PDA

View Full Version : "Synchronize with home page" message?

Halardfan
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Again this might relate to WTA World, but I was recently surfing the internet and this site was one of two I was on at the time...so maybe it does...

Clicking off pop-ups often becomes almost automatic, but I think I might have accidently clicked one while surfing this site...I caught a glimpse of the words "Synchonize with home page" or something like that, I accidently clicked it...then it said the process was complete...

Anyone have a clue what the message could have meant, or what Ive inadventantly downloaded?

c0bra
Feb 7th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Try clicking your browsers home page button. I'll bet that was changed to point to the advertisers site. It's easily updated with your favorite website by clicking internet options within your browser and typing in www.wtaworld.com, or whatever site happens to be your personal favorite.

Halardfan
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

My home page still seems the same though...I wondered if "Synchronize with home page" could have something to do with the time, the clock...why might a pop-up do that?

Its frustrating, it did its work in a matter of 3 or 4 seonds, by the time I knew Id clicked it it was done!

Of course it could be enitrely innocent, or relatively unimporant, but with all the viruses and the rest out there, Im at the height of my neurotic powers.