PDA

View Full Version : Did Myskina remind anyone of....

UDiTY
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:22 AM
After her match on ESPN they interviewed her in the booth and she seemed to talk a lot like and her voice sounds a lot like...Martina Hingis.

Did anyone else see this?!?!?!

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Hingis is a huge admirer of the Myskina game. Sounds like Hingis,
looks kind of like Marilyn Manson. What's not to love? :lol:

No really. I like her. I've posted that many times before. She's
the most underated player in the top 10.

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Yes, Hingis did say Myskina was her favorite among the top girls these days. Also, they have similar baseline styles except Anastasia goes for a lot more.

jdog3008
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:37 AM
After her match on ESPN they interviewed her in the booth and she seemed to talk a lot like and her voice sounds a lot like...Martina Hingis.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

UDiTY
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Yes, they have similar games...but I was just saying that they seem to talk similarly, have same tone, seems like a close similarity in accent as well...

ys
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:38 AM
The biggest thing that similar between the two is their games.

And I wish Martina was still playing.. :sad:

kournikovafan13
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Nastya hits a lot harder and flatter than Martina.

But yes, they do have similiar accents.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:43 AM

That's EXACTLY the first thing I thought :D Nastya seems like a nice person...but I still don't understand all the fuss about her game. I don't see anything special with it. I even can't understand why she is ranked so high...

Jeff
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:43 AM
So funny! During the interview I thought she sounded like Hingis, too.

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:48 AM
That's EXACTLY the first thing I thought :D Nastya seems like a nice person...but I still don't understand all the fuss about her game. I don't see anything special with it. I even can't understand why she is ranked so high...

I know what you mean? It baffled me too. Watched that final
against NRR-DEN and I couldn't believe Myskina won because
it didn't look like she was doing anything special; but that's
where we are wrong. Myskina does a hell lot on court, and
her baseline passing shots are difficult to read. She doesn't
seem to be moving quickly; but she's very fast. Doesn't make
alot of grunting, so it doesn't look to be heavy hitting; but it's
on the level with everyone else in the top 10. It's more about
the untangibles. Myskina has excellent shot selection and
anticipation of an opponents returns.

LeonHart
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Their games are not alike in anyway. Hingis adds topspin on her shots with some touch. Myskina hits it hard and flat, doesn't really have an all-court game. They did sound a lil alike, I didn't think of it when they were interviewing her though.

JustineTime
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:44 AM

:eek: I thought the SAME EXACT THING! WOW! :eek:

Diya
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Lotsa people missing the great Martina Hingis :worship: but there can't be anyone like her ever again :sad:

sioul
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:52 AM
yes yes, totally felt the same way.that head band....that smile..she's a little bit of a joker like martina, always wanting to have fun. however there court attitudes are very much different but you know what? it was the first time i'd actually seen mysinka play, and i totally understand why martina likes her the best, its not so much the way they hit the ball, but there court sense is quite similar, nastya finds some really unique shots, the way she hits her back hand a little, not so much form but the way she runs into it...reminds me a little of hingis, also that forehand, she doesnt really hit through it sometimes, but its still pretty hard, but when she goes inside out, she catches it from the outside of the ball very similar to the way hingis did :)

JLDementieva
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:29 AM
I thought Anastasia was totally adorable in that interview!! Totally different from when she was on the court! :rolleyes:

Roddick_tease
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Myskina and Hingis are both deceptively quick (or at least Hingis pre-2000), both have great backhands and hit great angles, both have a week slice serve, both hit jaw-dropping shots, both have a similar frame.

Myskina is just, as has been said, much more aggressive and poweful, while Hingis had more variety.

Also Nastya's game is deceptive. She's faster than she looks, she's stronger than she looks, she hits it flatter than it seems, and she anticipates well, and hits well on the run. I think people are underwhelmed with her game because they don't see the huge size, strides, serve, or variety of others. Tennis is multi-dimensional.

Personally, I think Myskina is slowly developing... the best backhand in the game.

*gasp*