PDA

View Full Version : Williams Sisters more busy with other things than tennis

Whatzup
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:12 PM
First.. I have nothing against the Sisters... I think they're really great tennisstars...

But I think they will be never that anymore as they were the last years... I think that's because the lacking of full interest in tennis. It's great that they are so busy with other things as design clothes etc. but I think this is not good for their tenniscareers.. they have lost the full interest for tennis I think.. and I can understand it.. they have reached so much already and have gained so much money. They will play for many more years in the top 10/20 for sure.. but I don't think they become that good anymore as they were in the last years because of that...

For example.. Venus at the Australian Open.. Ok she played not bad and she had some tough times before.. but she was so busy with other things that she didn't had enough practise etc.. because she would never had lost the third round match than..

But what do you think? :D Tough I hope they will play great tennis for some more years! :D

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I agree to disagree. Venus had the practice, she just didn't have enough MATCH play

Ballbuster
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Dumbass Poster.

spiceboy
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Dumbass Poster.

If you only post to insult people who doesn't share your thoughts please stay away from the board :wavey:

Sofiane
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:20 PM
To remind you something, Serena won two slams as soon as last year.

Ballbuster
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:20 PM
If you only post to insult people who doesn't share your thoughts please stay away from the board :wavey:

Go to hell!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:25 PM
I think you don't know what youre talking about. I think you buy into what the media says without thinking for yourself.

Serena won two slams in 2003. Does that sound like shes a mediocre player who does not take tennis seriously?

Venus was in two slam finals last year. That means she was better than everyone at two slams except one person. Does that sound like she doesn't take tennis serious?

Venus just came off a SIX MONTH layoff. Do you have any idea how hard it is to come back to a world class sport and compete at the top after being away that long? obviously you dont.

Heres a suggestion: why don't you think before you post Because it doesn't seem like you did.

spiceboy
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Go to hell!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will, don't worry :devil:

MarcusRock
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Hey, hey. Take it easy on the guy. He's from the same country as bandabou. ;)

Tplayer
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Venus got her ass handed to her in the 3rd round by a 30 year old tennis veteran. That’s about 75 years old in tennis years. Venus looked old and slow as she was falling down and tripping over her daddy long legs. She wears patches, wraps and probably takes oxycodone before each match just to get her through pain free.

Now her confidence level has degraded and her chances of breaking through the top ten are slim to none. It’s Over!

Whatzup
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:42 PM
:S stupid people around here... FIRST I don't talk about last year and SECOND you can say what you want but I'm right!

You can't show up on every award show or every party.. run a company and design clothes and whatever they do and be a top 1 player!! So think by yourself!! :p

Whatzup
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Venus got her ass handed to her in the 3rd round by a 30 year old tennis veteran. That’s about 75 years old in tennis years. Venus looked old and slow as she was falling down and tripping over her daddy long legs. She wears patches, wraps and probably takes oxycodone before each match just to get her through pain free.

Now her confidence level has degraded and her chances of breaking through the top ten are slim to none. It’s Over!
I agree with you...

SerenaSlam
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:46 PM
this thread is stupid. i guess i can be honest and say you can have your opinion. but i think this is just a matter of "think" before you speak. serena williams is a force everyone still fears. funnie thing is, i honestly feel people are gonna take serena lightly just based on the venus result we saw. serena won two slams last year, and she had everything including tennis going on. she still gets the practice in.

a lot of people go the "typical way attitude" and think they EVERYONE needs all the practice in the world etc. but i think when it comes to venus and serena, like they say, only 1-2 hour practices daily is more than enough to help them out.

certain things work for certain people. when it comes to venus and serena, they don't need to do al of the things everyone else is doing to make it on the tour.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Well im not going to bash the poster for his topic. In a sense i can see where he is talkin about and in another sense i dont. They have been busy with other things, but I still see them as dominating the WTA once they get back in form. ITs been months since they played, and just like any athlete...they have to play more to get back in top form shape. All they need to do is get in more practice.....As you all know Venus did not practice as much as she normally does and she did not play a lot of tournaments....vs all the other women on the WTA tour. GIVE IT TIME ya'll they just returned...every athlete has to get back in top form after being gone so long. BTW...The only time the William Sisters were not dominating is when they left the scene...u all fail to realize that it was only the 2003 French where they loss at at a grand slam....and i have to agree with Cybelle Darkholme...does that sound like a mediocre player to u? The rest were All Williams Finals...Serena 1 Venus 2....POINT BLANK. And TPLAYER...u have to be one of the most ignorant mufukas on this webpage...U harp on Venus loosing to LIsa, but fail to realize that Venus has steamrolled Lisa Raymond on many other tournaments....when Lisa can find a way to constantly beat Venus..then u need to brag......dumb ass. :rolleyes:

lizchris
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Tplayer and Whatzup, in case you didn't know, Venus not only has been in the top ten, she has been ranked number one, something Lisa Raymond can't even boast. This is a little off topic, but Venus also has the French Open ladies doubles title, something Lisa has yet to win.

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Hey, hey. Take it easy on the guy. He's from the same country as bandabou. ;)

:lol: :haha:

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Hmm....we will see. Lost in all the hoopla about Juju this and that is the fact that Serena played three GSīs and won two and the won she didnīt play at she was defending champion and has reached the finals two years running, so the chance wouldīve been VERY great that sheīd have won three GSīs for the second year in a row.

Relax...the Williamsīs season is just getting started.

Couver
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:05 PM
:S stupid people around here... FIRST I don't talk about last year and SECOND you can say what you want but I'm right!

You can't show up on every award show or every party.. run a company and design clothes and whatever they do and be a top 1 player!! So think by yourself!! :p

So if you're only counting this year, you're counting like what 4 tournaments so far? Wow now that's brave predicting the results of 2 players for the entire year based on, in Venus case one tournament? :eek:

Also I'm curious what excuse do the other players have then for not having won a slam or been in finals? Kim focuses on tennis, shouldn't she have won more slams than Serena who clearly (because you are right as you say) doesn't focuse on tennis?

By your logic Venus & Serena have made the tour look very bad, because these 2 girls who "don't care about tennis" are posting better results than the ones who do (according you to) :rolleyes:

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:14 PM
So if you're only counting this year, you're counting like what 4 tournaments so far? Wow now that's brave predicting the results of 2 players for the entire year based on, in Venus case one tournament? :eek:

Also I'm curious what excuse do the other players have then for not having won a slam or been in finals? Kim focuses on tennis, shouldn't she have won more slams than Serena who clearly (because you are right as you say) doesn't focuse on tennis?

By your logic Venus & Serena have made the tour look very bad, because these 2 girls who "don't care about tennis" are posting better results than the ones who do (according you to) :rolleyes:

ssshh.....donīt tell NOBODY!! Kimīs all out for tennis..still waiting for that first slam or at least showing up in a final.

*JR*
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Somebody should tell TPlayer the drug he claims Venus MIGHT be using, but his idol Rush Limbaugh WAS using is spelled OxyContin! :lol: