PDA

View Full Version : Serena sits down with Jordan, Jeter, Sapp, & R. Jones Jr.

geoepee
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:42 PM
On February 13th, at 9 pm on ESPN, there's going to be a
show called "All Exclusive with Ahmad Rashad"

Ahmad Rashad will host a roundtable discussion with Michael Jordan, Serena Williams, Derek Jeter, Roy Jones Jr. and Warren Sapp.

I saw the commercial for it on ESPN today and I thought I should post about it here.

Looking forawrd to seeing it. :)

Cariaoke
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:45 PM
ooh that's next Friday! thanks so much for telling us! they'll all be making googily eyes at her! :lol: :hearts:

7~LV3
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I guess that they would be interviewing her while shes in France ???

anyways.. oooh.. Lucky Friday da 13th...

SJW
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
OMG i hate anyone who gets to see this :fiery:

Mr. Man
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:32 PM
I saw the preview while I was watching The Davis Cup 1st round. ohhh damn, Serena looks hoooottt! :drool:

geoepee
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:09 PM
mini-bump :)

G_Slammed
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:15 PM
BUMPING the bump

Question-

Why do you guys think that Rena is the only sportswoman in attendance at this discussion??

Ted of Teds Tennis
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:43 PM
G_Slammed:

What other female athletes from other sports are hyped by ESPN and native speakers of English?

If this were really about sports, they would have gotten somebody other than Warren Crapp to represent football. I find it interesting that all of the others are arguably the top players in their respective sports, but Crapp has been playing badly for two years now -- yet he keeps getting hyped because he's got a big mouth.

I know I won't be watching this simply because of Crapp's presence.

Hulet
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
BUMPING the bump

Question-

Why do you guys think that Rena is the only sportswoman in attendance at this discussion??
May be she is the only one who accepted. Other might have chosen to practice instead of showing their face for every available camera.

It's interesting to note that,except for Serena and Roy Jones, all the other panelists are either retired or are enjoying the offseason of their respective sports.

Ballbuster
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Its more about RACE. There are no white people and for good reason. Its about colored people at the top of their game in professional sports.

I'll be tuned in. Its About time something good is coming on.

Black Mamba.
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:27 PM
G_Slammed:

What other female athletes from other sports are hyped by ESPN and native speakers of English?

If this were really about sports, they would have gotten somebody other than Warren Crapp to represent football. I find it interesting that all of the others are arguably the top players in their respective sports, but Crapp has been playing badly for two years now -- yet he keeps getting hyped because he's got a big mouth.

I know I won't be watching this simply because of Crapp's presence.

Your right, but I think they're just talking to nike and Team Jordan athletes. For example, Jordan, Sapp, Jeter, and Roy Jones jr. are all team Jordan athletes and Serena is with Nike now. I know I may be wrong , but this seems to be the logical pattern.

harloo
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:54 PM
May be she is the only one who accepted. Other might have chosen to practice instead of showing their face for every available camera.

It's interesting to note that,except for Serena and Roy Jones, all the other panelists are either retired or are enjoying the offseason of their respective sports.ESPN wants to interview a sportswoman and they don't accept? PLEASE!!!

Rena was chosen because regardless of what anyone says she is the most famous woman in sports right now. Do you really think they were going to get Lisa Leslie or anyone else besides the best?

She was chosen for a reason, so good for her. I think this is an interesting panel and Serena will represent women in sports very well. Their is no reason to hate on her because everyone else were not chosen.:rolleyes:

pisces
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Right on harloo, some people just like to hate.Plus you suppose to take care of your United States player"s.FIRST!.