PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody Else Glad That Venus Lost?

CJ07
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Call me crazy, but now that I think about it, I'm glad that Venus lost. Granted its a smudge on her record but I think going out early has its advantages.

1) She was moving poorly in her match (before anyone says anything all credit to Lisa, she won the match, blah blah blah :p ) and is obviously struggling with that ankle. She also had some issues that she said she didnt want to get into....that time of the month anyone?

2) I'd rather her lose to Raymond than to Kim or Justine

3) Venus is now starvin like marvin

4) 2000? Lost first three tournaments, won all the rest :D

So in short, I think this is a good thing. I was in utter shock and despair for a little while, but now I think there are some positives, so get healthy V, get you some Midol and beat everyone down in Tokyo :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:12 PM
:sad:

No. I had high expectations. Too high, yes, but high none the less. I never want to see her lose. EVER.

Deimos
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:14 PM
2) I'd rather her lose to Raymond than to Kim or Justine

That's how I felt. Although I wouldn't have minded much if she had lost to Kim; it would be great if Kim finally wins a slam...

CJ07
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:14 PM
well I dont want to see her lose either, really I never thought she would lose untill they said game set match. But put it in perspective. If she won the tournament it would be great, but she would be complacent and then get sloppy. I think shes crazy determined now and will go on a tear. Sides, she needs time to get 100% healthy

Ballbuster
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:15 PM
No!

Rather disappointed.

cool bird
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:17 PM
That's just one tennis match. :eek: People should just move on already... Haters and admirers.

Yeah I agree time to move on. AND WATCH THE ATP

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:18 PM
i'm over the loss but it's disappointing cuz we've waited so long to see her on court. I think it's that reason more than anything.

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:19 PM
That's just one tennis match. :eek: People should just move on already... Haters and admirers.
Everyone deals with loss and devastation in different times. Yes it's just a game, but I think some people fail to understand the effect Venus has had on some of her fans (like me). See my sig. for me ;)

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:53 PM

Oh I see so if you are not an admirer of Venus that makes you a hater? What a bogus thing to say.......

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Um everyone will lose this tournament except one person. When you think of it like that it really puts it in perspective. As the saying goes

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE....

and since that one is not venus or serena may it be lindsay or myskina or kim.

Ballbuster
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Everyone deals with loss and devastation in different times. Yes it's just a game, but I think some people fail to understand the effect Venus has had on some of her fans (like me). See my sig. for me ;)

You need medical help. That kind of behavior is over the top. You cannot be black. Black people don't act like that.

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:12 PM
You need medical help. That kind of behavior is over the top. You cannot be black. Black people don't act like that.
You're pathetic. God don't see color. It's sad that in our world today, you still do.

Ballbuster
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:19 PM
You're pathetic. God don't see color. It's sad that in our world today, you still do.

You are right! God Allegedly don't see color, but I do and so do the people around me.

By the way, what nationality are you? Because, black people don't act like you.

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:20 PM
:rolleyes: Talk about overanalysing a sentence Jakeev. I just meant to say, people should get over that match, whether they are happy or not about the result.
Sorry Andy I just get so tired that when it comes to the sisters you are either an admirer or a hater and that pisses me off because you don't necessarily have to be a hater if you are not an admirer.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:06 PM

Thank you...can u say that again please?!?!?!

Ryan
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:09 PM
You are right! God Allegedly don't see color, but I do and so do the people around me.

By the way, what nationality are you? Because, black people don't act like you.

Now thats a racist statement if I've never heard one.

Pinkie
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Call me crazy, but now that I think about it, I'm glad that Venus lost. Granted its a smudge on her record but I think going out early has its advantages.

My feeling is that Venus just needs to get a few matches under her belt, become match tough. On the other hand, I have heard some comments about Venus needing to overhaul some aspects of her game in order to be able to compete on the absolute highest level. It will be interesting to see in the next few weeks which one of the two is right.

Vitto de Bever
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:25 PM
I'm always happy when one of the Williams' sisters loses, their arrogant behaviour is often bad publicity for tennis.