PDA

View Full Version : A Myskina- From Russia With Temper

DelMonte
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-australianopen-notebook&prov=ap&type=lgns

Anastasia Myskina: From Russia, with temper

By JOHN BROCK, Associated Press Writer
January 26, 2004
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- Anastasia Myskina is the first to admit she could stand to be a little calmer on the court.

The sixth-seeded Russian beat No. 9 Chanda Rubin 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 Monday to reach the Australian Open quarterfinals. Along the way, she threw her racket and gestured toward her coach, Jens Gerlach, for not supporting her more vocally during the match.

``He's kind of like a wall there. ... He has to show me something, show some emotions to me,'' Myskina said. ``He has to give me something back.''

Her lapses can hurt her game, she acknowledged.

``Sometimes I lose my concentration a bit,'' Myskina said. ``I know it's not the best part of me, so I just try to work on this. It's pretty hard.''

She was asked what it would be like to be her coach.

``It's not easy for sure. I'm really tough girl on the court, really nice off the court ... on the court, I'm not nice,'' she said.

She said she always apologizes afterward, adding that Gerlach understands her.

``He knows that I don't really meant it. ... He knows me really well, thatI'm really emotional,'' she said. ``But it's only on the court.''

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Myskina is so funny during matches :D

And off the court as well. Did anyone see that eurosport interview when they asked her about the shorts that had "princess" written all over her bum? :haha: She was using those during practice :D

jimbo mack
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:39 PM
she's cool, i like her :)

PointBlank
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Nastya :)

I am waitin for A ZVonareva - From Russia With Psycho Problems :p

beauty_is_pink
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:41 PM
seems like to me all the Russians have some temper problems :p
but still i love them all :)

JLDementieva
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Hey Elena doesn't have a temper problem!! ;)

Kart
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:20 PM
LOL at this thread title.