PDA

View Full Version : Capriati fans-lets ignore Trudi and celebrate Jen

Rollo
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Let threads like that get the "no response" death they deserve.
A response is what "Trudi" wants.

I'd much rather celebrate what Capriati has accomplished the last 3 years. She's picked herself up and keeps on rolling--I can't wait to see her and Venus match up this year, and I'd dearly love for Jen to get Venus on clay!

Snappy Cappy makes me happy:cool:

veryborednow
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Snappy Cappy :) lol

I answered :o shall I go delete it ?

Anyways ... GO JEN!!

http://www.itftennis.com/assets/images/rg2001/Capriati-24par-(2).jpg

the_ancyent_marinere
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:07 AM
:bounce: Jenny is the best! There´s nothing less to it!:bounce:

Jakeev
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Opps sorry rollo I just saw this post and unfortunately I gave that moron my 25 cents. Oh well:mad:

the_ancyent_marinere
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:11 PM
I see what u mean 'keev, oops#2;)

gogetter
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:25 PM
As Jon Wertheim said in February's Sports Illustrated:

" When she steps onto the court, Capriati contracts a case of what Aussies call 'white-line fever', sublimating her usual affable personality and turning into a fire-breathing dragon."

It is absolutely her on-court personality, her aggression that makes me such a fan of Jen! This is a SPORT after all, I like people who give it all they've got. If this means passionnate, strong emotions that get out of control once in a while, it's part of the package for a fan like me.

angele87
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Rollo
Let threads like that get the "no response" death they deserve.
A response is what "Trudi" wants.

I'd much rather celebrate what Capriati has accomplished the last 3 years. She's picked herself up and keeps on rolling--I can't wait to see her and Venus match up this year, and I'd dearly love for Jen to get Venus on clay!

Snappy Cappy makes me happy:cool:

Can't you respect that not everybody likes Jennifer?

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Seeing that I like a whole lot of you JCap fans, I don't think I'll be contributing to the Trudy thread.:angel:

theultimateone
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Until Capriati's fans ACKNOWLEDGE her problems/flaws, she will NEVER be the player or person she can be. By skirting the issues surrounding Capriati's psychological problems, neither the media nor her fans are doing her justice by accepting her OUTRAGEOUS behavior. There are many players playing with the same passion and commitment as Capriati, but are not acting like LUNATICS just having escaped an insane asylum. Sorry, but the girl has some real personal issues.

A4
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Sorry, guys. I'm a Capriati fan too and her on court stuff doesn't bother me at all. But I find myself liking Trudy too, at least, her style of writing (second post was rather hilarious). Don't really care for her views though, but I think creating a thread asking others not to respond to her simply because she's seen as bashing a favorite isn't exactly the stuff that makes tennis boards interesting.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:07 PM
angele87 - Can't you respect that some people DO like jenn and stay out of threads meant to appreciate her? There is a perfectly nasty thread down the page somewhere to spread your venom about Jenn - this isn't it!

\I contributed to the Trudy thread- i couldn't help myself.

But I'll stop :D lol

Good of you Rollo - I should practive restraint more often!

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:12 PM
I agree A4. I admit that Trudy has spunk, and she shouldn't be attacked for expressing her opinion or asking a question.

I just choose not to attack Jenn since 1) I've already done so, and 2) it's seems we've collectively gone overboard with it.

Bright Red
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Becca
I contributed to the Trudy thread- i couldn't help myself.

LOL @ Becca. You'd better calm down or else you'll give yourself a heart attack.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Well I'm a hypocrit and keep doing it.
Appologies.

no worries Bright Red - i'll make it okay. No heart attacks for me today.

To be honest I kind of enjoy arguing with people who have a lot of built up anger, because watching them fumble around stupidly is rather amusing. Only for a few moments then its gets boring...

Anyhow - I know Jenn can be irritating on court. But i admire her never say die attitude, and recognize that under all that she has a very warm heart :)

Her competitive spirit can be a little scary ;) but that gives me no right to judge her.

shirley
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Jennifer is a cool person, top player and an inspiration. With Lindsay out injured (to God knows when!) Jennifer is my favourite player and I throw all my support behind her. So what if she shows emotion on court. I like it when players show emotion, it means they're not robots.

Jennifer in Paris

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1380000/images/_1380081_trphiesap.300.jpg

Jennifer in Australia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1135000/images/_1139497_trophys_300.jpg

Kart
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:33 PM
'Snappy Cappy makes me happy'

LOL @ Rollo :):)

I missed Jen's on-court antics in OZ so I have nothing really to say about them, but I have only ever really seen Jennifer act with respect towards other players most of the rest of the time and I respect her for that :).

Randy H
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:02 PM
I love Snappy Cappy too :)

Yes, she may be a bit of a dragon on court at times, but when it's all said and done, she's a nice person, very friendly, and one of the most approachable tennis players I've ever encountered :)

jrj
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:38 PM
I had to throw a certain piece of thrash in that thread away but I plan to stay away from it now unless needed.

Shane54
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Well I can understand that Capriati sometimes does not behave well on the court at times. Big deal. People sometimes forget what she did for Darren the cancer patient or acknowledging Corinna. Jenn fans there will always be haters on this board. We have to understand the AWESOME things Jenn has done on the court. Some people can't accept that and will go to all lengths to discredit her. They are the ones with the problems. Let Trudi vent her feelings, if it makes her feel better to trash someone else who has accomplished more than she will ever do in her life, then let her...Jealousy is an ugly thing.....

JENN WE LOVE YOU!!!

veryborednow
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Im telling you people now. We should be doing this in Jenn Denn which is depressingly sparce of threads as opposed to many of the other player forums ....

Go JEN!!

Rollo
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Angele-

I wasn't trying to deny Trudy a right to her opinion as much as alerting Jen fans not to fall for what seems to me to be a thread baiting us.

I can EASILY see someone not liking Jen-or anyone else for that matter. All too often though, when a "junior" poster comes out with an "attack" thread, it's really a senior poster in disguise trying to stir up trouble. If this were the day after the Aussie final-fine, but bringing this up at this time would be just as uncalled for as threads on Hingis' bad behavior at the French in 1999 or Richard Williams' many past hijinks.

So rather than return an attack with an attack on Trudy, I thought a celebration thread was more in order:cool:

Jakeev
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:16 PM
To respond to angele87 look I am not a fan of Martina Hingis. But you will not nor have ever seen me diss her just because I don't like her game.

THAT WOULD BE DISRESPECT. Thus far many non JenCap fans have been very disrespectful and only a few nonfans I can say I appreciate their opinions.

angele87
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Becca
angele87 - Can't you respect that some people DO like jenn and stay out of threads meant to appreciate her? There is a perfectly nasty thread down the page somewhere to spread your venom about Jenn - this isn't it!

\I contributed to the Trudy thread- i couldn't help myself.

Good of you Rollo - I should practive restraint more often!

Yeah I can respect that... that's why i won't start a thread with the name ..... let's ignore Rollo.... that would kinda be disrespectful just beacause i don't agree with him or her... don't ya think!?!?

Crazy Canuck
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:27 AM
angele87 - I understand your point.

i just have a hard time respecting a poster who comes on the board right away and starts being negative, like Trudy did.
From now on, I'm always going to remember that, and likely not pay much attention to that poster.

So I don't blame Rollo a bit.

Ah well...

When does jenn come back, anyone? Scotsdale?

Rollo
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Scottsdale it is Becca-and you "said it better" than I did. Thanks:)

Did you catch Sale and Pelletier getting their gold tonight?

Oh Canada.........................

Sal U. Lite
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:39 AM
It looks like "Trudy" showed her true colors in her 2nd post. And some people actually bought that crap in her 1st post. :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough about her.

GO JENNIFER! I like Jennifer's feistiness. I like all the AMERICAN GIRLS! Miss Jennifer, Miss Venus, Miss Lindsay, Miss Serena, Miss Monica, and all the rest!

:bounce:

Lola
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:20 AM
JENNIFER FOREVER!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: