PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Vs Dokic

tennnisfannn
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:38 AM
H2h one sided i favour of Davenport any reason to expect different?
No love lost between then either http://smileys.******************/cat/11/11_2_101.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

CanadianBoy21
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:40 AM
H2h one sided i favour of Davenport any reason to expect different?
No love lost between then either http://smileys.******************/cat/11/11_2_101.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)
is that andre and steffi picture??

~RedRose~
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:40 AM
they both had fairly one sided QF's ...... Itll be interesting to what Jelena can do tomorrow ..... Id say Davenport is the clear favourite due to the past results ..... but I think Jelena can cause an upset.

tennnisfannn
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:46 AM
is that andre and steffi picture??Don't know. This match up could become intersting. It is difficult to tell how well Dokic is gonna play against Davenport, this is the girl who beat KIm towards the end of last year when Kim was playing quite solidly. Davenport on the other hand is in no mood to lose to anyone outside the williams or belgians.

LUIS9
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:47 AM
This can potentially be an interesting matchup, Dokic can go toe to toe with Davenport with her forehand, however its either her serve, her impatience, careless errors or a combo of the above that really has made this h2h so one sided has she even taken her to a third set, maybe once at wimby wait no i think she trashed Dokic once in wimby or maybe it was Clijsters yeah sometimes i get the semantics wrong on my processing this late in the early morning of Friday for the east coast! I suspect Davenport wins by a score comparable to 7-5 6-2, more likely 6-3 6-4. we'll have to wait and see?

rfs1999
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:48 AM
The draw must have been rigged?

faboozadoo15
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:03 AM
i give jelena a good shot. she's fresh.

vutt
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Based on past experiences I'm afraid Lindsay will win in straight sets.
Good part of course for Jelena fans is that we can see her on TV again :)

CinnamoninCinema
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Lindsay will probably win ... but if ever Dokic could do it...

Volcana
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Jelena's style makes her a ball machine for Lindsay. Big pace but not elite-class pace. Not much spin on the ball. Stay on the baseline. It's target practice.

They've played eight times. Jelena has only ever won one SET.

Roddick_tease
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Jelena's style makes her a ball machine for Lindsay. Big pace but not elite-class pace. Not much spin on the ball. Stay on the baseline. It's target practice.

Not elite-class pace? What? She hits harder than your two favorites, that's for sure!

skanky~skanketta
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:04 AM
i say 6-2 6-3

but hope jellybeans can push it to 3 at least!or maybe even win.

Jan
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Well I hope Lindsay can do it and I expect she will but I think Jelena will play a good match.

Go Go Go Lindsay
:worship:

Daniel
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:25 AM
linds in 2 sets: 6-4 6-0

bw2082
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:49 AM
lindsay 3 and 2

V.Melb
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Volcana is right. Lindsay loves a slugging match...especially when she clearly is the more powerfull of the two. She will out-hit Jelena for a 6-3 7-5 win. Lindsays serve will be a difference.... plus her edge in the power department.

Leo_DFP
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Lindsay 4 and 3 ? I hope it goes three, with Davenport pulling it out and then taking the title.

Leo_DFP
Feb 6th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Just noticed something: Maleeva and Rubin are the two other semifinalists. Lindsay choked a final to each of them back in 2002, both times from two points away. Let's hope that if/when she meets one of them in the finals, she'll be mentally tougher and can close it out. Her and Martina own this event, after all, and it's only right that the streak lasts for a full 8 years.

rada
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:25 AM
i think dokic will have a chance.....;) but it will go to 3 sets

©@®eLess
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM
yeah i think it will be 3 sets too. Dokic gonna lose first like 1-6 or 0-6 but then she gonna get much better. I say JELENA wins 1-6 7-5 6-4

rada
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:43 AM
yeah i think it will be 3 sets too. Dokic gonna lose first like 1-6 or 0-6 but then she gonna get much better. I say JELENA wins 1-6 7-5 6-4

LOL thats what i think to:)

Filadidas
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:46 AM
It's good to see Dokic back and doing quite well at her first tourney for the season..... Lindsay will win but I would like to see what kind of form Dokic is having at the moment.... :)

Try your best, Jelena!!! :D

liuxuan
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I see Lindsay winning something like 7-6 6-1.

Dokic will come out swinging as she is playing well, but Davenport will eventually sort her out.

Andrew.
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Just noticed something: Maleeva and Rubin are the two other semifinalists. Lindsay choked a final to each of them back in 2002, both times from two points away. Let's hope that if/when she meets one of them in the finals, she'll be mentally tougher and can close it out. Her and Martina own this event, after all, and it's only right that the streak lasts for a full 8 years.

After those finals she has then gone on to bitchslap both. I think it's really very clear that Davenport is the clear favorite to win at this point.

Nikola
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:36 PM

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:12 PM

LMFAO...jelena is beyond elite class pace...shes a the top of list, or very near it

Elske
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Lindsay 6-4,6-2

moo_ont
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I think Dokic is in good shape now, but I think Lindsay will beat her. And, I want Lindsay to win. I don't want her to retire. She is too good to consider retirement.

bis2806
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Need I say more? I think Lindsay will kill dokic like she did against dani!!!

King Aaron
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:19 PM
As much as I would love for Jelena to win, I think Lindsay's going to win it. Hopefully Jelena can put up a fight. :D Good luck Jelena! :kiss:

daniela86
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Maybe Lindsay will be very confident and she won't expect Jelena can beat her!Jelena can surprise her and finally win!
COME ON JELENAGo Jelena Dokic,Jankovic,Ivanovic,Safina,Zvonareva,Clijsters ,Flipkens,Myskina,Dementieva,Kapros,Hantuchova,Kra snoroutskaya,Dulko,Suarez,Golovin

GrahamD
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Need I say more? I think Lindsay will kill dokic like she did against dani!!!
How old are you? 10? :mad: This is womens tennis, not boxing or gridiron football. No-one's going to kill anyone. When you're at school next, try looking up the word RESPECT in the dictionary, presuming they've taught you how to read at school. :fiery:

LindsayRulez
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM
How old are you? 10? :mad: This is womens tennis, not boxing or gridiron football. No-one's going to kill anyone. When you're at school next, try looking up the word RESPECT in the dictionary, presuming they've taught you how to read at school. :fiery:
Is this your way of trying to cover up that you are the one that's a child??

People say so-and-so is gonna "kill" whoever all the time, why didn't you speak up then? Perhaps a little mad that bis286 was right, and Lindsay did smack around Hantuchova, as predicted. Thank you, that is all.

Havok
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:22 PM
well Lindsay is the clear favorite, so I'm pretty sure she's gonna win. all i want is a good fight from Jelena, and show some interest in playing versus lindsay!!! Jelena has no problem with being the underdog, btw. she might show up and swing freely and win it, but i don't think so. good luck Jelena:banana:

LindsayRocks89
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM
lindsay is defienitly the fav and i think shell win and go on to win the title!

Fyndh0rnElf
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM
from eurosport.com
---------------------------------------------------------

Davenport into Tokyo semis

Defending champion Lindsay Davenport overpowered Daniela Hantuchova 6-2 6-2 to reach the semi-finals of the Pan Pacific Open on Friday. Second seed Davenport dominated the Slovakian to set up an intriguing showdown with Jelena Dokic, who pulverised Russia's Tatiana Panova 6-1 6-1 in only her third match of 2004.

Davenport, chasing a fourth Tokyo title, broke Hantuchova at the start of each set and closed out proceedings in clinical fashion, forcing the eighth seed into a forehand error with a bludgeoning serve on her first match point.

"I was really trying to stay positive and I probably played the best match I've played this year so far," said Davenport, who was beaten by world number one Justine Henin-Hardenne in the Australian Open quarter-finals last month.

"Number one, my game revolves around being positive and attitude and...not letting things bother me. I felt so happy I achieved all the goals I set for myself in this match."

Davenport won the Pan Pacific title in 1998, 2001 and 2003 and was beaten in the 1995 final by Japan's Kimiko Date on her first visit to Tokyo.

Seventh seed Dokic, who skipped the Australian Open for the third year running, showed glimpses of the form that took her to number four in the world two years ago, destroying Panova in just 44 minutes.

"I had a very tough season last year -- on and off the court. I went from being number four to not being able to play so well. I felt my head was not there," said the 20-year-old from Serbia and Montenegro.

"My head is the key to winning matches. I started working very, very hard at the end of last year and it paid off. I think I've got my focus back, because I'd lost it a little bit."

Top seed Venus Williams was playing fellow American Chanda Rubin in Friday's last quarter-final for the right to face Magdalena Maleeva after the Bulgarian thrashed Japanese fourth seed Ai Sugiyama 6-1 6-1.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Intriguing showdown" :hehehe:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:18 PM
I hope Jelena will win. But the advantage automatically goes to Lindsay. but go JELENA :bounce:

SuperG
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:34 PM
If things go normal Lindsay will win 2 & 2 or something like that. But on the other hand: What has Jelena to loose? Nobody expected her to reach the semis of a tierI after such a long break....

There is an excellent preview on Jelenas website. HERE (http://www.jelena-dokic.com/jelena/articles/200402/04.htm) you can read it :smoke:

Edward.
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Good Luck Jelena! :yeah:

hewittrok
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:51 PM
i give jelena a good shot. she's fresh.Yeah me too, Jelena is fresh and wants to win big to have a great season winning a Teir 1:)

Doraemon
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:11 AM
I must say from their past matches here, Lindsay will beat Jelena easily. Jelena might have beaten Panova in two easy sets but her play was anything but impressive. Jelena seems very rusty having just come back from the off season. Davenport really loves the court and her style matches up too well with Jelena's. I would be surprised if Lindsay dropped a set.

hewittrok
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:15 AM
i wont.....jelena knows that Venus will not be in the final and will try to give her best against Lindsay.

j_dementieva27
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:24 AM
i say davenport in two sets... just merely for the fact that she hasnt lost more than 2 games in a set at toyko this year, wwhile jelena has been sretched by the likes of husarova and black...

my opinion... davenport def. dokic... 6-1, 7-6

hewittrok
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:26 AM
but i like jelenas chances better.

Andrew.
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Why so much "Jelena can cause such an upset!" hype?! The last time they played Lindsay was virtually walking on a freaking peg and still won 6-2 6-1. Get over it. Lindsay will win, it's her surface, and she's the better player. Simple.

Havok
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:04 AM
wow who's stuck up. people can say Jelena can cause an upset. YOU know it's not true, so why are you all pissy for?

Andrew.
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Becuase it's stupid. You aren't going to dethrone the queen of this surface because you beat Black. Sorry, it's not happening.

LindsayRocks89
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:24 AM
lindsay is going to win this, no questions asked ;)

beauty_is_pink
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:26 AM
i like both. but i realli want Jelena back in the game... so..

Good Luck Jelena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:
(same to u lindsay!)

jbone_0307
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:29 AM
6-1 1st set davenport

jbone_0307
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:33 AM
1-6 1-0 in guessing this is a hold

jbone_0307
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:34 AM
ppf they just gave it to davenport

jbone_0307
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:34 AM
2-0

jbone_0307
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:41 AM
jelena gets bitch slapped again by davenport

7~ŚLęV3ń˝
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:57 AM
what happend? play stuck or wut??

what happend to you? red stuffs suddenly fill that thing under yer name?

jbone_0307
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:03 AM
oh no lindsay beat Jelena up 6-1 6-0. I got bored of posting this horrible match. People who have no lives outside of wtaworld tend give negative reputation points to me because this is a board entitled to opinions. But who cares?

Havok
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Becuase it's stupid. You aren't going to dethrone the queen of this surface because you beat Black. Sorry, it's not happening.:yawn: which is EXACTLY what i said. you know it's not true, so why are you letting it get tou you?