PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Venus...

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:44 PM
What a loss and on a friday night at that...ANYWAY...IT's a new week and I am over it...GET YOUR SHIT TOGATHER YOUNG LADY...;) :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

To be fair...I think our expectations were a bit much...:tape:

Rocketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Ah, finally able to talk about it? eh? :wavey:

pigam
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:46 PM
I say; Thanks venus for having the guts to compete for the first time after 6months and doing it @ a GS! Very brave! :D

And thanks for putting some of us fans with their feet back on the ground ;)

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks Venus that you are just playing again!! It´s been 6 veerrrryyyyy long months without watching you those wicked backhands.

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:53 PM
:tape: @ Cam's sig *oh no he didn't!*

:wavey: Rocke!

err, thanks Venus for being great. you're not going to win every single tournament you enter and thanks for making me accept that for the umpteenth time!

Rocketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:57 PM
:tape: @ Cam's sig *oh no he didn't!*

:wavey: Rocke!

err, thanks Venus for being great. you're not going to win every single tournament you enter and thanks for making me accept that for the umpteenth time!
:lol:, Yeah Thanks Venus for making us except that...:unsure:

:p

Hey Cari!! :wavey:

Nabalonge
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I'm happy she came back, was able to come back and as a fan, made me realize how lucky I am. I'm glad she's healthy and has the spirit for the game still. Venus just needs time and more on court play. She will be fine.

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
:haha: :haha: :p

Ok, maybe I'm in denial of her loss. and I'm trying to be diplomatic/zen about it.

:D :tape:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
:haha: :haha: :p

Ok, maybe I'm in denial of her loss. and I'm trying to be diplomatic/zen about it.

:D :tape:
GET EM GIRL...:tape:

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM
OMFG! STFU, Cam! *dead* :tape: ;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I she still in Melbourne? I'm just wondring if she and hingis met already as a tourist!!!

Well, I'm sure with this loss, Venus will want more!!!!

RAA
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
oh lord, it took me all weekend to get over this. I admit, I was being a "bad" fan and not even wanting to be the least bit happy for lisa raymond for a great match and a great win.

but there, I said it, great match by lisa and great win by her. really.

it just took he a bit, um, by surprise shall we say.

mentos
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
The Veenix will rise again...she WILL...she SAID so herself.
GO VENUS!!!

Sofiane
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Venus lost, but she looked very good with the hat and the new outfit :).

kaki
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I've to admit that I was very happy to see my fave player,playing again,also,she has a very nice body!!!when she was commiting all those ugly UE,I was only focusing on her model's body.Don't take me wrong

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
I tried to take as much good from that match as possible. The 14 aces that venus had in that match was very impressive, and I am glad that she has decided to go for her second serves. I'd rather see her miss a 80mph second serve than see her put in a 60 mph second serve, it's almost the same as double faulting. In the back of my head I keep hearing Martina N. telling Lisa R. to throw "junk" at Venus. I remember during the 2001 Wimbledon match against Martina Hingis, when asked how she would play Venus, Martina N. replied "I would junk Venus. I would throw in a few slices, some no paced returns. etc.

Mase
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
What a loss and on a friday night at that...ANYWAY...IT's a new week and I am over it...GET YOUR SHIT TOGATHER YOUNG LADY...;) :kiss: :hearts: :hearts:

To be fair...I think our expectations were a bit much...:tape:
Maybe it was all that sitting in the tree that helped you get over it huh? :devil::lick: Now that was fun.......

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Maybe it was all that sitting in the tree that helped you get over it huh? :devil::lick: Now that was fun.......
um, probably TMI, Masey-poo.

btw, where's my invitation, bitch? :kiss:

Hots4Safin
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:12 PM
it's Monday, a new week, and I've had ample time to deal and reflect. I think I was in shock during the whole tiebreak and Venus teased me with that Ace to start the tiebreak...but alas, she's out. It's okay...and I can now say that my expectations WERE TOO HIGH. But I will also say that I was impressed by some of the things she's tweaked in her game. When she was serving up those ace bombs in the second set, her head was staying up and she KNEW she needed that next gear...but at that point in the match, it was too late. She needed that from the beginning against a VERY motivated Lisa Raymond. I know have a new hatred for NAV b/c I think she is so threatened by the sisters and the attention they take away from her. But whatever, I digress.

I think Venus will be very eager to avenge that defeat in her upcoming tournaments...one step at a time Vee. I think the Nasdaq 100 will be where the sisters begin reclaiming their respective thrones atop the WTA tour. Hopefully Venus will turn it around on Serena there like baby sis did two years ago. All in due time girls.

By the way, Lisa Raymond played a helluva match. props. And who was the blonde weaved lady sitting in front of Oracene during the match?? I've never seen her before.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Yes it was...to bad the cops broke it up...:tape:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:17 PM
btw, where's my invitation, bitch? :kiss:
Well...if you did'nt get one...:tape: (exclusive guest list my dear...:angel: )

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Well...if you did'nt get one...:tape: (exclusive guest list my dear...:angel: )
ok, you can put me in your sig but not in your wedding... :scratch: :spit:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:26 PM
ok, you can put me in your sig but not in your wedding... :scratch: :spit:
Well, to be honest, you are gonna get one but not till the day before...you tend to let things out of the bag...:tape:

harloo
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry guys, but until after this tournament is over I am not going to be over it. :sad: :)

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Well, to be honest, you are gonna get one but not till the day before...you tend to let things out of the bag...:tape:
:sad:

I can't help that I'm loud...

wait TMI...

:hug: @ harloo :kiss:

dreamgoddess099
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Venus has had a much much much bigger loss in the past five months than this and she still came back to play tennis. This loss was nothing compared to the loss of her sister. If she can cope with that loss and still move foreward, then losing a tennis match surely will not kill her spirit. I like what I'm seeing in Venus even with the losses. To me she could lose a thousand matches and she will still be a great player. No amount of losses can ever take away her abilities.

Mase
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM
:sad:

I can't help that I'm loud...

wait TMI...

:hug: @ harloo :kiss:
You know your going to be invited, I'm going to need a best woman of course... :lol::tape::kiss:

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Thanks Venus for proving to me you are the only woman to make me have happy and sad tears this week.

I love you, and I hope you return stronger.

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:59 PM
You know your going to be invited, I'm going to need a best woman of course... :lol::tape::kiss:
:hearts: :bounce: :kiss:

oh, great, that means my duties include... :tape:

*cough*