PDA

View Full Version : Apology

j_dementieva27
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:50 AM
i would like to apologize for all of the anti-myskina posts and my comments on how shes "over-rated" and "doesnt deserve top ten, let alone top russian"

i have been watching the myskina/rubin 4th round match and i basically ate my words... shes a truly great player who has a game that can threaten most of the top players

i think im starting to like her, both for her fiesty on-court attitude and her amazing grounstrokes and gameplay

so heres just my first pro-myskina post, and probably won't be my last

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Yeah, it's that Russian ranked behind her that got her ass kicked in the 1st round, that is overrated.

PointBlank
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:52 AM

Some many people put Nastya down and now look ...

PointBlank
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Yeah, it's that Russian ranked behind her that got her ass kicked in the 1st round, that is overrated.
:tape: :lol: :tape:

j_dementieva27
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:54 AM

well that was mean, and i wanted to keep this post positive!

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:55 AM
It's so hot, and I had to visit my family during Christmas, and I'm really tired...

I shouldn't be posting on this board this part of the year... I'm sorry.

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Yeah. Myskina was superb today.

for-sure
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:02 AM
i thought myskina was over-rated also...but then i saw her live. trust me...this girl has got game. her backhand is amazing. for her, it is just a matter of improving her serve....and she is beating all the top players...top 5 i mean... 2/4 times.

for-sure
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:03 AM
part of the reason i thought she was over-rated was the limited coverage that we have seen of her...thanks to espn here in north america.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:06 AM
part of the reason i thought she was over-rated was the limited coverage that we have seen of her...thanks to espn here in north america.
Combine that with all North American coverage saying in nice words, that they think Nastya sucks.

j_dementieva27
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:08 AM
:rolleyes: @ all of keiths post in this thread... unnessecary

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Elena can still be Russian #1 for 2004. The year's just starting.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:10 AM

Classy.

j_dementieva27
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:11 AM
lol.. really

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Elena can still be Russian #1 for 2004. The year's just starting.
Galina Fokina could still be the #1 Russian this year, also.

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Hingis likes Myskina's game. Isn't this enuff credibility?

j_dementieva27
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:23 AM
:lol: at myskina eating the vegemite!!!!!!!

that was great, i dunno how i used to dislike this girl so much

goldenlox
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:27 AM
What a great interview with Myskina. She's ready to play well against Kim.

ys
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Hingis likes Myskina's game. Isn't this enuff credibility?
Simply because Myskina plays Hingis's own game. Outmaneuvering, anticipation, defence. Some things that Hingis naturally possesses and Myskina doesn't - like great netplay - Myskina substitutes with some extra power that she has comparing to Hingis. But other than that you can see obvious similarities.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:38 AM
what the hell is vegemite?

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Simply because Myskina plays Hingis's own game. Outmaneuvering, anticipation, defence. Some things that Hingis naturally possesses and Myskina doesn't - like great netplay - Myskina substitutes with some extra power that she has comparing to Hingis. But other than that you can see obvious similarities.

Yes. I know that it's always like that with these champs. They
tend to like players that have a similar style to their own.

ys
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Yes. I know that it's always like that with these champs. They
tend to like players that have a similar style to their own.
Definitely. And that's natural.

I remember one of the posters got flamed badly on General Messages for claiming that Nastya is the fastest player on Tour. This match proved that that statement was not far off. Her defence was incredible. Chanda always knew that Nastya will always make her play extra shot whenever possible. And ttat pretty much broke her spirit.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Sorry for Nastya fans...but I don't see anything special about her game. I don't understand why she's ranked so high...Since ranking is objective, she does deserve it...but her game looks more #25-35 in the world...from what I've seen of her in the last couple of years anyway...

:)