PDA

View Full Version : Myskina is very impressive!

LindsayRulez
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:40 PM
This week I stated that IF Myskina were to make it to the quarterfinals, she would lose easily to Kim Clijsters. Someone said to me "c'mon, don't you think she's in the top 10 for a reason?" I thought to myself "no, not really." I hadn't seen her play on tv all that much - I saw her against Jennifer at Wimbledon and she was not impressive at all; at the YEC this year she seemed okay, but very streaky; but now watching her match against Chanda, she has magnificent ground strokes, much better than I have ever seen from her. If she had a decent serve, she could really challenge all the top players.

Good luck in the quarters against Kim!

Jem
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I have to agree! I've never been a huge Myskina fan, and always thought she was a bit overrated. But the girl's got game. Her groundstrokes are remarkable. I love a flatly hit ball, and she's so versatile off both the forehand and backhand. Not to mention her movement. She's superb side to side. I'm guessing the big hitters give her lots of problems, but she certainly doesn't push the ball. Congrats to Myskina and good luck against Clijsters!

Experimentee
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I thought she didnt play well at all, only started to improve when Chanda choked and let her back into the match. She should have lost the 1st set much more easily than 7-6. Both players were not even close to the level of Kim.

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:50 PM
This week I stated that IF Myskina were to make it to the quarterfinals, she would lose easily to Kim Clijsters. Someone said to me "c'mon, don't you think she's in the top 10 for a reason?" I thought to myself "no, not really."
Didn't i say that to u?? like the thread was like easy draws and you were saying Kim has a pretty easy draw since she has Myskina, but yea, Hopefully Myskina can play her game and do her best, and hopefully have a W next to her name

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I thought she didnt play well at all, only started to improve when Chanda choked and let her back into the match. She should have lost the 1st set much more easily than 7-6. Both players were not even close to the level of Kim.

Kim herself wasn´t all that hot against Farina-Elia either, I might add...

Joachim
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM
yes, but Kim will beat Myskina.

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM
we will see 2m

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
I think Myskina playes great beating Chanda but I also think Kim is better on both wings than Chanda that Nastasia's groundstroke would not be set-up like that. I'm thinking of a close match though.

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I hope the Kim loses 2m and that Justine loses today, just cause i like Lindsey and Myskina better, but if they win, they win, good for them, im very concern that Myskina will have a bad serving day 2m, hope she doesn't though, GO QF's!!! it will be great (if all of them happens)

LindsayRulez
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Didn't i say that to u?? like the thread was like easy draws and you were saying Kim has a pretty easy draw since she has Myskina, but yea, Hopefully Myskina can play her game and do her best, and hopefully have a W next to her name
YES, I think it was you as a matter of fact. Now I can say that you were definitely right! :wavey:

FLL
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Nastya can do it. She has a 3-3 H2H with Kim so she knows she can do it. She will!

jenny161185
Jan 26th, 2004, 07:41 PM
yeah I thought the same but this girl can sure hit a ball , think Kim will make it through to the semis