PDA

View Full Version : Belgians, do you also believe that Kim will defeat Justine in the finals ?

gopher
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
:D I just had this feeling upfront that Kim would win this slam by beating Justine in the finals. And the facts so far seem to confirm my feeling. Justine, while she appears and probably is extremely self-confident, does not play her best tennis and was lucky to some extent in both matches against Santangelo and Davenport. She is just not at her very best.

Kim is simply smoking, injured or not.

Anyway yet another great tourney for the Belgians and the US clearly dominated again ! :lol:

saki
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Well, part of that is down to the easy draw Kim has had. She's played: Weingartner, Camerin, Safina and Farina Elia thus far. Justine has played: that Olivia girl, Pin, Kuznetsova, Santangelo, Davenport. Both Sveta and Lindsay were decent challengers to Justine; none of Kim's opponents had a chance against her. And, at both RG and the U.S. Open Kim had easier draws, sailed through looking "smoking" and still lost to Justine.

And, however badly you think Justine has played, she still hasn't lost a set, which says something.

Greenout
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:08 PM
:lol: This is kind of a funny thread. I think the personal battle lines have
been drawn already. You'll notice 2 threads here all with the Belgian locals
in full voice. I'm not to sure how safe it is to bring the factions together in
one big topic. Oh..your so brave. Me. I'll just step aside, and walk away
really quickly. Ooops, forgot to take my sandals. ......(sneaks out door..) ;)

gopher
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Well Saki, part of that is due to being number one and number two. has that downed on you brother.

saki
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Well Saki, part of that is due to being number one and number two. has that downed on you brother.
:confused: My point was that Kim has had an easier draw. How does that relate to Justine and Kim being #1 and #2 respectively? If anything, they should have had equally easy draws, surely?

Come-on-kim
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Saki, at the US Open, Kim didn't have an easier draw than Justine! She had Amelie in the QF, Lindsay in the SF.

fleemkeģ
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Well there isn't a Belgian final yet so we'll see :)