PDA

View Full Version : (2) Davenport crushes (7) Dokic 6-1 6-0

Andrew.
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Dang! Lindsay is kicking Dokic while she's down! Relentless!

lizchris
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:46 AM
So it will be a Davenport/Maleeva final.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Great Win Lindsay, good luck aganist maggie in the finals and in the doubles semis

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Lindsay is on fire this year, apart from being a bit lacklustre against Juju in the AO.

LUIS9
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Are you kidding me? Wow she spanked, wooped and sweeped the court with Dokic didnt she, was Dokic playing horribly or was it mainly Lindsay's superior play? I suppose the latter or a combination of both, i guess Dav has too much pace and power for Jelena. I mean going from a bread stick domination of a much lesser player to getting a bagel and a stick in the next round thats some big difference in play wow! By way do they have live scoring on the site for tokyo? or are people watching it live on tv?

Leo_DFP
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Rematch of the Moscow 2002 final, which Lindsay choked. This time she better close it out and get over these fucking final problems.

Crush her ruthlessly, Linds, just like you've done to the entire field this week! :bounce:

Rtael
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Rematch of the Moscow 2002 final, which Lindsay choked. This time she better close it out and get over these fucking final problems.

Crush her ruthlessly, Linds, just like you've done to the entire field this week! :bounce:
:haha: Very funny. Seriously, though, Maleeva will kick Lindsay's ass. Really badly. I expect 6-0 6-2 for Maleeva.

~RedRose~
Feb 7th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Davenport - `"If I serve well and hit a good first groundstroke it's very effective on this surface. I think Jelena was hurt today and that's unfortunate for the fans, but I just tried to play my game.''

Doraemon
Feb 7th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Hopefully we're gonna have a great final to save the tournament from disaster.

GoSandrine
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Lindsay!!! :banana: :woohoo: :yippee:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:59 AM
I SAW the match; Jelena was either in tank mode or badly injured. Davenport hit like 10+++ return winners! And 10 aces! It's not like she was playing awesome, Dokic couldn't move!

Dokic managed to score a game to love with 4 amazing winners, and that was it. She did score a few amazing points, including a dropshot followed by a great lob over Davenport, but overall she didn't care or was too injured to win games. Her serve was complete shit on the 140 kph and she kept serving to Davenport's fh like she just wanted to get killed. I think she did want to get killed :rolleyes:

And Davenport started complaining at the umpire when it was like 4-0 in the 2nd, because of a Dokic winner she thought was out, and because of a 1st serve she thought she deserved earlier in the game. "What are you doing up there" or something, in bitch mode. Dokic was like WHATEVER and laughing :unsure:

SerialKiller#69
Feb 7th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Lindsay will win 6-2 6-1. What a big yawn.

Dava
Feb 7th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Werll I hope Jelena is ok, I hope that if she has an injury that it is not so bad, and doesnt keep her out for too long.

I think its a horrible ending to that what has been a good tournament for her, I hope its nothing to serious.

bis2806
Feb 7th, 2004, 09:08 AM
told ya Davey would crush dokic just like she did against dani..... anyways, i think davey is too powerful for dokic and it's now time for her to kill maleeva!!!

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 7th, 2004, 09:13 AM
from eurosport.com
------------------------------------
Dokic had lost all eight previous meetings with Davenport and the 20-year-old only competed after hearing that the first semi-final had been called off.

"With the other match being defaulted, it wouldn't be good for the tournament if both semi-finals had not been played. I tried a few games, as much as I could," said Dokic, who skipped last month's Australian Open for the third year running.

"I'm happy the injury is no worse. It's not a tear or anything, it's just a strain. Hopefully, if I can have two or three days without playing, it will get better."

Several players have complained about the wear and tear on their bodies from the indoor carpet in Tokyo, including Dokic, Davenport and Williams.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She just played because those Tokyo organizers begged

Rub
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:14 AM
oh well... this is gonna be lindsay's first title for the year

crazillo
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Well, donīt underestimate Maleeva. I am not sure Lindsay wil win 6-2, 6-2. I think it will be a three-setter for Lindsay.

vutt
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah, go Lindsay, it's your's now...

Douggie
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Lindsay :eek:

Beat
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:16 PM
viva la lindsay!

bandabou
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Hmm....I guess Lindsayīs a tough opponent to play against when youīre injured. Unless your name is Justine, of course....;)

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Davenport is playing well and it's going to win this but don't get carried away! She played a Dokic who couldn't move

~RedRose~
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:28 PM
a little report from me :) Just finished watching it from Eurosport :)

Jelena you could tell was injured from the start ..... She was shaking her foot a little and u could tell it was bothering her (i think it was the left (?)). Jelena lost the first game to love and lindsay then held comfotably. Jelena then served and hit some really good winners and held to love. Lindsay then had break points against her in the next game but she held on and then her domination took off. Jelena did have some chances and did hit some good shots. Alot of the games were Dueces or 40-30 (not alot of love games, i think only 2 for Lindsay) but the points were usually very short. Alot of the points resulted from return winners from Lindsay due to the fact Jelena's serve was a bit short (from her injury) and she wasn't going to risk further injury attemping to go for some of Lindsay's returns. I don't think Jelena played THAT bad .... sure she was far from her best but she was hitting the ball quite well, especially when it came into perfect hitting range. Her movement today was really horendous due to the injury and the serving was off too. Despite this .... She could've had a chance against some of the less hard hitting players but against Lindsay ... NO WAY!.
Lindsay was SPOT ON! She was hitting winners left right and center. SOme Jelena should've attempted to run for but either way she would'nt hav got much raquet on them if any at all they were that good. Lindsay's serve was really on today which i think helped her alot, she hit about 10 aces and seemed to be able to serve wherever she wanted with ease. There was one game i think at 0-4 in the second where Lindsay serve went off and Jelena hit some return winners, she did manage to crawl out of there and save 4 break points though. so i think that serving well today really helped her.
In conclusion I think Lindsay is playing fantastic at the moment and should probably win the final with ease. Jelena on the other hand has nothing to feel bad about, a fantastic first week and even though she wasnt running that well, u could tell she was hitting the ball pretty well and when she gets fully fit and healthy should return to the top ten soon :)

bis2806
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:29 PM
maybe dokic refused to move :lol:

jenny161185
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:40 PM
well done Lindsay Dont retire! - take this title for the fourth time :)

Joana
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Lindsay :banana: :yeah:
Please don't choke away the final now! Pleeeease!!! :bounce:

Andrew.
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Yay. Lindsay was in a bitchy mood today. :D She's always funny that way.

St.Sebastian
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Lindsay :woohoo:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Yay. Lindsay was in a bitchy mood today. :D She's always funny that way.
:lol: That's true! She's so sweet when she wants to but had these moods on court once in a while. She walks on the court and you know the opponent will be rolling off the court in about 50 minutes :lol:

JackFrost
Feb 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Shit. Poor Jelena. Canīt Lindsay just go to the ATP tour?
Itīs not fair to let that 1,90 meter giant play against normal girls. :fiery:

*sorry, i`m just in a bad mood today*

Havok
Feb 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
oh well... this is gonna be lindsay's first title for the yearand it'll probably be her only one of the year, just like 2003 :lol:
j/k;)

Diya
Feb 7th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Now thats just ruthless :eek:

Leo_DFP
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:00 PM
and it'll probably be her only one of the year, just like 2003 :lol:
j/k;)
*smacks*

;)