PDA

View Full Version : All Of My Favorites Are......

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:04 PM
....FALLING LIKE FLIES!!!!aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!! My Venus is gone(she'll be back!!!), Guga is gone (I'm not sure if he'll ever be the same again!!?) Lleyton is gone ( damn u Roger!!!). All I have left are Andy and Lindsay. C'mon Lindsay!!! C'mon Andy!! Let's do it for Gangstabackhand!!!!

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Try finding some faves that haven't won slams, or haven't won anything... you get used to it.

Glenn
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I have Justine, Fabiola, Roger and Andre left.
One of those has to win!

Allez-H
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I have Justine,Kim,Roger,Hicham,Juan-Carlos,Marat and Andre left :)
So it's still a pretty good tournament for me now.

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Man.....only got Roger and Marat left....I just cheer for Kim now, because I don´t want another certain someone to get ( even more!)cocky.

Siyasema
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Venus was my fave, but now that she's out I'm putting my support behind Lindsay. As for the men, Guga is out, James Blake, but Juan Carlos/Andrea/Marat/Roger/Nalbandian are still in so there's much more enjoyment there lol.

LindsayRulez
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:24 PM
If your fave has lost this tournament, then your support for LINDSAY will be much appreciated!! ;)

Sammm
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:57 PM
ALL of my faves are out. Nathalie and tatiana were the last remaining ones. I have Seb in the men's, but he plays Agassi next. GULP!

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:00 PM
women: Kim and Lindsay :sad:
men: Andy, Dre, Safin, Arazi, Fed & Juanqi :bounce:

JLDementieva
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Try finding some faves that haven't won slams, or haven't won anything... you get used to it.
Yeah! Got that right!

Sammm
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Actually, I quite like marat aswell.

great smash
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Man.....only got Roger and Marat left....I just cheer for Kim now, because I don´t want another certain someone to get ( even more!)cocky.So you DO think Kim is capable of beating Justine in a GS final:eek: ;)

Allez-H
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
men: Andy, Dre, Safin, Arazi, Fed & Juanqi :bounce:
Hey,besides Andy,whe have the same favs left!

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Lindsyarulez, U know that I am a huge Lindsay fan. I cheer for her everytime, unless she is playing Venus. lol!! It would be great to see Lindsay win this thing. It would bring her much needed confidence to get through the rest of this year.

Cariaoke
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Hey,besides Andy,whe have the same favs left!
:D :rocker2:

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
So you DO think Kim is capable of beating Justine in a GS final:eek: ;)

More not wanting Juju win, then believing Kim is gonna win...it may even be Linds.

Allez-H
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
More not wanting Juju win, then believing Kim is gonna win...it may even be Linds.
I sure do not want you to get dissapointed ;)

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I sure do not want you to get dissapointed ;)

:lol: I´m already banking on me being dissapointed...Justine is sooo good in raising her level when it matters, that I´m afraid that none of the players left can stop her from winning.

Where´s Serena, when you need her?! :lol:

Crazy_Fool
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Justine is still in, Linday is still in, Amelie is still in. Andre is still in, Marat is still in, Juan Carlos is still in.

Lleyton is out, Vera is out and Guga is out.

Still got loads to support. *Hoping they dont get knocked out in the next day or 2*

kerbear
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
You guys are all lucky of my two favs (Andre and Jenn) one didn't even play! Still getting to cheer for Andre though.

Still cheering for Momo and Nastya :)

LUIS9
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah unfortunately two of my favorites had to meet last night, unfortunately Hewitt couldnt win, but Federer did and for some reason i wanted more for Federer to win because of the head to head, besides poor Hewitts grand slam hopes have been slipping out of his hand. Safin is back, along with Federer i am looking for these two to have much success this season if they continue playing like they have so far as well as what they are capable of producing. I am really looking forward for Safin to set it clear that Andy may be #1 but not for long, hopefuly i wont have to bite my own words, i dont mean it in a nasty way, i just dont find anything particularly attractive in Andy's game except for his monster serve and his ordinary huge forehand. I still appreciate Agassis clean ground stroke lessons out there, such great hand eye coordination, but somehow he always came second to Sampras and now that all the new guys arrived, Haas, Safin and Federer along with Hewitt he takes second place to them as well, nonetheless theres so much to admire in this guy. By the way wasnt Haas scheduled to play this fortnight? Whats going on with him, yes i know this is a wta board. Now in the womens side i no longer have a clear favorite, Hingis is no longer around, I am sort of partial towards Clijsters, at some point during the middle of 02 and early part of 03 i liked Henin but it was just because i was looking for a replacement of hingis, but thats never going to happen. I admire Lindsays clean ground stroke hitting and shes got pretty good hands, the one player i am really looking forward to revamping is Hantuchova shes got the closest game to the all court player that Hingis was along with Mauresmo i think those two may be players who in a not so distant future i may root for, however they both are head cases. One cant help it but admire the Williams Sisters, Serena for her power and Venus for her regal and statutesque figure, they are the best athletes out there when healthy, Venus has a pretty solid all around game, its really that erratic serve and forehand pair thats impeding her from being the dominant #1. So i dont know i'd be equally happy if Clijsters,Mauresmo or Daverport Win i guess i'd be partially more towards Clijsters because shes yet to get her 1st slam, maybe that will bring in her the fire power she needs to compete against the Williams sister and bring back competitive tennis at the very top. The same goes for Mauresmo.

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:12 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! ! THEY'RE ALL GONE!!! LINDSAY *koff *koff DAVENPORT IS GONE!! ANDY*how can u let that second serve beat u* RODDICK IS GONE!! THIS OPEN IS CLOSED FOR ME!! I'M GONNA GO READ VENUS ENVY AGAIN!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!1

starr
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
When all your faves are out of the tournament, it's gets kind of fun in a way. You can watch just for the tennis and not be all emotionally involved. There are great players left to watch in this tournament. The men's side is especially dramatic this year unlike many years when there have been unsual semifinalists and finalists. I think this tournament is having a very exciting finish. We are going to have a new champion on the women's side and perhaps a new one on the men's side as well.

gmak
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:33 PM
well lindsay is out and amelie is out too

i was hoping for a kim-lindsay/amelie final :( :sad:

instead of that i get to see kim vs the troll once again :mad: and i'm not even sure kim will be there

SerialKiller#69
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
:lol:

I still have Kim and Justine. I won't be too disappointed for a long long time.