PDA

View Full Version : Kournikova to appear at KSJ again

~SunFlower~
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Kournikova to appear at KSJ again
By The Commercial Appeal
February 6, 2004

Twenty-two-year-old Russian Anna Kournikova, who put women's professional tennis on the back burner last year because of recurring back injuries, is coming back to the Kroger St. Jude and Cellular South Cup at The Racquet Club.

Tournament owner Mac Winker said Thursday that Kournikova, who made an appearance last year to present a check to St. Jude, will appear at The Racquet Club Feb. 16 during this year's tournament. She'll again present a check to St. Jude and is scheduled to sign autographs.

Winker also said Thursday that rising Russian teenager Maria Sharapova, who won two events last year, will play the night session Feb. 16. He also said that American teenager Ashley Harkleroad has entered the women's event and that he's hoping Chanda Rubin, who finished the year in the top 10, will accept a wild card.

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:09 PM

esquímaux
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Take it Chanda :D

Professional_Pro
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:16 PM
event organizers say a lot of things, so not really having a lot of hope.......
still hoping it's true though:)

mboyle
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I thought Anna didn't retire?

Philip
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:35 PM
aww. so shes not playing :(

PointBlank
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Ashley is coming and maybe Chanda :woohoo: I get to have fun this year :)

Anna was mean last year she signed 0 autos. :(

azza
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:48 PM
:rolls:

esquímaux
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM
well if she signed "0" autographs and didn't play, then wtf is she doing there

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Anna was donating money to charity. Hopefully, when celebrities donate publicly, it reminds everyone that there are people much less fortunate than we are.

AleOrtu
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:59 PM
So......... ¿Is Kournikova going to play this tournament, or just take some pictures? :scratch:

Meesh
Feb 7th, 2004, 05:34 PM
She isn't going to play, just donate money to a worthy cause. I think the last info from Anna was that she would start playing in the summer.

John Inverdale
Feb 7th, 2004, 05:46 PM
As long as she's at Wimbledon.

Kornikova Korner's been sorely lacking in chauevnistic crap since she retired.