife;)
I came up with a lot more what as a fan I would like to know. Simply because I am noisy;)

But sadly Steffi will never write a book and even less now she also has to think about her two children. I can understand it though, because of course it's nobodies business but Steffi's!

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:35 PM
First of all, Hingis, it turns out, was "furthering her education" by getting a high school diploma, which Serena already has- along with some college. Hinigs also isn't "starting a new career" in horse jumping; there's no such "career." In fact, she's simply devoting more time to an old hobby which anyone who has followed her can recall she's been doing forever (her loss at the 1997 FO has often been attributed to her fall from a horse). Doing a little tennis commentating at GSs is hardly a "career in broadcasting." :tape:

What a load of horseshit. (I'm sure I'll get another bad rep for that one. :lol:)

First what do you know about a career in horse jumping? Obviously NOTHING! Yes there is such a thing as having a career in horse jumping. There are many people who earn their living this way, and some of them make a quite profitable living. Competition riding is as much a career as any other competitive athletic career.

And as for the high school thing. Another ignorant statement. Switzerland doesn't have high schools like the U.S. This is as ignorant as Greenout labeling Justine a high school drop out. You can finish school at age 15. I know MANY people who have done this. There after you go into training for some sort of specialized job....... there are all sorts of apprenticeships and trainings that don't equate to anything in the U.S.

I'm not impressed with a United States High School education. Talk to any one in Europe who has gone to Gymnasium or the equivalent and you will find that the U.S. high school education lags way behind what a student in Europe will accomplish by staying in the higher level of secondary education.

New_balls_please
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Dominique van Roost

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Oh.... and should I laugh at Serena's aspirations to be an actress? I don't think so. Yet Infiniti sneers at Martina's aspirations to become a commentator. She may succeed and she may not, but there's nothing shameful in her aspirations.

Fantastic
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:42 PM
LOL, I got a negative rep for starting this thread. :o Sorry if I "offended" anyone. :p

starr
Feb 9th, 2004, 01:48 PM
:lol: Fantastic! That is SO funny. It seemed pretty inoffensive to me.

Gandalf
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I don't know if they are the most interesting people, but the ones I would like to know better are Steffi, Venus and Momo.

TonyP
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Let me clarify a couple of points, just for the record.

The question of this thread is who is the most interesting player.

I cited a number of things which I think made Martina Hingis the most interesting, but I thought I also praised several other players, including Navratilova and the Williams sisters.

But in regards to Hingis. Yes, others have already finished their high school education. Hingis hadn't before her retirement and so she went back to school. I think its pretty interesting that a 22-year-old mutli, multi-millionaire would take the time to go back to school, putting herself in a classroom situation like any other student, when she is a huge celebrity in her homeland.

As to show jumping, yes she has been involved with horses since age 11. But since her retirement, she has started taking part in organized competitions and even won a first place in one. It is a highly demanding, very exacting sport. It does not seem to me to be less interesting because of the length of time she's been doing it.

It is hardly "run of the mill." Off hand, I cannot think of another female tennis player seriously involved in equestrain sports since Maureen Connelly in the 1950s.

As to broadcasting, I can only say she appears to be forming a career of sorts in it. She has just been signed by Eurosport to cover the French Open and apparently is in negiations to cover Wimbledon for someone else. Throw in her recent stint for Channel 7 Australia, and you probably do have the makings of an incipient career.

When I say a career of sorts, I don't think she'll ever make it her full time job, because she has so many other interests and activities.

Lastly, as to Martina's charities. Last November Martina visited a children's home in Switzerland that it turns out she has been supporting both financially and emotionally for years with little or no fanfare. This time, she brought one of her horses and told the kids all about the care and feeding so to speak of horses. Most kids love big animals like horses, so I am sure it went over well.

This was no photo op event, because Martina spent almost six hours there that day, meeting with the kids, having lunch with then, taking an acitive part in their holiday festival. How many multi-millionaire worldwide celebrities spend six hours on such a mission? But she has done that kind of thing before.

Back iin 2000, right after Wimbledon, when most tennis players take a week or so off, Martina flew from Switzerland all the way to Bogota, Colombia to tour the slums in that city and lobby for better conditions and medical care for the street kids of Colombia. That the number one player in the world would take four days out of her schedule to fly half way around the world on such a mission was amazing.

Martina also finds the time to actively support the WTA,too. She did attend the number ones ceremony at Staples Center last fall, even though she was also working at the event, so she had other responsibilities there. Others chose not to show their support for the tour.

Those are things that make Martina a fascinating personality in tennis and reasons why there has been a chorus of calls for her return to the sport.

Anyway, all those things in my mind are hardly run of the mill and make Hingis more than just a "horse owner." And Jenn is not an ex-convict, either. To my knowledge, she never served any prison time, but as noted, if she had a minor problem and turned her life around, that is interesting as well.

barmaid
Feb 9th, 2004, 02:58 PM
While most posters have selected various players as their choice of "most interesting"...they have not supplied any backup info of their reasoning "why":confused:

TonyP has given us a marvellous detailed assessment of Martina Hingis's qualifications as to being the "most interesting"...somebody stated that Steffi Graf was "interesting" because of her love life..ahem!:hearts: I think Martina can far surpass that category:kiss: Then there was a poster who evaluated the players by "books or biography" who would be the most fascinating read??
No question, "Martina Hingis" from the first day she "emerged" as a baby of two tennis professionals, to become a child "progidy", to a career filled with record breaking triumphs :hearts: to "heartbreaking" defeats.:sad: her "candid" comments were always "entertaining" :worship: as was her great tennis skills...bottom line...she has them all beat!!:hearts:

barmaid:wavey:

irma
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Martina might have had more lovers then Steffi. In case that Steffi didn't have many one night stands she didn't spoke about, but in Martina's case it was always clear who she was dating. Steffi till Andre always made a mystery about it. Well oke we knew that Michael B was officially her lover, but we never saw them kiss or so. Well except in Steffi the movie hiding behind a pillow;)

If charity(Steffi travelled all around the world for children too), fashion design, love life, art interest, reading, animals (Steffi let herself bite twice all for charity. SamL will love her for that;)), photography are all ways that somebody is the most interesting
then Steffi wins this without a doubt :lol: ;)

I am just fooling around of course
as said in the first post. it's normal that your fav is the most interesting because why would you be a fan otherwise;)

barmaid
Feb 9th, 2004, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=irma]Martina might have had more lovers then Steffi. In case that Steffi didn't have many one night stands she didn't spoke about, but in Martina's case it was always clear who she was dating. Steffi till Andre always made a mystery about it. Well oke we knew that Michael B was officially her lover, but we never saw them kiss or so. Well except in Steffi the movie hiding behind a pillow;)

Irma, And you could put a "robot" in the movie instead of a person....(an unsmiling one at that:p ) Steffi to me had NO personality...was a recluse.....standoffish...but to her credit probably the best tennis player who ever played the game:worship:

barmaid

irma
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Steffi had a great personality. it just had nothing to do with her tennis or pc's. which she hated anyway so why would she give herself. It was not that she ever made a secret about her hate for it.

"I am a tennisplayer, not a clown"

and that's how it should be;)

Anyway when Steffi showed a little bit of her personality. which was just more then oh life is great and I am such a happy camper. Then the german media always used that to make a big drama out of it (by example after aussie open 92 they wrote that she was about to kill herself and she was so depressed and down and all alone on the world) So it was no wonder Steffi thought fuck you I say nothing anymore (and she still tried with real journalists but again the boulevard magazines made it out like she was about to be put in a mental hospital)
the thing is that when you have a melancholic even slightly depressed side then people don't see that as personality. I think that's a shame :o
In this world you always have to be happy, but some people are just different
It's my party and I cry if I want too;)

but I understand that was a different Steffi then Steffi on court so most people who were no fan didn't read those interviews and only saw tennis Steffi and that's why they thought she would die without playing tennis, while the opposite was always clear. (even when she took a different path then she always claimed. No China yet;))

my favorite quote of steffi is:

"I guess I miss a lot of abilities. Maybe even the talent for living, because otherwise I can't concentrate on my game and keep the level I want to keep"

anybody who has such an insight in herself and what she is doing with her life and what tennis was doing to her too must have an incredible personality;)

oh well I am biased of course as I say for the third time;)

bigshow21
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Without a doubt. No questions asked: Jennifer Capriati :)

pisces
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:15 PM
All oF THEM.No one put them there.They work their tails off.

lauramariana
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:27 AM
AMELIE MAURESMO :worship:

Rothes
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:31 AM

1) Defecting from a communist country back whenthat meant maybe never seeing your family again.

2) Coming out of the closet in early 80's, when that would cos her millions (and it did), as wellas meaning threats to her life.

3) Poliitical work for gay rights.

But it's an unfair comparison. Martina's older. She's had more time to do more with her life. I mean, besides Steffi, the next oldest on the list is 24. Which of them has had TIME to do anything?

Amelie Mauresmo - ?

Not a fair comparison.
You also forgot that Martina is one of the spokeswoman for P.E.T.A

sharik
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Who else but Amélie could be the most interesting person? She is absolutely gorgeous, divine, athletic, cute, sweet, smart and intriguing. She even stays polite when pathetic stupid homophobic "persons" attack her on a personal level. So: way to go, Mo! You deserve my vote beyond a doubt, even though I live in a country where people think only two players exist: Kim and Juju. By the way: Kim certainly is a very nice and down-to-earth woman as well, who seems to understand that there's more to life than tennis and enjoys every second of it. So she's number two in my book. Keep on doing your thing, girls! I will be enjoying myself watching you play!!!! ;)

Caoimhe
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Amelie Mauresmo - ?

thats a bit unfair
Amelie wins in my book.

Fantastic
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks saki and starr. :) ;)

Fantastic
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:34 PM
The Top 5 Most Interesting Players (as voted by WTAWorld posters):

1. Martina Hingis - 37 votes
2. Amelie Mauresmo - 36 votes
3. Venus Williams - 29 votes
4. Justine Henin-Hardenne - 26 votes
5. Jennifer Capriati - 25 votes

Kim Clijsters came 6th with 24 votes.
Serena Williams came 7th with 23 votes.

Very close at the top.

Crazy_Fool
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Venus and Momo are pretty interesting to listen to....

Greenout
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Who else but Amélie could be the most interesting person? She is absolutely gorgeous, divine, athletic, cute, sweet, smart and intriguing. She even stays polite when pathetic stupid homophobic "persons" attack her on a personal level. So: way to go, Mo! You deserve my vote beyond a doubt, even though I live in a country where people think only two players exist: Kim and Juju. By the way: Kim certainly is a very nice and down-to-earth woman as well, who seems to understand that there's more to life than tennis and enjoys every second of it. So she's number two in my book. Keep on doing your thing, girls! I will be enjoying myself watching you play!!!! ;)

Well..I voted for Amelie over Justine because she's so aware about
politics and the world outside of tennis.

TonyP
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:44 PM
To make someone interesting, don't you have to list some of the things they actually do or have done aside from their tennis accomplishments?

Crazy_Fool
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:50 PM
To make someone interesting, don't you have to list some of the things they actually do or have done aside from their tennis accomplishments?
Erm, no, although that is part of it, you should listen to them. Just because it doesnt look like Mauresmo or say, Capriati dont do anything outside the tennis world, doesnt mean they are not interesting. Venus is easily the most interesting to listen to....

Serendy Willick
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:48 PM
You also forgot that Martina is one of the spokeswoman for P.E.T.A
Good, maybe she can tell her radical friends to lay off Serena and jump on "chronic fur collectors and wearers" Lil Kim and Puffy:rolleyes:

starr
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Well, and the other thing about Martina is that she just makes me laugh! She has the ability to see the ridiculous and be surprising. I like that.

She's also grown up a lot too.

Frankly it would be interesting to have candid and forthright conversations with any of them.

mauresmofan
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I think if you were to go out on a night out with any of them - Amélie would probably end up being the most down to earth and fun player to go out with. I think Kim would be good fun too - not too sure about the others although Venus seems good fun too from what i've seen and read.

RoddickPride
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Jennifer!!!!