PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo in doubts for her quarterfinal match !

selestribe
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:23 AM
According to French Eurosport commentators, Amélie has got an important torn muscle during her match against Alicia Molik which is terribly painful especially when she hits backhands.
Since yesterday she has got medical care for that, but she's preparing to withdraw if playing another match would make the injury get worse.
She is supposed to practise tomorrow to see if it's ok, but she isn't too optimistic. Anyway, she will take the decision to play or not after her practice.
Another injury ... and possibly another withdrawal ! :sad:
But nothing's official right now ...

per4ever
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:24 AM
oh damn you were first :p We posted at the same time...

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:28 AM
so that means that zoolander may be in the semis? Oh boy!

skanky~skanketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:37 AM
oh god!she is so injury plagued fucking hell!its so unfair for her!

Rub
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:38 AM
poor momo... she was playing extremely well just to know she couldn't continue... i hope she's okay and healthy!

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:45 AM
According to French Eurosport commentators, Amélie has got an important torn muscle during her match against Alicia Molik which is terribly painful especially when she hits backhands.
Since yesterday she has got medical care for that, but she's preparing to withdraw if playing another match would make the injury get worse.
She is supposed to practise tomorrow to see if it's ok, but she isn't too optimistic. Anyway, she will take the decision to play or not after her practice.
Another injury ... and possibly another withdrawal ! :sad:
But nothing's official right now ...

On this side of the planet "tomorrow" is already today, Monday.
The schedule for Tuesday is already up. She has practiced and
most likely tested it out today. There's no word yet, so I'll
assume that they bandage the hell out of AM and get her thru
onto the semi finals.

HectorMagnus
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Inquiétude pour Mauresmo
Le clan français est inquiet. D'après plusieurs sources, Amélie Mauresmo se serait blessée en huitièmes de finale et souffrirait d'une déchirure intercostale. Elle pourrait renoncer à disputer son quart de finale face à la Colombienne Fabiola Zuluaga.

"Déchirure intercostale" it's torn intercostal, isn't?! Well, serving with this, is, hmmm,:rolleyes: more than difficult... :rolleyes:

Daniel
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:11 AM
so that means that zoolander may be in the semis? Oh boy!yeah that means Fabiola Zulaga could be in the semis. :)

selestribe
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:47 AM
According to Eurosport:

Injury could stop Amélie

Fourth seed Amélie Mauresmo is reportedly "highly uncertain" for her Australian Open quarter-final clash Tuesday with Fabiola Zuluaga. The Frenchwoman tore a rib-cage muscle in her win on Sunday over Australia's Alicia Molik and did not train Monday because of the intense pain.

canoe.
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:51 AM
:o Didn't she have the exact same injury right before Wimbledon last year?Its' a shame she is so injury prone.

jenny161185
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
this has to be the most unlucky girl in tennis history she's never going to get the chance to fulfill her full potential

paellapan
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:22 PM
what a shame indeed :o

Jem
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:28 PM
this has to be the most unlucky girl in tennis history she's never going to get the chance to fulfill her full potential

Actually, I think that honor must go to Monica Seles. Mo Connolly would be my choice for the runner-up in this category.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Poor Amelie!!!!

I just dont understand this players taking all their energy in the early rounds winning 6:2 6:0 or 6:1 and nothing left on a bigger matches. I mean, if you know you can win relaxly even if its 6:4 , why not? Save you energy on a bigger matches.

Experimentee
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:38 PM
It would take more energy to win 6-4 instead of 6-1 because you're out on court for longer :rolleyes:

jenglisbe
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Let's just hold the all-Belgian final tomorrow so we can go ahead and know who will be champ...

Tratree
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Poor Amelie :( I tore an intercostal muscle (between the ribs) and it feels like you have a broken rib. Kills every time you inhale or exhale, much less whack a tennis ball. She is certainly unlucky.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:43 PM
It would take more energy to win 6-4 instead of 6-1 because you're out on court for longer :rolleyes:Thats not necessarily true!!!! I can play relaxly and know I am winning with a 6:4. You just need one break of serve and then you can just concentrate on your game like holding it consistently. Why go for every break? like going into deuces and everything!!!! Men that requires more energy. Staying on court longer does'nt mean requires more energy.

Try to analyze things first before you roll your eyes and show your Idiocy.

alexusjonesfan
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Poor Amelie!!!!

I just dont understand this players taking all their energy in the early rounds winning 6:2 6:0 or 6:1 and nothing left on a bigger matches. I mean, if you know you can win relaxly even if its 6:4 , why not? Save you energy on a bigger matches.
what does the energy to do with this? It's an intercostal muscle tear (suspected to be one anyway) which she's had before and which apparently she re-injured in practice, not during a match...and like Experimentee said, people like Agassi save their energy by finishing their matches quickly, not the other way around.

paellapan
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Thats not necessarily true!!!! I can play relaxly and know I am winning with a 6:4. You just need one break of serve and then you can just concentrate on your game like holding it consistently. Why go for every break? like going into deuces and everything!!!! Men that requires more energy. Staying on court longer does'nt mean requires more energy.

she got injured during training

so, who's showing idiocy here ? :rolleyes:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
what does the energy to do with this? It's an intercostal muscle tear (suspected to be one anyway) which she's had before and which apparently she re-injured in practice, not during a match...and like Experimentee said, people like Agassi save their energy by finishing their matches quickly, not the other way around.
OMG!!!! did'nt u see the article that she reinjured it during Molik match!!!!!????
read the article moron!!!! Well, Dont compare Agassi. He has 5 sets to finish and his competing with a much faster, younger and more powerful ATP players. I guess shorter on court is true to him. Besided breaking of serve from agassi is not something that require energy from him.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:52 PM
she got injured during training

so, who's showing idiocy here ? :rolleyes:
read the article retarded!!!! Its aggravates during her match against Molik!!!!
Why? beacuse she took all her remaining gas against a descent player like molik.

So you think, this injury just happens all of a sudden in her practice????? thats more idiot!!!! Strained muscle just not happen in one day, it was overly used as time goes on!!!!!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM
exactly the point!!!! she has this injury even before. And now she uses her body to the maximum in just her first round against a player ranked in the hundreds!!!!!! whats left facing a bigger ones?

alexusjonesfan
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Official site from Amelie:
Australie: Mauresmo blessée
Amélie Mauresmo pourrait déclarer forfait pour le quart de finale qui doit l'opposer à Zuluaga. La numéro un française s'est blessée à l'entraînement et souffre d'une déchirure intercostale. La Française prendra une décision après le réveil mais la tendance n'est pas à l'optimisme.

So Amélie's official site says she injured it during training. Eurosport says she injured it during the Molik match. And yeah, keep trying to explain your theory about how playing longer takes less energy ;)

*waits to see if said poster can respond without namecalling*

paellapan
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
read the article retarded!!!! Its aggravates during her match against Molik!!!!
Why? beacuse she took all her remaining gas against a descent player like molik.

So you think, this injury just happens all of a sudden in her practice????? thats more idiot!!!! Strained muscle just not happen in one day, it was overly used as time goes on!!!!!

LOL, you're really funny :lol:

but, so why didn't she got injured after a match which she won like 6-1 6-2, since that kind of matches ask so more energy than let's say a 7-5 7-5 ? :confused: :p

alexusjonesfan
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:57 PM
exactly the point!!!! she has this injury even before. And now she uses her body to the maximum in just her first round against a player ranked in the hundreds!!!!!! whats left facing a bigger ones?Riiight, both Amélie and Justine were totally spent after their first round matches because they lost a total of one game between them :o

Atleast Justine has realized that she should lose more games to save energy :lol:

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:57 PM
well if she wasn't injured, don't u think she would beat Fabiola Zulaga easily even though h2h isn't great (5-2 is good not great), but i guess if she is in pain playing on the court, she shouldn't play, even though i think even with that pain she could defeat Zulaga, hope she can play though

Calvin
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Thats not necessarily true!!!! I can play relaxly and know I am winning with a 6:4. You just need one break of serve and then you can just concentrate on your game like holding it consistently. Why go for every break?

youre absolutely right. thats why in tennis the set is over once either player has been broken: winning a set isnt being the first to win 6 games anymore, but just being the first to break the opponents serve. this was one of the major changes in the rules since the introduction of the tie-break.

:wavey:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
You guys should absolutely not using your brains!!! Oh sorry!!!! I think you have it already into maximum use!!!!!! and thats all you can comprehend!!!! No need to explain anymore.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:03 PM
youre absolutely right. thats why in tennis the set is over once either player has been broken: winning a set isnt being the first to win 6 games anymore, but just being the first to break the opponents serve. this was one of the major changes in the rules since the introduction of the tie-break.

:wavey:
At least someone who has brain!!!!

selestribe
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Back on Amélie's injury, I think she would try anyway to play her quarterfinal vs Zuluaga, maybe she would take some 'pain killers' and go for the match ... even unjured, she's able to win it, but a semifinal vs Henin or Davenport, with an injury, that sounds impossible !

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Back on Amélie's injury, I think she would try anyway to play her quarterfinal vs Zuluaga, maybe she would take some 'pain killers' and go for the match ... even unjured, she's able to win it, but a semifinal vs Henin or Davenport, with an injury, that sounds impossible !
After today, I think semis is scheduled on Thursday which is a long rest for her to recover.

great smash
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Another article on Amélie's condition from the heraldsun:

Amelie likely to forfeit
Bruce Matthews
27jan04

A TORN back muscle is expected to force Amelie Mauresmo to forfeit her Australian Open quarter-final today.

Mauresmo will try to practise this morning in a desperate attempt to open the centre court program against Colombia's Fabiola Zuluaga.

The fourth-seeded Frenchwoman felt a sharp pain after hitting a backhand volley in the opening set of her 7-5 7-5 win over Australian Alicia Molik in the fourth round on Sunday.

She completed the match despite the discomfort and an MRI scan that night revealed a 1.5cm tear to a muscle near the base of her back.

Mauresmo was advised that she could play today with a painkilling injection, but that would risk further damage to the muscle.

It's a bitter blow for the world No. 4, who would start a hot favourite to beat Zuluaga, the 32nd seed, for a place in the semi-finals against either Justine Henin-Hardenne or Lindsay Davenport.

The 1999 Open singles finalist has had a history of back problems over the past three years and it's unlikely she would take a risk this time.

Medical opinion was that the injury would need three weeks' rest and to play today could ultimately sideline her for up to two months.

Mauresmo didn't practise yesterday and she has rested as much as possible before the crucial test this morning. She will make a final decision after trying to hit balls at Melbourne Park, and will then advise tournament officials on whether she will try to take the court or pull out of the match.

paellapan
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:16 PM
At least someone who has brain!!!!

How come I'm not surprised you didn't get the irony in David's post :rolleyes:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:22 PM
How come I'm not surprised you didn't get the irony in David's post :rolleyes:
You dont get it and you probably never will!!!! Your brain can only takes this much. If you want i can explain it again next week in time for your brain to recover. BYE!!!!!!!

paellapan
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM
You dont get it and you probably never will!!!! Your brain can only takes this much. If you want i can explain it again next week in time for your brain to recover. BYE!!!!!!!

okay, next week same time, same place then, don't forget to bring your brain too this time :p :lol:

Rocketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM
If she is that hurt she should just withdraw...Although maybe she could still beat Zuluaga but really can she beat anyone in the top 10 with a serious injury? Why not let the healthy player who might have a shot play?

Its a shame and a very sad thing for Momo and her fans....:sad:

That's is the ultimate definition of injury prone...:o

GermanBoy
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes: I wanted Alicia to beat Mauresmo! That would have avoided such a situation. I hope, Mauresmo is able to play. In case Lindsay can`t beat Henin-Hardenne we have another VERY BORING Belgian final...

donna
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Will you guys please stop your moaning!Yes it will be dissapointing if Amelie has to withdraw,but she can`t help being injured.During her Molik match she was in a bit of pain,rubbing her back and grimacing.She`s has been playing wonderful tennis,with alot of self-confidence and talent.All the top players train and play very,very hard.To be competitive thay have to try and hit harder all the time.Many of the players are carrying an injury or getting over one.
As Amelie fans, we want her to win a Grand Slam,and with luck one day she just might do it!

jenglisbe
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Why is everyone being so rude to one another in this thread? Humanity has really gone out the window...

JennyS
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
It's too bad that Amelie is injured. It really sucks.

DannerCal
Jan 26th, 2004, 10:36 PM
It is raining, so maybe she will luck out and get a day of rest.

Leo_DFP
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:25 PM
:rolleyes: I wanted Alicia to beat Mauresmo! That would have avoided such a situation. I hope, Mauresmo is able to play. In case Lindsay can`t beat Henin-Hardenne we have another VERY BORING Belgian final...
Let's just cheer like hell for Lindsay and Anastasia.