PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay to Justine: "I will eat your children" (article)

MarcusRock
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Lindsay Hungry for a Quarterfinal Win

by PAM SHRIVEL

MELBOURNE, Australia, Jan. 25 -- 2000 Australian Open champion Lindsay Davenport has a message for Justine Henin-Hardenne before they square off in their quarterfinal match: Watch your back. Davenport, the fifth seed in this year’s Australian Open apparently wants to settle the score with top seed Henin-Hardenne, who dispatched of Lindsay in the fourth round of last year’s Open in a three set thriller.

“This year’s going to be different,” says Davenport. “I was sort of thrown off rhythm by her cramping tactics last year, but this is a whole new year and I’m much more prepared for what might happen should I take a lead in the match.”

Davenport is referring to the injury timeout taken by Henin-Hardenne during their 2003 match, where Henin-Hardenne, serving at 0-15, 7-7 in the final set, suddenly collapsed to the ground, citing leg cramps. Upon returning to the court following the timeout, Henin-Hardenne managed to produce a second serve ace, held serve then rolled on to take the 3rd set 9-7.

These two have a history of “injury-gate” matches including a 2002 Swisscom semifinal match in Zurich, Switzerland where Henin-Hardenne accused the statuesque Davenport of “carrying on and crying” over an ankle injury suffered during the match, which Davenport won, 7-6, 7-6.

“The way I see it, we’re pretty much even on those types of things,” said Davenport via mobile phone. “So if she decides to start this up again, I’m not taking any prisoners. In fact, I vow to eat her children if she even thinks of pulling such a stunt.”

The currently childless Henin-Hardenne, when told of the threat, took the message in stride. “It’s always these things with the other players. Being number one now, they would all like to beat me and eat my children when I have them so I am always just out there fighting hard trying to win for sure.”

When asked about the unusual nature of Davenport’s comments, Henin-Hardenne revealed that it was in fact Serena Williams who first introduced the idea of a low-carb infant diet. “After our Wimbledon match, she greeted me at the net with a smile and told me that the next time she beat me, she’d be sure to eat my first born child to add to my pain. I don’t think she likes that I am number one now and have won Grand Slams.”

WTA Tour CEO Larry Scott was unavailable for comment concerning the threats of child consumption.

SJW
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
:lol:

OMG you're so stupid ROTFLMFAO :haha:

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM
hahahahaha, eating her children, i didn't realize Serena and Lindsey were on speaking terms

Bezz
:lol: - if only it were true :angel: .;)

pigam
:spit: :lol:
FUNNY! :haha:
Poor Justine :sad: ;)

Linnie
:haha:

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:56 PM
MR, you really need help! :spit:

Rocketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Marcus you are out there man! :lol:

Don't ever change...;)

Astro Jetson
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:11 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Martian KC
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:15 PM
~_~

bubbliscious
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:16 PM
So ridiculous !

SerialKiller#69
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
:lol:

DelMonte
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:26 PM
hilarious stuff!!

schris
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:38 PM
:d

Warrior
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LUIS9
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:58 PM
This is rather funny, too funny i would say, but it was obvious when i saw the name Pam Shrivel, oh boy is one of those pseudo articles however hilarious lol!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pamela Shriver
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:32 PM

by PAM SHRIVEL

MELBOURNE, Australia, Jan. 25 -- 2000 Australian Open champion Lindsay Davenport has a message for Justine Henin-Hardenne before they square off in their quarterfinal match: Watch your back. Davenport, the fifth seed in this year’s Australian Open apparently wants to settle the score with top seed Henin-Hardenne, who dispatched of Lindsay in the fourth round of last year’s Open in a three set thriller.

“This year’s going to be different,” says Davenport. “I was sort of thrown off rhythm by her cramping tactics last year, but this is a whole new year and I’m much more prepared for what might happen should I take a lead in the match.”

Davenport is referring to the injury timeout taken by Henin-Hardenne during their 2003 match, where Henin-Hardenne, serving at 0-15, 7-7 in the final set, suddenly collapsed to the ground, citing leg cramps. Upon returning to the court following the timeout, Henin-Hardenne managed to produce a second serve ace, held serve then rolled on to take the 3rd set 9-7.

These two have a history of “injury-gate” matches including a 2002 Swisscom semifinal match in Zurich, Switzerland where Henin-Hardenne accused the statuesque Davenport of “carrying on and crying” over an ankle injury suffered during the match, which Davenport won, 7-6, 7-6.

“The way I see it, we’re pretty much even on those types of things,” said Davenport via mobile phone. “So if she decides to start this up again, I’m not taking any prisoners. In fact, I vow to eat her children if she even thinks of pulling such a stunt.”

The currently childless Henin-Hardenne, when told of the threat, took the message in stride. “It’s always these things with the other players. Being number one now, they would all like to beat me and eat my children when I have them so I am always just out there fighting hard trying to win for sure.”

When asked about the unusual nature of Davenport’s comments, Henin-Hardenne revealed that it was in fact Serena Williams who first introduced the idea of a low-carb infant diet. “After our Wimbledon match, she greeted me at the net with a smile and told me that the next time she beat me, she’d be sure to eat my first born child to add to my pain. I don’t think she likes that I am number one now and have won Grand Slams.”

WTA Tour CEO Larry Scott was unavailable for comment concerning the threats of child consumption.
Jeepers, did you hack into my laptop!?

jenny161185
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Great article Pam :)!!!!!!!!

deej_01
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:48 PM
This would have so wonderful if it were true. I would love for Lindsay to bust out with something like that.

JustineTime
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:35 PM
:confused:

:scratch:

:unsure:

:awww:

:(

:mad:

:fiery:

:shout:

:explode:

:angel:
:)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Ha good I am glad she said that. Justine :devil: does do that and that is why I can't stand her. If she is playing a 15 year old she has no problem, but let her play someone like Jennifer or Lindsay and she gets cramps what a cheater.(oh my leg oh never mind i am fine now) :fiery: I hope Lindsay kicks her ass.

Justine=BIG TIME CHEATER :mad: :fiery:

Hurley
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:55 PM
:haha: That was pretty damn funny.

treufreund
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Lindsay back to her gluttonous, overeating ways?? :haha:

tennischick
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:03 PM
i like the author's name: PAM SHRIVEL. LOL!!!!! ;)

LindsayRocks89
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:26 PM
this article is hilarious!!!

M&M
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:49 PM

Cilla
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:50 PM

Sonja
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Marcus you always seem to outdo yourself!!

Lindsay A Davenport
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Sorry, but I have a thing about eating children from same sex couples.

Leo_DFP
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:17 AM
:lol: :clap2:

Leo_DFP
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Sorry, but I have a thing about eating children from same sex couples.
Erm? Explanation please?

MisterQ
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:21 AM

Well done, MarcusRock. :yeah:

WTTA Game
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:21 AM

Rothes
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Excellent Marcus!!!

WTTA Game
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:27 AM

by PAM SHRIVEL

Best part ever... :lol: :tape: :haha:

volley1
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:28 AM
You the man Marcus. :bounce: :worship: :lol:

cathy r.
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I can't stand JHH--she's another Hingis--no class, no character. Lindsay is the completer opposite; class and character in abundance.

Diya
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:51 AM
:lol: :o

jbone_0307
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:00 AM
This was better tham serena article on the Mink she had.

hewittrok
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:08 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hnwortman
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Lindsay is one of those Williams sisters. She needs to face her losses in stride and that getting revenge on someone never pays. If she wants to be a good example, than she must start working on her pride and ego.

Rub
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:45 AM
for a moment i actually believed it!

nice funny stuff! :lol:

DunkMachine
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Davenport meets Mike Tyson. :lol:

WTTA Game
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Apparently Justine ate Lindsay today...:sad:

Chance
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:33 PM