PDA

View Full Version : Amelie out of Paris

great smash
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:45 PM
found this to go with her picture on yahoo

view image (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=afp-tennis_fra_mauresmo&prov=afp) French tennis ace Amelie Mauresmo, seen here announcing her pull out of the Australian Open semi-finals, has pulled out of the WTA Paris Open while still ailing from a shoulder injury.

Poor girl :sad:

Linnie
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:57 PM
found this to go with her picture on yahoo

view image (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=afp-tennis_fra_mauresmo&prov=afp) French tennis ace Amelie Mauresmo, seen here announcing her pull out of the Australian Open semi-finals, has pulled out of the WTA Paris Open while still ailing from a shoulder injury.

Poor girl :sad:Shoulder injury :rolleyes: I love it when they get their facts straight :rolleyes:

:sad: Get well soon, Momo :)

lizchris
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Updated: 12:29 PM EST
Mauresmo Bows Out of Paris Open With Back Injury

PARIS (Feb. 6) -- Frenchwoman Amelie Mauresmo has withdrawn from next week's Paris Open as she has failed to recover from a back injury, organizers said on Friday.

"After the injury she sustained at the Australian Open, Amelie Mauresmo won't take part in the Paris tournament," organizers said in a statement.
A torn back muscle forced world No. 3 Mauresmo to withdraw from her quarterfinal match against Colombian Fabiola Zuluaga at Melbourne Park last month.

She will be replaced in the Paris draw by Switzerland's Patty Schnyder.

France's Stephanie Cohen Aloro and former Wimbledon semifinalist Alexandra Stevenson have been handed wild cards for the event, which starts Monday.

French teenage sensation Tatiana Golovin had been rewarded for her run to the last 16 of the Australian Open with the first wild card of the tournament.

02/06/04 11:54 ET

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited

It was reported before on this board that if she wihtdrew from Paris, then she would not play Antwerp.

I hope she gets better soon. It seems like most of the top players are injured and the tour isn't the same without them..

JennyS
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM
These injuries are very unfortunate. Amelie could wind up being out for a while (wouldn't be suprised to see her sit out until the claycourt season).

lizchris
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
These injuries are very unfortunate. Amelie could wind up being out for a while (wouldn't be suprised to see her sit out until the claycourt season).
I was thinking she would be out until Indian Wells or at the latest Miami, but you might be right.

Havok
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:28 PM
so does this mean Dokic is in??? she was next in for the main draw, and now that Amelie has pulled out, that mean's Jelena's in right?

S-T-E-V-E
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Stevenson got a wildcard? Thaz's a joke....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lizchris
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:30 PM
so does this mean Dokic is in??? she was next in for the main draw, and now that Amelie has pulled out, that mean's Jelena's in right?
Patty Schnyder takes Amelie's spot according to the article I posted.

S-T-E-V-E
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Patty Schnyder takes Amelie's spot according to the article I posted.
Schnyder, Dokic and Maleeva are Maindraw only, and there was an error in the commitments so Schnyder got the Maindraw place....if anyone withdraw, Dokic will get the next place...

Linnie
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:39 PM
so does this mean Dokic is in??? she was next in for the main draw, and now that Amelie has pulled out, that mean's Jelena's in right?Patty Schnyder's in.

http://www.sport24.com/filinfo/filinfo_light.asp?SUPPORT=3&ID=87986&SP=3

06/02 19:24 - Tennis, Open Gaz de France - Mauresmo Withdraws

Amélie Mauresmo will not take part in Open Gaz de France next week. The finalist of the edition 2003 did not recover from her contracted wound to the Australian Open.
The n° 1 Frenchwoman passed from the examinations, Friday, to know if she could take part in Open Gaz de France. The intercostal tear which forced her to abandon Australian Open is not completely reabsorbed. Amélie could make her return at the time of the tournament of Antwerp as from February 16.

AjdeNate!
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Stevenson? :rolleyes:

jimbo mack
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:23 PM
poor amelie :sad:

talk about being injury prone!!

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I didn't expect her to take part, since she was talking in terms of several weeks to recover from the injury when she sustained it only a week or two ago (it already seems much longer than that). It's still a blow. For a start, there's all those points she won't be able to defend.

But I'd rather she not come back until she's fully recovered, rather than risk worsening the injury.

Get well soon, Momo.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:48 PM
i cant believe alex got a wild card :lol: