PDA

View Full Version : How can we help?

tennisIlove09
Feb 4th, 2004, 05:01 AM
to prevent the site from shutting down again?

Andy_
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:34 AM
That's a good question, 'tennisIlove09'... I was wondering more or less the same thing, but first of all... is there really anything we could do about it? Any 'mistake' we can avoid making?

I'll seize this chance to thank you guys who devote time and energy to the site maintenance, from the webmasters, to the administrators and the whole crew... Over the past few days you certainly have had a hard time to bring all this back to life. And honestly, I think we can all do with losing a few rep-points or a few posts, as long as the board can work properly.

THANKS for the dedication and energy you put into all this! :worship: :D

*JR*
Feb 4th, 2004, 09:56 AM
For what It Is (or isn't) worth, click on "Men's Tennis" atop this (or any) page. Notice a difference? (Like Less glitz, though a Great Graphical format). In other words, the fucking ENDLESS pics, Scrolling Sigs, "Go A" posts, Etc. Eat tons of bandwith. So Like Lighten the load on the servers by mostly Offering Our Opinions without the ova-use of "bells and whistles" maybe?

azza
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Go back to to other wtaworld :)

Jarrett
Feb 4th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Other WTAWorld?

*JR*
Feb 4th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Other WTAWorld?
I think azza means "pre-upgrade".

korben
Feb 4th, 2004, 05:10 PM
My suggestion.

Get rid of old messages.

As of now
http://www.wtaworld.com/images/buttons//collapse_thead.gif (http://www.wtaworld.com/index.php?#top) WTAworld.com Statistics Threads: 81,120, Posts: 2,582,325

Search disabled. No need to keep old threads. Go on, delete Žem !

Specially from GM and Non-Tennis, all crap is there. Save others :angel:

St.Sebastian
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:35 PM
It would be great if it helped the site to delete old threads...But some of the guys out here who posted more than 50K times might object...

GoDominique
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:37 PM
It would be great if it helped the site to delete old threads...But some of the guys out here who posted more than 50K times might object...
That's only one guy. ;)

Brαm
Feb 4th, 2004, 07:12 PM
:banghead:

Keith17
Feb 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM
My suggestion.

Get rid of old messages.

As of now
http://www.wtaworld.com/images/buttons//collapse_thead.gif (http://www.wtaworld.com/index.php?#top) WTAworld.com Statistics Threads: 81,120, Posts: 2,582,325

Search disabled. No need to keep old threads. Go on, delete Žem !

Specially from GM and Non-Tennis, all crap is there. Save others :angel:
Precisely.

1) Delete the tournament archives. There's over 320,000 posts there, and 95% of it is people posting scores. Nobody reads them. Nobody posts in there. Dump it.

2) Non-tennis has nearly a million posts, just silly.

3) General Messages has over 1100 pages. Since we turned off the search option, this is totally unnecessary.

Admins, we need to start purging topics. Infact, you should have been doing that like a year ago. If you don't know how, I can help you with it. If people whine about their post counts, just delete them, because people who do care about their post count need some fresh outside air.

Poe
Feb 4th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions but the size of the database is not the issue :)

Rtael
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Precisely.

1) Delete the tournament archives. There's over 320,000 posts there, and 95% of it is people posting scores. Nobody reads them. Nobody posts in there. Dump it.

2) Non-tennis has nearly a million posts, just silly.

3) General Messages has over 1100 pages. Since we turned off the search option, this is totally unnecessary.

Admins, we need to start purging topics. Infact, you should have been doing that like a year ago. If you don't know how, I can help you with it. If people whine about their post counts, just delete them, because people who do care about their post count need some fresh outside air.
I know you better feel stupid now....

Rothes
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Maybe we should Pray for wtaworld's survival and success to our Holy Lord and Father :angel: