PDA

View Full Version : ESPN to show agassi instead of henin davenport quarters

Justinefan
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:29 PM
On ESPN's website their tv schedule says that they are showing andre agassi vs. Sebastian Grosjean at 1030... why would they do that?? This is the one match everyone has been talking about.. I think its' time we all let espn how know how we feel about this..

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:31 PM
OMG!!!! how can they let go of this epic match?????

Scotso
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:44 PM
:fiery:

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:10 PM
OMG what bull shit. :fiery:

treufreund
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:18 PM
On TV they are scrolling that they will show Agassi vs Grosjean AND Davenport vs Henin-Hardenne.

tjord00
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:45 PM
They might show the Davenport/Henin match tomorrow on ESPN daytime coverage...

treufreund
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:03 PM
tomorrow will be Roddick vs Safin

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Are you guys honestly surprised?

kerbear
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:07 PM
they show that they will show both, not sure how much of either but women first and then the men

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Hope that Grosjean doesn't force it 5 sets.

LindsayRocks89
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
on the schedule for matches it shows lindsay's match is before agassi's so hopefully theyll show it

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:21 PM
They won't.

If Andre is playing, ESPN WILL show Andre.

Please don't get your hopes up.

Mikey
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:29 PM
It said that coverage tonight will be of both Andre and Lindsay. You'll notice on the schedule that Andre vs. Sebastien is AFTER Lindsay vs. Justine, so they're probably going to go with Lindsay's match first. They have been going in schedule order of matches of the one's they are planning on covering lately - which makes sense, as they can then tape all of their show and then show that rather than tape one part and then go back and make it seem like they have no idea what happened in the original match, which would be utterly ridiculous.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:45 PM
When has ESPN advertised a women's match when the men's top half is being played?

If Agassi is playing at 10:30, they will show him live. I'll be right, and let you know about it.

Ryan
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:28 PM
:rolleyes: They said both matches would be shown, and I'm betting Lindsay-Henin will be first.

Mikey
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:36 PM
When has ESPN advertised a women's match when the men's top half is being played?

If Agassi is playing at 10:30, they will show him live. I'll be right, and let you know about it.
I highly doubt it, but we shall see.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Since it's raining we should hope it rains more until we can see the lindsay-henin match live :p

GoSandrine
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:13 PM
They'll probably show match point of Henin-Davenport on tape. :rolleyes: We'll be lucky if we get a game or two which is pure :bs:

Lindsay A Davenport
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Doesn't anyone appreciate my stellar game?

Keith17
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Since it's raining we should hope it rains more until we can see the lindsay-henin match live :p
The rain delay should only be affecting the junior's matches, which were supposed to start an hour ago.

I'm assuming they'll use the roof on RLA.

cathy r.
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I hope Lindsay totally SQUASHES JHH. I was really upset when i saw that JHH accused Lindsay of fabricating an injury! I would call that projection--JHH seems to have injuries and time-outs whenever convenient. I think JHH is a very poor sport!!!!!!!!

Greenout
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:52 AM
The roof is closed today on Rod Laver. The men's doubles match is
on right now. I'll be getting' my coverage today featuring Juju vs LD.
I feel gutted for you guys being screwed by ESPN.

ktwtennis
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:01 AM
They'll show Agassi live and whatever time's left, they'll show women's...:rolleyes:

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Well, at least the dubs is going the distance so far!!! Who knows, the timing could still work out pretty well! 2 tiebreak sets and a long 3rd set, and there we go- live women's tennis quarterfinal!!!!

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:36 AM
What is really sad is that I will probably sign off and not watch the match point by point on the internet just so I can enjoy it on TV. And then I'll get to see a few points of a match I chose to wait several hours for when I could have known the score in advance. ESPN sucks, but what else is new......Better than nothing I guess......

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Oh, and go Etlis/Rodriguez, hold!!! Good now it's 3-3, now go Nestor/Knowles, hold!!!! I don't think I've ever been this much of a fair weather fan, but I just want this match to go LOOOOOONG!!!!!

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Perfect, no breaks of serve, looks like another tiebreak, or at least a 3rd set...

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:09 AM
This is working out perfectly!!! 2 long tiebreak sets split between the 2 doubles teams!!!! Now just keep it close in the second and we should definitely pick up live ladies action!!!! I don't think I ever wanted a men's doubles match to go long, but there's a first time for everything!

Keith17
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Yes, it's good news. :)

harloo
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:19 AM
They will show Andre first, and eventually get around to showing Lindsay and Justine. I don't understand the suprise. They will show Lindsay and Justine in it's entirety whether it be tonight or tommorow.

Keith17
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:20 AM
They will show Andre first, and eventually get around to showing Lindsay and Justine. I don't understand the suprise. They will show Lindsay and Justine in it's entirety whether it be tonight or tommorow.
It's possible if both Andre and Andy's matches go long, that they won't show the women's match.