PDA

View Full Version : Williams Sisters.. I've lost patience

venusfan
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Okay, I will finally admit it; At this point a year ago, I was a devoted fan of the Williams sisters and now a year later that lust is gone. Venus injured and out for 6 freaking months, come back and the very 1st freaking tournament she claimed to be injured then the following tournament she withdraws. This is really pathetic and I just cant deal with it anymore. The same thing with Serena, she's been out for 7 months. Are they so damb delicate that soon as a splinter gets in their foot they have to pull up lame. These two are probably the biggest babies I've ever seen in professional sport. The hell, Henin plays with 10 freaking blisters on her foot. Pending there next tournament, I may have to retire my screename. Too bad I have no one in Tennis to look forward to since Seles is not in sight and I just cant stand the Belgians.

Cariaoke
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:30 PM
you're a doctor? :eek: :eek:

what does that have to do with the Williamses...? :shrug:

Cariaoke
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
I know! it's not their fault you have all those malpractice suits pending... :scratch:

SJW
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
oh SHIT! :tape:

first of all it's patience

second of all, i doubt they give a fuck what you, or anybody else thinks. they're not gonna get crippled playing to make fake fans like you happy :)

Cariaoke
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:36 PM
thanks four giving the spelling lesson, babe. :tape:

venusfan
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:36 PM
My bad.. anyway, they are cry babies

SJW
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:37 PM
stop it! we are knot going there again baby!

oh shit :(

Cariaoke
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:38 PM
omg, whatever! you no you love it! :lol:

RAA
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:40 PM
well it is frustrating.. I agree. I couldn't believe it when I read she w/d from toyko.
but there is not much to do about it. some players are injury prone and some aren't but it does seem like all top players go through a stretch that they are injured a lot.

sigh..

Experimentee
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:42 PM
LOL I thought they were a doctor too and somehow lost patients! :lol:

If you would rather see them playing hurt then I'm glad you arent going to be a fan anymore, because they dont need "fans" like you. If you have no one else to follow then you werent even a tennis fan in the first place.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Pease!, Venus fan! Your exhibiting stereotypical hater behavior.

If she has bad luck with injuries then there is nothing you can do.

Sam L
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:46 PM
:haha:

Williams sisters driving away patients, what'll they get up to next? :devil:

On a more serious note, it's frustrating, but you just have to stick with it. Maybe take the time to just enjoy the tennis with a variety of other players. Who knows, maybe you'll start liking someone else more? Because, eventually the sisters will retire from the sport anyway. Better to like the sport than some specific players.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:57 PM
I lost a patient yesterday giving an anal probe...:sad: Sorry Cari...you will be missed...:angel:

tennnisfannn
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Okay, I will finally admit it; At this point a year ago, I was a devoted fan of the Williams sisters and now a year later that lust is gone. Venus injured and out for 6 freaking months, come back and the very 1st freaking tournament she claimed to be injured then the following tournament she withdraws. This is really pathetic and I just cant deal with it anymore. The same thing with Serena, she's been out for 7 months. Are they so damb delicate that soon as a splinter gets in their foot they have to pull up lame. These two are probably the biggest babies I've ever seen in professional sport. The hell, Henin plays with 10 freaking blisters on her foot. Pending there next tournament, I may have to retire my screename. Too bad I have no one in Tennis to look forward to since Seles is not in sight and I just cant stand the Belgians.I take it you forget how serena won AO 2002 with blisters, Venus made the finals of both uso 2002 with blisters too and wimby 2003 with an abdominal strain. Kim made the final of AO 2004 with an ankle injury while Mauresmo couldn't play with a muscle tear, YOU JUST CANNOT COMPARE INJURIES, they hurt differently and affect differently.
As a fan you are a real http://smileys.******************/cat/3/3_4_2.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001) Watch your backs guys.

aNYthing
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
:rolleyes: @Venus fan. Jus change ur screen name...

*JR*
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Unfortunately, many ppl ARE "frontrunners" (though Most Members here aren't). I Really Respect Those That are loyal Through Thick & Thin, so long as the player Didn't Do something Unquestionably Unethical, or just "go Through The motions" for money without any committment.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:09 PM
so long as the player Didn't Do something Unquestionably Unethical,
Why bring Justine's fans into this...? :tape:

Cariaoke
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I lost a patient yesterday giving an anal probe...:sad: Sorry Cari...you will be missed...:angel:
you lyin' whore! i'm steal standing!

*JR*
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Uh, a Belgian DOES DO "Some Stuff" for her sis, but her name isn't Justine! :p

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I get pissed of everytime I read threads like these. I too was dissapointed that Venus pulled out, but she has always said that she will not play with an injury, she did at wimbledon to try to please fans, and who know what effect that had on her recovery time. I understand your frustration VENUSFAN, but it's in times like these that a player really need their true fans to stick with them. Think it over, I know you can find a little more patiance for Venus. It's hard for me too, but I'm never giving her up!!!

Mrs. Peel
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:20 PM
My bad.. anyway, they are cry babies
are ewe rally a Venus fan? :confused:

Stefwhit
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Venusfan whatever will Venus and Serena do without your support- this newz is going to crush them.... Well if you're not of fan of athletes pron to injury then you couldn't be a fan of Momo, Peirce, Seles, Graf, Lindsay, etc... If the fans of the Lakers felt ur way they'd have no fans. Injuries are part of the sport and as much as it annoys the hell out of me not to have Serena out there doing her thing, I at least understand. Tennis is a grueling sport and at any given time you can always find a number of players out with injury. Some people are just more suseptible to injuries than others and there's nothing you can do about it....well I guess you can try to find another player who tends to be healthy- since that's obviously important criteria for you in chosing a player to root for.

"Topaz"
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Please do not crucify and burn Venusfan because her genuine feelings don't resonate well with some of us. We must make an effort to understand her, comfort her, and let her know good days are ahead. Besides, if we love Venus for her tennis, we must feel some frustration ourselves, as we've all been patiently waiting for quite a while. We're not similarly strong in patience; some have a low yield point and buckle easily.

I'm frustrated as well. I long to see the Venus of old. But I keep my frustration under control. Life taught me that time goes on, and things of hold may not return. What helps me in this matter is that my love for Venus's tennis has grown into a love for Venus as a person. So, tennis or no tennis, I will soldier on. Granted I'll feel much better when and if she gets back to her hold form. Something to always remember, Venus has a fragile constitution and an extraneous style of play in a sport that is physically demanding to begin with. That translates into a very bad combination for her health. I wish her a lot of courage and perseverance. If some fans can throw in the towel, what if she does it as well? She's the one undergoing all the pains and trials after all. Imagine if she just packs up her millions (so to speak) and fades away!

Please hang on, everybody! Please hang in there, Venus.

crewman31
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Okay, I will finally admit it; At this point a year ago, I was a devoted fan of the Williams sisters and now a year later that lust is gone. Venus injured and out for 6 freaking months, come back and the very 1st freaking tournament she claimed to be injured then the following tournament she withdraws. This is really pathetic and I just cant deal with it anymore. The same thing with Serena, she's been out for 7 months. Are they so damb delicate that soon as a splinter gets in their foot they have to pull up lame. These two are probably the biggest babies I've ever seen in professional sport. The hell, Henin plays with 10 freaking blisters on her foot. Pending there next tournament, I may have to retire my screename. Too bad I have no one in Tennis to look forward to since Seles is not in sight and I just cant stand the Belgians. have faith venus fan, keep the name

harloo
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:53 PM
venusfan, change your screename you are not a true fan of Venus.

Serendy Willick
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:57 PM
If your pissed off, imgine how Venus feels.

Infiniti2001
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Maybe I'm a bit dellusional, but I so believe in Venus. :worship: :kiss: :hearts: She's going through some bad patches now, but so what?? Let's talk Anna, Martina, Lindsay, Chanda, Amelie- are they all also "so damned delicate"? :rolleyes: I stuck with her when Martina Hingis and Lindsay Davenport were beating her early on in her career, when she was winning and I will stick with her through her injuries , the beatings from her pesky younger sister and all the wannabes :p :tape:

CanadianBoy21
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Venus learned her lesson when she played FO and WIMBY injured.
I, for one, am glad she pulled out.
Venus will be back, in the meantime, trying enjoying life outside the court like Venus does :wavey:

DunkMachine
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
It was that same leg that bothered her against Raymond. If she's not a 100% she shouldn't be playing. I'm dissapointed too but it's no use rooting a player that's injured.

Allez-H
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:13 PM
If you're a true fan,you'll stick by her no matter what.It's like a wedding:through sickness and health...Untill deaths do us parts (or something like that)You can allways ask for a divorce though ;)

*JR*
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:20 PM
....You can allways ask for a divorce though ;)
Even in SUI! :devil:

Diya
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Okay, I will finally admit it; At this point a year ago, I was a devoted fan of the Williams sisters and now a year later that lust is gone. Venus injured and out for 6 freaking months, come back and the very 1st freaking tournament she claimed to be injured then the following tournament she withdraws. This is really pathetic and I just cant deal with it anymore. The same thing with Serena, she's been out for 7 months. Are they so damb delicate that soon as a splinter gets in their foot they have to pull up lame. These two are probably the biggest babies I've ever seen in professional sport. The hell, Henin plays with 10 freaking blisters on her foot. Pending there next tournament, I may have to retire my screename. Too bad I have no one in Tennis to look forward to since Seles is not in sight and I just cant stand the Belgians.

First the luck started to run out and now even their fans are starting to desert them ......Oh My :sad:
:tape:

mboyle
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:24 PM

second of all, i doubt they give a ---- what you, or anybody else thinks. they're not gonna get crippled playing to make fake fans like you happy :)
guys, let's get over the spelling errors, okay? I mean, if everyone were to correct each other's grammar/spelling mistakes, I don't think any thread would be relevant, and you can't pick and choose, thus...

Infiniti2001
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:31 PM
First the luck started to run out and now even their fans are starting to desert them ......Oh My :sad:
:tape:

fans?? Oh diya :tape:

sartrista7
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
This is incredibly frustrating, yes... but Venus is still doing a lot better than some of my other faves. She's a four-time Slam champion... even if she IS in decline, even if she never scales those heghts again (which I don't believe for a second), she's still had a great career. And I had to put up with Lina K sitting out nearly a whole year, so this is nothing really... and I still have other faves to cheer on elsewhere.

alexusjonesfan
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Venusfan, you sould like you either need to invest more into V&S's stock or diversify your fave portfolio :o

SJW
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:52 PM
guys, let's get over the spelling errors, okay? I mean, if everyone were to correct each other's grammar/spelling mistakes, I don't think any thread would be relevant, and you can't pick and choose, thus...
cmon, spelling mistakes are not what we're dissing on. it's making a spelling mistake WHILE disrespecting a player. if it was a spelling mistake in a highly intelligent discussion (few and far between on this board) do you think i would have called it?

mn73
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Jennifer Capriati and Monica Seles fans had to wait three FREAKIN' YEARS! Get over it!!! :lol:

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Please hang on, everybody! Please hang in there, Venus.

What kind of fans are these(I'm not saying you, TennisPower, I know what you mean)? Venus needs to recruit new fans. A large proportion of those she has(?)/had(?) seem to love her because she wins/used to win a lot :silly: That's not being a fan

I mean, I understand why people tend NOT to cheer for losers, but it's not like Venus Williams has become one!

Withdrawing has always been a part of Venus's career, and it will stay that way. The difference is she hasn't won a major in 2 years and a half.

Experimentee
Feb 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM
What kind of fans are these(I'm not saying you, TennisPower, I know what you mean)? Venus needs to recruit new fans. A large proportion of those she has(?)/had(?) seem to love her because she wins/used to win a lot :silly: That's not being a fan

If you look at the responses to this thread, you'll see that a large proportion of Venus fans dont agree with what the threadstarter said. Theres no problem with Venus fans in general, only venusfan.

Greenout
Feb 7th, 2004, 01:05 PM
These types of threads have me rolling around in dirt LMAO. It's just too funny. Dropping a 2 time USO, 2 time WIMBLEDON winner because of a couple of
bad tournaments. What a big sissy! :haha:

LucasArg
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I am sad Venus got injured, but I LOVE her so much I will never post a thread like this.

lee station
Feb 7th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I am sad Venus got injured, but I LOVE her so much I will never post a thread like this.I agree. True fans never give up.

Thread starter, if you want to know where your patients ended... lol
http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/jaguar/JAGUAR09.JPG

*abby*
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:04 PM
if u were a ture fan in the first place this would not even be an issue!many ppl here have stuck throught their faves thru thick and thin, through everything. what about daniela hantuchovas fans everyone was dissing her saying she was over etc. when she slid down the rankings but all her fans are still here. jenny has been injured and is not playing yet....hell jenny only won one tourney last year and that was thru 2 withdrawals but jens den is still rocking!where is your loyalty and love for your favourites?

Dawn Marie
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Venusfan or should I now call you Jahmal, a real Venus fan would never write this thread in WTA WORLD. This is not the place. You and I both damn well we don't need to see another thread that is negative toward Vee.

Anyway when are you gonna get that damn chatroom fixed?

Ever since that darn Ludie acted a fool Venus has been cursed!! lol

In long: Jahmal if you are no longer a Venus fan.... it is only your loss.

I know I am still gonna admire her 100%.. IN FRUSTRATION and ELATION... HEll I thought you knew that..!!

FEARLESS VENUS WILLIAMS RULEZ!!:)

decemberlove
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:06 PM
patience is a virtue.

try being an anna fan, and then come back bitching about not being able to take it anymore.

i guess the ride on the bandwagon is getting a bit too rough for you... time to jump off.

the cat
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Well said, Miss Love. I think the sisters will be back in top form by spring time. But will Anna ever be back in good form as a tennis player? It's doubtful at this point. :( The fans of the Williams sisters have alot to still be hopeful for. Serena will return when she can run full out. And even though she was rusty, Venus served 14 aces in her straight set loss to Lisa Raymond at the Australian Open. So her abdominal injury finally seems to be behind her. :) Now she just has to get her game back on track.

Women's tennis is lacking without the Williams sisters. I'm a big fan of the Russina's. But they usually dissapoint in the important tournaments. :( The fact is Serena and Venus add alot of excitement to women's tennis. :D They are great players. And women's tennis is lacking great players. The WTA Tour desperately needs a return to form of the Williams sisters in 2004.

Dawn Marie
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:18 PM
cat nice post:)

again.. hi cat:)

Couver
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Well IMO you're allowed to post whatever you want on this board. I'm not going to attack you for that.

I'll just say that if you don't like V&S anymore then just move on to someone else. There are enough players in tennis for you to find someone new. I think this board has enough people who devote too much time to players they "don't care about." I won't name names, but I think we all know who :rolleyes:

Kart
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Too bad I have no one in Tennis to look forward to since Seles is not in sight and I just cant stand the Belgians.
Maybe you should look for a new hobby then - maybe something like counselling so you can help Venus and Serena through the grief they'll suffer after losing you as a fan.

Oh and you'll have to change your signature as well.

Infiniti2001
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Maybe you should look for a new hobby then - maybe something like counselling so you can help Venus and Serena through the grief they'll suffer after losing you as a fan.

:worship: :worship: How ya been babe?? Long time no see :kiss: :wavey:

Kart
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:57 PM
:worship: :worship: How ya been babe?? Long time no see :kiss: :wavey:
Too long, but I'm all the better for seeing you now :hearts: ;).

Tplayer
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:17 AM
(You are finally getting the picture. The question of whether the Williams sisters are bad for tennis has been answered.)

Rub
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:32 AM
yeah right! i don't know what really are the reasons... but i'm getting sick of it!
i won't be surprised if their fans will get tired of them... but that's unlikely though!

Couver
Feb 8th, 2004, 01:37 AM
yeah right! i don't know what really are the reasons... but i'm getting sick of it!
i won't be surprised if their fans will get tired of them... but that's unlikely though!
LMAO! Justine and Kim are in your sig, why do you even care what Venus and Serena do then?:rolleyes:

DemWilliamsGulls
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:25 AM
I get pissed of everytime I read threads like these. I too was dissapointed that Venus pulled out, but she has always said that she will not play with an injury, she did at wimbledon to try to please fans, and who know what effect that had on her recovery time. I understand your frustration VENUSFAN, but it's in times like these that a player really need their true fans to stick with them. Think it over, I know you can find a little more patiance for Venus. It's hard for me too, but I'm never giving her up!!!

I agree with what he said basically. I'm dissapointed she pulled out too...because I want her to get back in top form so she can kick these gulls ass like she was b4 she left. Only Venus and Serena knows whats best for thier own body...so we can only respect thier decisions. I would rather see them back on the tour in top shape...than half assed. Lord knows I couldn't stand to see that lame upset from this years Australian Open.

hingis-seles
Feb 8th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Maybe I'm a bit dellusional, but I so believe in Venus. :worship: :kiss: :hearts: She's going through some bad patches now, but so what?? Let's talk Anna, Martina, Lindsay, Chanda, Amelie- are they all also "so damned delicate"? :rolleyes: I stuck with her when Martina Hingis and Lindsay Davenport were beating her early on in her career, when she was winning and I will stick with her through her injuries , the beatings from her pesky younger sister and all the wannabes :p :tape:
You don't think Martina is a wannabe! :hearts: :devil:

But you're calling Monica a wannabe? :fiery: ;) :p

:lol:

hingis-seles
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:00 AM

Kart has spoken. :worship: :bowdown:

:devil:

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:14 PM
patience is a virtue.

try being an anna fan, and then come back bitching about not being able to take it anymore.

i guess the ride on the bandwagon is getting a bit too rough for you... time to jump off.
Holly, anyone who treats sports results (if they don't have some personal connection ala love, money, friendship, being related, etc.) like the end of the world needs to stop living through others. ;)

paellapan
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I agree. True fans never give up.

Thread starter, if you want to know where your patients ended... lol

nice cat you got there :lol:

:nerner:

Hulet
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:41 PM
'True fans never give up', but who said true fans never get disappointed by their faves or criticize(sp?) them?

The (over)-reaction for the first message is as amazing as the first message itself.

paellapan
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:13 PM
'True fans never give up', but who said true fans never get disappointed by their faves or criticize(sp?) them?

The (over)-reaction for the first message is as amazing as the first message itself.

I totally agree, but the thread-starter could show some consequent behaviour and change username and sig for instance... otherwise this thread gets even more amazing :o

or was there some irony all repliers must have missed ? :confused: :rolleyes:

Ballbuster
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I feel you Venusfan. I don't care what some of these obsessed posters think. Perform or I'm out. That is just the way my personality is. Tennis is about entertainment. If Venus and Serena are not entertaining then I'm off to catch the next big thing.

Micheal Vick
Freddie Adu
Lebron James
Tiger Woods
Lisa Leslie
Marion Jones
The Lakers, etc.
Boxing

Hell, I didn't start watching tennis until they surfaced anyway. If they disappear from tennis so will I.

Now, I'm sure the Tennis purist would love that.

*JR*
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Hell, I didn't start watching tennis until they surfaced anyway. If they disappear from tennis so will I.

Sure the W/S want their own loyal following, big $ endorsements, etc. But if they don't broaden the base of tennis, they won't have fully succeeded no matter how many Titles They win, money they Earn, Etc.

Imagine If you will, Jackie Robinson having said in 1947 that his goal was simply to prove the Negro League baseball players were better, not to knock down the color line.

It's absolutely your right 2B a black separatist, but please don't USE the W/S to advance your agenda without their consent, please! :rolleyes:

Ballbuster
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:16 PM
It's absolutely your right 2B a black separatist, but please don't USE the W/S to advance your agenda without their consent, please! :rolleyes:

The people at Indian Wells and the French Open - Openly used racist taunts toward them. I don't think They asked their permission.

Racist: Serena Can I call you a N**&^.?

Jolly:
Beng a old idiot fart, doesn't suit you, in your agedness, you have so far to grow.

decemberlove
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:22 PM
lol at the lakers being the next big thing.

Cariaoke
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM
laughing at the entire thread... I still like my first post the best. I love being a smart ass.

:) :cool:

Ballbuster
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM
lol at the lakers being the next big thing.

I personally hated them until Karl Malone and Payton joined.

*JR*
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:55 PM
The people at Indian Wells and the French Open - Openly used racist taunts toward them. I don't think They asked their permission.

Racist: Serena Can I call you a N**&^.?

Jolly:
Beng a old idiot fart, doesn't suit you, in your agedness, you have so far to grow.
Actually, there was a virtually "reverse mentality" between the IW '01 and RG '03 situations. In Indian Wells, racists used slurs towards the Williams family. In Paris, "Euro-nationalists" (or "Francophiles") dissed Serena for representing "war-mongering America".

Ironically, they're put in the "no win situation" of being "American everywhere but in America". (Though Serena could have played the "Josephine Baker role" as le French Fondly recall that self-exiled black American actress who their country warmly adopted decades ago).

But ze Faux French ak-zent by ze-re-NA "defined her" To Them as one more "Arrogant American". Combine that with her opponent being a native French speaker Who Was also the underdog, much smaller, and had lost her mother very young, and that explains the RG booing.

Ballbuster
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Actually, there was a virtually "reverse mentality" between the IW '01 and RG '03 situations. In Indian Wells, racists used slurs towards the Williams family. In Paris, "Euro-nationalists" (or "Francophiles") dissed Serena for representing "war-mongering America".

Ironically, they're put in the "no win situation" of being "American everywhere but in America". (Though Serena could have played the "Josephine Baker role" as le French Fondly recall that self-exiled black American actress who their country warmly adopted decades ago).

But ze Faux French ak-zent by ze-re-NA "defined her" To Them as one more "Arrogant American". Combine that with her opponent being a native French speaker Who Was also the underdog, much smaller, and had lost her mother very young, and that explains the RG booing.

I could care less about all that. I cannot stand a undercover or blatant racist. Trust me, I've learned this the hard way.
besides most of your post are :topic:

I'm more concerned about them WINNING than just merely returning.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM
i totally agree..its amazing how easily they withdraw..but as a ar u should really be use it it..even BEFORE serena became #1 and won any slams she was pulling out of French Opens because of hangnails :lol:
I really don't think vENUS is bull shi**ing though..i just think she is REALLY injured prone..even at the age of 23 when you are suppose to be at your peak in shapeness and resilience.
I also honestly think that Serena has the "Majoli syndrome". Partys, events, awards ceremonies, partys, acting... And where Majolie was only a Minor international star..Serena is a MAJOR internation star...yada yada yada.... Thats just how i see it. Its VERY hard to keep up mentally and physically with the kind of schedule she makes fo herself. In anycase... i do hope they start to reconcentrate themselves to TENNIS and bring back more STAR quality to the WTA. Even for the people who are not fans..you have to admit they do give off allot of star watage to the tour :) wavey:

grasshopper
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:29 PM
The funny thing about losing patience with the William's
Sisters is who are you going to replace them with? Without
the Sister tennis is dull!!! I say pray that they come back an
take their previous form on the tennis court and then give them all the support that has been giving to all other great players in the past!!!

Siyasema
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:36 PM
I've never looked at a tennis player as needing to owe me as a fan anything other than great tennis at their greatest potential or capacity. I as a fan only owe any tennis player regardless if they are my favorite or not simple respect.

If Venus or Serena feel their bodies or play are not where they want it to be, need it to be to compete with the large field in women's tennis, it is then their right to not play. They should not be forced to play at a capacity where they either feel they cannot win or compete or where their tennis is downgraded from what they could give.

Playing competitive tennis is also different from having guest spots on television or photo shoots or making designing plans for homes. Competitive physical sport should not be equated with almost everyday functions that even non sporting people can undertake. Venus and or Serena are free to do that as is their right. It should also be their right to play at a level they wish that is fully competitive.

I want to watch the Sisters play but I also understand why they feel the need not always to play. I don't want to watch them play when they shouldn't and simply lose. Venus and Serena have provided a great level of excitement and quality for me within the framework of women's tennis; I can wait for their play to return and continue to fully enjoy what they bring to the table when they bring it.

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:47 PM

second of all, i doubt they give a fuck what you, or anybody else thinks. they're not gonna get crippled playing to make fake fans like you happy :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. :yeah: :rocker2:
I hate fairweathered fans :armed:

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:48 PM

:scratch:
I just have one thing to say about this post... :bs:

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:49 PM
thanks four giving the spelling lesson, babe. :tape:

DeDe4925
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:54 PM

K&J fan
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:56 PM
and I just cant stand the Belgians.
whack whack :rolleyes:

esquímaux
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:06 PM
kitty! :toothy:

paellapan
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:26 PM
These two are probably the biggest babies I've ever seen in professional sport.

Fidel Castrato
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:08 PM
With yet another withdrawal of Venus, I'm really getting concerned about the patience of the threadstarter :sad:

Where will this lead to ?

starr
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:20 PM
With yet another withdrawal of Venus, I'm really getting concerned about the patience of the threadstarter :sad:

Where will this lead to ?
A complete breakdown?

;)

venusfan
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I guess I really pissed of the Williams sisters fans, too bad. If these two can get injured in their 2nd match after coming off a 6 month vacation then only god knows where they would be today if they had regular 5 days a week 8 hours a day jobs.

paellapan
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:57 PM
I guess I really pissed of the Williams sisters fans, too bad. If these two can get injured in their 2nd match after coming off a 6 month vacation then only god knows where they would be today if they had regular 5 days a week 8 hours a day jobs.

now I understand : your signature is pure irony, or even sarcasm :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:05 PM

If you have not excercised in sixmonths you cannot go to the gym and workout full steam and not expect some probablility of injuring yourself. If you haven't competed in a professional sport for six months you cannot come back and expect to win majors in your first tournament.

Also injuries happen in every sport and some players are luckier than others to escape without injury. Look at amelie mauresmo who has been injuried far more than venus or serena. Look at anna kournikova who has been injured far more than venus or serena. Look at chanda rubin who has been injured far more than venus or serena.

Anyone who questions why an injured player withdraws is clearly an idiot. They withdraw because they cannot play. I find it strange that when player A hurst her back and is forced to retire she gets symptahy and understanding even though she gets injured far more than player B who withdraws when she hurst her Knee.

Its really ridiculous and reflects poorly on you.

harloo
Feb 15th, 2004, 05:20 PM
My problem is this with your whining about the sister's being off the tour.

1. You did not have to try to take swipes at the sisters saying that they are babies, etc. I did not care if you criticized them and stated so eloquently, however you chose to go to the gutter.

2. Both sisters were injured, and their sister DIED and not only that but they are going through a custody battle. Don't expect them to just bounce back and go to a bunch of damn unruly tennis nuts, analyst, and fake fans like yourself and just act like they were not affected by their sisters death.

3. Venus has been struggling with injury for a while now, and it happens to all champions. Just because YOU think they should run back to the tour with injury to play for YOU is SELFISH.

4. Granted, Serena is living her life and trying to experience other things and maybe she could of came back earlier but how Serena deals with things that happen in life is her decision. I wish she would come back to the tour, but I do understand how it is when you lose a family member being that I lost a close member before. You go through denial, and you are devastated. Serena is only trying to heal, because she has never stayed away from the tour this long. She did have surgery and it takes a while to get back in the groove of things.

And let me say this about TRUE fans. You show your true colors when you abadon your fav or run too someone else because they have losses, or they are injured. In tennis, players become injured as their career progresses. We all know that and it happens to the best. I am a fan of Venus and Serena and will remain so even when they stop playing tennis.

Dawn Marie
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Venusfan u just don't get it do you? You took swipes and mean ones too at Venus and Serena. You called them names and you basically tore them apart. You called them babies for basically getting hurt. You fail to talk about the many times they have both played with pain and showed true guts and grit out there on the court. You failed to realize Venus's gutsy win in last years Wimbeldon.

Yet what is ironic is that you are a moderator for a Venus and Serena website???!!!!??!! "The Faboulous Williams Sisters". I just don't know why you wanted to post your hatred for V@S in here when you could have took this negative post over to your own home? I just don't understand how you could claim you love V@S one day then tear them apart the next? I don't have a problem with critical comments toward them, but the things you stated a TRUE fan would not have stated. It went beyond critical and downright hateful. I mean imho it would have been cool, if you just came in here and said, "look I was upset and frustrated", but no you still bashed them. You came back and talked about their injuries like they had no right to get hurt. Playing tennis is not the same thing has a sit down desk job.

Leave V@S alone, they owe us nothing.

esquímaux
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Gazing into my crystal ball....I'm seeing a pattern. Play tennis and dominate and be labelled bad for the sport. Don't play tennis and catch heat for not playing. Mmmmmm is there a balance? My crystal ball went blank :o

V&SGotItGoingOn
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Poor VenusFan, Venus isn't making her very happy because she is injured, and now she comes in and throws a temper tantrum... actually I really couldn't care if Venus and/or Serena fans are now saying they lost patience and are sick and tired of them, and calling them babies. Just don't be praising them and saying you are their biggest fan if and when they start winning tournaments again, otherwise, you'll just be a hypocrite. Personally, I am checking their websites less frequently, and I am not paying as close attention to tennis in general, however I am definitely not ditching them or giving up on them, I am just patiently awaiting their return.

the cat
Feb 15th, 2004, 06:45 PM
The Williams sisters are not babies and they have played hurt on many occasions. Most tennis players play hurt. It's part of the game. I wish the Williams sisters were back in action and playing great! :D Women's tennis needs them. But none of us can understand the physical pain they've gone through from all of their tennis injuries. And big women in tennis don't stay healthy. Pam Shriver, Brenda Schultz, Lindsay Davenport, Mary Pierce and Alexandra Stevenson are prime examples of that. Tennis is not a sissy sport by any means. It's actually a very demanding sport that causes alot of injuries to tennis players. And just because the Williams sisters are great tennis players and tremendous athletes doesn't mean they will be injury free. It's possible because they covder more court than the other players that they put themselves at risk of injury with that extra step or extra stretch.

Women's tennis is alot more boring without the Williams sisters than it is with them dominating the sport. That much is certain.

Ballbuster
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
They need to play tennis or leave the sport because I'm not feeling them at this moment.

Dawn Marie
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:26 PM
ballbuster why do YOU leave tennis and leave them alone. Cause I sure am feeling them at the moment and when they come back I will remember who the REAL troopers are. Williams fans are LUCKY, alot of players are still injured and some even retired. V@S are still active. The only whiney babies I see are those who are hatin on them.

Fearless V@S rule

Ballbuster
Feb 16th, 2004, 06:59 PM
ballbuster why do YOU leave tennis and leave them alone. Cause I sure am feeling them at the moment and when they come back I will remember who the REAL troopers are. Williams fans are LUCKY, alot of players are still injured and some even retired. V@S are still active. The only whiney babies I see are those who are hatin on them.

Fearless V@S rule

Why do you always act like you are PMSing? I cannot phantom a man that would want to be in your company. EVER!

locks
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Venusfan u just don't get it do you? You took swipes and mean ones too at Venus and Serena. You called them names and you basically tore them apart. You called them babies for basically getting hurt. You fail to talk about the many times they have both played with pain and showed true guts and grit out there on the court. You failed to realize Venus's gutsy win in last years Wimbeldon.

Yet what is ironic is that you are a moderator for a Venus and Serena website???!!!!??!! "The Faboulous Williams Sisters". I just don't know why you wanted to post your hatred for V@S in here when you could have took this negative post over to your own home? I just don't understand how you could claim you love V@S one day then tear them apart the next? I don't have a problem with critical comments toward them, but the things you stated a TRUE fan would not have stated. It went beyond critical and downright hateful. I mean imho it would have been cool, if you just came in here and said, "look I was upset and frustrated", but no you still bashed them. You came back and talked about their injuries like they had no right to get hurt. Playing tennis is not the same thing has a sit down desk job.

Leave V@S alone, they owe us nothing.
It has to Ludie :wavey: she goes after Venus first then Serena:rolleyes:. Stop living your life thru them:kiss:

pisces
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:02 PM
pLEASE give me a break.!Name one of our present tennis player"s with a record like The Williams Sisters.What family has two #1 players.What family haS two gold medal winner's.What family has two GRAND SLAM CHAMPIONS.Not only single' :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: s but Doubles.If my Queen and princess never play aGAIN,THEY WILL GO TO THE HALL OF FAME!.I will love them, until the day I die.

ayanate
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Blind bat Williams fans will never accept that these girls have taken the money and run. It's that simple, Serena never really wants to play and she found the perfect excuse, she is only really motivated if Venus starts to dominate then she'll suddenly want to be number one again. I seriously doubt that her knee injury was bad enough to keep her from the tour this long, she has simply been uninterested in getting back on the court and she is under no pressure as conveniently her sister isn't wrapping herself in glory either which would otherwise have overshadowed her. This I find to be her major driving force. That girl called Serena Williams has so much talent to win 25 slams but unfortunately she loves being a journeywoman hiding under the guise of 'other interests'.

rjd1111
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:16 PM
I always try to give my girls the support they need as a devoted fan. Venus is out their trying. But, the doctor said Serena would be out for six weeks. And I don't
think the best rehab for a knee is walking down a modeling runway in high heels,
Partying in LA with Brandy, and making TV pilots.

DeDe4925
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:29 PM
They need to play tennis or leave the sport because I'm not feeling them at this moment.
Why is it always all or nothing for the sisters and not for everyone else? :rolleyes:

faste5683
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Why is it always all or nothing for the sisters and not for everyone else? :rolleyes:

Is this a rhetorical questin? :help:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

DeDe4925
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Is this a rhetorical questin? :help:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
I guess for some! For others, no. :p

faste5683
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I guess for some! For others, no. :p

Good answer. :smooch:

DeDe4925
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Good answer. :smooch:
:lol: :kiss:

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:58 PM
There must be some sort of patience in order to still care enough to write about them and even have angst about the Sisters lack of playing. Apathy is far worse than impatience, and apathy seems to be something the Sisters never inspire. It would seem the women's game is ready for the Sisters to come back full swing.

paellapan
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Time to bring this up again :devil:

I guess some more patience will be lost here today :p

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Time to bring this up again :devil:

I guess some more patience will be lost here today :p

Only by the thread starter...

GO VENUS GO MEGHAN GO Svetlana !!

paellapan
Feb 29th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Only by the thread starter...

GO VENUS GO MEGHAN GO Svetlana !!

OK, you might be right, I'm glad to hear that :)

Vitto de Bever
Feb 29th, 2004, 01:20 PM
I've lost patience too, that is my patience for waiting that Serena finally retires and Venus to admit that she isn't a topplayer anymore.

*JR*
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I've lost patience too, that is my patience for waiting that Serena finally retires and Venus to admit that she isn't a topplayer anymore.
Admins: why is this compulsive arsonist "immune" from negative reps? :rolleyes:

starr
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:47 PM
What is the point of giving a bad rep anyway?

Isn't the whole notion of bad reps pretty childish? If you disagree with the poster, you can say so on every thread he posts.

I think bad reps are cowardly if they are coming from grown ups and simply immature if they come from those under 18.

*JR*
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:51 PM
What is the point of giving a bad rep anyway?

Isn't the whole notion of bad reps pretty childish? If you disagree with the poster, you can say so on every thread he posts.

I think bad reps are cowardly if they are coming from grown ups and simply immature if they come from those under 18.
Starr, I'm long "on record" against the entire rep system. (Good rep often being defacto "bartering" etc). But why in hell is someone whose posts are 100% negative given "special immunity"?

:confused:

starr
Feb 29th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I like giving positive reps to people when I like their posts or agree with them.

All I could see about that poster was that you couldn't give him/her a rep one way or the other. I don't see that he/she has "special immunity," but maybe you know something I don't.

*JR*
Feb 29th, 2004, 07:39 PM
I like giving positive reps to people when I like their posts or agree with them.

All I could see about that poster was that you couldn't give him/her a rep one way or the other. I don't see that he/she has "special immunity," but maybe you know something I don't.
I also don't abuse the rep system (like a certain former poster with his Rep Me Back! PM's) :lol: but use it as you do. Re. that cyber-arsonist not even having a "check box" I have absolutely NO idea why. (Maybe we should ask in Bug & Error).

:confused:

SJW
Feb 29th, 2004, 07:42 PM

true......i don't neg rep people really.

so if someone receives on from me, they KNOW they've done something wrong :lol:

paellapan
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:44 AM

calm down, people , patience is a virtue ;)

bandabou
Apr 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Still lost patience?!

diekedelver
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:26 PM
I guess a good moment to bring this one back up ;)