PDA

View Full Version : what does this say about Elena Dementieva?

Fingon
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Lindsay Davenport beat Jelena Dokic 6-1 6-0

Jelena Dokic beat Tatiana Panova 6-1 6-1

Tatiana Panova beat Elena Dementieva 7-6 6-3

I like Elena but seriously, she hasn't won a match this year, what the fuck is she doing?

IIOoIaMaGirLoOII
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:30 AM
she's always been a slow starter during the beginning of the season..

E. Blackadder
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM
The scores doesn't say anyhting about Elena. Davenports/Dokics game might have suited her much better than Panova's

Dava
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Its also hard, cos it was an all russian meetings. There always weird matches. BUt I am dissapointed with how she is playing this season, Panova is forgivable its people like Jankovic which i am dissapointed with her for.

Greenout
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Its also hard, cos it was an all russian meetings. There always weird matches. BUt I am dissapointed with how she is playing this season, Panova is forgivable its people like Jankovic which i am dissapointed with her for.

I didn't know what to think until I watched the HK Watson's water
exhibition delayed telecast on TV. Elena -vs- Maria. ED wasn't
into the match at all. Remember when she said that during Christmas
and New Year's break she didn't practice and just spent the holidays
doing things with her family. Well...it's obviously true. Hasn't
practiced or trained at all! I think she went from doing nothing
and did the AO 2004. It's not surprising that her form is as bad
as Venus's!!!!!!!

Give her time to practice and get back into the swing of things.
It looks to be that the only match tough and fit players were the
few that did well during the tournaments so far.

I promise you that we'll see a huge turn around for everybody
during the latter stages of the year.

GoDominique
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know how many DF's she had vs. Panova ?

bis2806
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:33 AM
it shows that lindsay is x100000 better than dementieva

tennnisfannn
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:39 AM
during the AO, Hingis mentioned that she thought Capriati had the worst ball toss although she managed to get away with it to which McEnroe remarked that Elena who had been plaing playing on Margaret Cout arena would have her ball toss all the way in Vodafone arena. http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_101.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Filadidas
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Elena did alright in Sydney at the beginning of the season..... but in AO it was a shocker.. I've actually watched her played in the 1st round live at Vodafone Arena on that day.... Her serve was definitely off.... particularly on the crucial points (at least twice on break points down) she just threw a double fault as a gift for her opponent... :o

Besides her serving technique, lack of consistency is Elena's another biggest weakness... Her determination in tennis doesn't seem like to be as strong as her fellow Russians like Anastasia, Nadia and Vera!!!!! It seems to me like Elena is happy with her ranking now or something.....

Douggie
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:48 AM
She might go better later on :)

Experimentee
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM
It says Elena sucks. Tatiana wasnt even playing that well according to those who watched the tournament. I think Elena D was also bagelled by Ansley Cargill at Sydney :rolleyes:

bandabou
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
If you can´t serve.......tennis-matches start there.

GoDominique
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:00 PM
The serving problems are mainly mental IMO. You can bet on Elena serving a DF everytime she's break-point down.

canoe.
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:09 PM
:o It seems to me like Elena is happy with her ranking now or something.....
Yes...and alot of other players seem to fall into this category,as well.Wake me up when the "PROS"start to play.If there are any?Many of them seem content to be mediocre.

*JR*
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Fingon, a>b>c logic in sports often fails due to variations of style. (Le Placid Parisian :hearts: has a lifetime 9-0 h2h vs. Meghann, So Should decimate anyone Shaughnnessy Shackles if that "worked"). Or in boxing, Joe Frazier had all close bouts with Muhammad Ali (3 times). Ali dominated Foreman (1 fight). But Big George clobbered Smokin' Joe both Times They met. Go figure. ;)