PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why Venus ...

GoDominique
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:36 PM
... allegedly claimed to be fine after her 2nd round match in Tokyo. :confused:

From WTA site:
Williams, who was upset in the third round in Melbourne by compatriot Lisa Raymond, confirmed she is fully fit and looking forward to her quarterfinal clash with another American, Chanda Rubin.
"I'm not even thinking about my stomach muscle, it's past that stage."

WTA lied or ... ?

CC
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Le leg ... le leg.

Brαm
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Maybe the pain started the next day?

Infiniti2001
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:43 PM
I don't understand why you needed a special thread for this. There are about 3 other threads concerning her withdrawal :rolleyes:

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:45 PM
... allegedly claimed to be fine after her 2nd round match in Tokyo. :confused:

From WTA site:
Williams, who was upset in the third round in Melbourne by compatriot Lisa Raymond, confirmed she is fully fit and looking forward to her quarterfinal clash with another American, Chanda Rubin.
"I'm not even thinking about my stomach muscle, it's past that stage."

WTA lied or ... ?

The WTA lied???

Maybe it's an injury she just didn't want to disclose at the time. Or maybe it occurred after her first match.

GoDominique
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I don't understand why you needed a special thread for this. There are about 3 other threads concerning her withdrawal :rolleyes:
Because I'm an attention-seeker !? :p

It's just strange because Venus says it's the injury from the Australian Open so why should she claim to be 100% ? So maybe WTA made that up.

7~LV3
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
well... she was about to talk about her feet and her injury... but... she stopped and just congratulated Lisa. Maybe she was playing fine during her practices, but when she started to play competitively, it suddenly flare up again or something..

GoDominique
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
And IF WTA made that up then I'm really p*ssed because I put quite a few € on Venus winning the tournament. :fiery: