PDA

View Full Version : Myriam Casanova..tubby?

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Did anybody read that article in an Australian newspaper
where a columnist said the women's game is dead because
the lower ranked players are too lazy and out of shape to make
any effort to challenge top dogs of the game? He sighted
the tubby Myriam Casanova in yesterday's doubles match
as a prime example of doing nothing and getting paid.

* It's in the new edition of the newspaper called
the AUSTRALIAN and the writer's name is Patrick Smith.

Experimentee
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Most newspaper writers dont know the first ting about tennis, s they're paid to write about all sports. And Australian writers always bash the womens game since we dont have any top women. :rolleyes:
Myriam has a gland problem btw.

Sammm
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Who the hell is Mariam Casanova? Do you mean Myriam? Who cares what some journalist that no-one's even heard of writes.

canoe.
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Australian newspaper
the tubby Myriam Casanova
the AUSTRALIAN and the writer's name is Patrick Smith
How convienent[sp] to pick one player to try and prove his "point".I guess he hasn't been watching the atp matches,and all the thrashings the top players have handed out.

I'm convinced that its' not the players who should be getting tested for drugs its' the catty,bitchy journalists. :lol:....article (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8495747%255E12270,00.html).MEOW

Beat
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:14 PM
i'm fairly certain that right now myriam casanova is actually paying more than she's getting paid.

doby
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:23 PM
:o GAWD!!Whats' Smith's problem?Someone move his food bowl or something?
A women's double match yesterday featured 18-year-old Myriam Casanova who appeared out of condition. The girl most likely of 2001, American Ashley Harkleroad, does not have the figure of an elite sportswoman, yet she can maintain a ranking of 46 in the world. It is not a good look for the sp
Talking about weight "issues"..I guess Smith has never seen the Pillsbury Dough Boy..aka..Taylor Dent!!So is that why Dent got his fat ass kicked because he is too fat?

bis2806
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:27 PM
i've known it from the beginning that myriam needs to lose weight.... i mean the same applies for MGM obviously..

alexusjonesfan
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM
She has a thyroid problem.

And the writer seems to be on crack :p

Sammm
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:54 PM
i've known it from the beginning that myriam needs to lose weight.... i mean the same applies for MGM obviously..
I'm seeing a pattern! :lol: Too much swiss chocolate? I don't blame them it is delicious:drool: .

King Aaron
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
i'm fairly certain that right now myriam casanova is actually paying more than she's getting paid.
:eek: :sad: Hmmm.

Brαm
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:19 PM
She looks great here :D :cool: :yeah:

http://www.sports-awards.ch/images/medium/bild_23.jpg

Rothes
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:41 PM
If the Journalists had half a brain, they would realise that Myriam is suffering from a A Thyroid Glandular Problem before they open their traps :mad: :fiery:

Lisbeth
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Well everyone knows only skinny minnies can play good tennis, just ask Serena - or for that matter Kim, Lindsay, Jennifer ...

Not saying any of those ladies are overweight by any means. Just that I don't exactly think their games would improve by being more skeletal.

vettipooh
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Maybe now he will find something interesting to write about----'What's lacking in Hewitt's and Philipoussis' game? why did they lose? He want something to write about the women's weight? He should take a look at Hantuchova, Bovina Myskina,Sharapova, and the rest of the Skinny Revolulution.

Vitto de Bever
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:19 AM
This columnist doesn't know the sluightest thing about tennis. There is a huge amount of young hot talent out there. And about Casanova : she has already a WTA title on her palmares : she beat Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in Brussels in 2002.

esquímaux
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:11 AM
...And about Casanova : she has already a WTA title on her palmares : she beat Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in Brussels in 2002.
Hell yeah! GEAUX Myri!!! :yeah:

steve437
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Did anybody read that article in an Australian newspaper
the tubby Myriam Casanova in yesterday's doubles match
as a prime example of doing nothing and getting paid.

the AUSTRALIAN and the writer's name is Patrick Smith.

Well, add Lilia Osterloh to that list! I reckon she beats Miriam Casanova "hands down" (or "hands eating too much cake') on the tubby front. Still, a bit of extra weight can be interesting to watch bounce about on court, particular if it has settled around their chests!

azza
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Or Nicole Kriz :sad:

Elvira
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:00 AM
a columnist said the women's game is dead because
any effort to challenge top dogs of the game

Well, obviously this guy has not been following the tournament very closely, or else he'd see there have been a few upsets by lower ranked players so far, and most of the round of 16 consisted of either unseeded or lower seeded players. :)

SM
Jan 27th, 2004, 06:20 AM
i saw myriam in syd and yes she is way too big i agree but thats biased to single out one player for the purpose of this article!!!

Vitto de Bever
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Or Nicole Kriz :sad:

Nicole Kriz si definately one of the more tubby players, but having seen her in Koksijde I can asure U that she plays great tennis.

Vitto de Bever
Jan 27th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Well, add Lilia Osterloh to that list! I reckon she beats Miriam Casanova "hands down" (or "hands eating too much cake')

Liliah is not tubby at all ! Have U ever seen her in real ? And stop offending her with those cake comments, Lilia is a very nice person and doesn't deserve these comments.

billie_jean_king
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:04 PM
These people need to learn from me. I could teach them how to stay in shape. I mean, I'm all the proof they need - I'm in exceptional shape.

doby
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:10 PM
These people need to learn from me. I could teach them how to stay in shape. I mean, I'm all the proof they need - I'm in exceptional shape.
Yes you are,and we love ya for it!!Now heres' your extra large pizza,chili dog,large fries....and diet coke. :angel:

esquímaux
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Well, add Lilia Osterloh to that list! I reckon she beats Miriam Casanova "hands down" (or "hands eating too much cake') on the tubby front. Still, a bit of extra weight can be interesting to watch bounce about on court, particular if it has settled around their chests!
Ugh....men :rolleyes:....wait a sec...I'm one too! :banghead: