Feb 7th, 2004, 03:46 AM
WTF ur kidding rite

esquímaux
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:47 AM
She got a walkover because Chanda withdrew.:eek:
NO! :sobbing: NO! :crying2: no :sad:

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:48 AM
This is getting ridiculous. Poor Chanda, though. She's such a lovely player to watch.

lizchris
WTF ur kidding riteI wish I was:

Tennis-Rubin latest injury at Pan Pacific Open

TOKYO, Feb 7 (Reuters) - American Chanda Rubin became the latest injury casualty at the Pan Pacific Open on Saturday when she pulled out of the tournament before her semi-final against Bulgaria's Magdalena Maleeva with a knee injury.

Rubin had advanced to the last four following top seed Venus Williams' withdrawal ahead of their quarter-final on Friday complaining of a muscle strain in her right leg.

"I aggravated a knee injury in my first-round match and today, unfortunately, it was serious enough not to play," said fifth seed Rubin, who has twice had surgery on the same left knee.

"I definitely felt the extra day would give me great chance to play. But I'm taking it seriously enough to make sure I take care of it now, so it doesn't become a bigger problem."

Tournament organisers have already come under fire after part of a temporary stand gave way, causing a female spectator to fall four metres on Thursday. She was taken to hospital but later released with minor injuries.

02/06/04 23:42 ET

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited

LindsayRocks89
are you guys sure?

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Oh Shithole

MaRKy MaRk
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
I feel sorry for the people who bought tickets. First, Lindsay crushes Jelena then the second match doesn't even happen.

Get well soon Chanda!

Good luck Lindsay in the final!

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Holy crap!! :o

jujubee#1fan
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:51 AM
OMFG...:sad: :bigcry:

Rtael
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:52 AM
*cough* Go Maleeva!

Leo_DFP
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Holy shit! :eek: I've never seen this situation before when one player withdraws (Venus) to another player, who ends up withdrawing in the next round (Chanda)! Well, someone did note that Chanda's knee was heavily taped and didn't look good, so I guess this isn't a major surprise, just a major disappointment.

Just 13 games played in the semifinal round.
And only 44 games played in the quarterfinal round.

The Tokyo crowd should get their money back. :o

esquímaux
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:00 AM
...Well, someone did note that Chanda's knee was heavily taped and didn't look good, so I guess this isn't a major surprise, just a major disappointment.

Just 13 games played in the semifinal round.
And only 44 games played in the quarterfinal round.

The Tokyo crowd should get their money back. :o
That would be me:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=102084

When I saw that pic, I just knew something wasn't right....so surprise, surprise...

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:19 AM
has there even been a match in which both players withdrew, i mean... before their match...

ghosts
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Good luck in the final, Maggie :bounce: :woohoo: :yippee: :kiss: :hearts:

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:45 AM
has there even been a match in which both players withdrew, i mean... before their match...

No. Becuase whoever withdrew first moves the other player through. You can never have no winner.

Doraemon
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Has any player got back-to-back walk-overs?

gosistaz
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:09 AM
No. Becuase whoever withdrew first moves the other player through. You can never have no winner.

So ... Chanda played pullout-poker?