PDA

View Full Version : Patty Schnyder vs. Lisa Raymond

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:47 AM
I think this is one of the most entertaining match-ups on the tour.
Both are magicians on the court. When they are on, we may see the match of the tournament. We're guaranteed so many entertaining points whoever is going to win.
I like both them and so it's hard to take a side. But since Lisa impressed me so much with her win over Venus, I will cheer for Lisa this time.
But either way, may it be a great match!

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:48 AM
I know Patty hasn't won yet. I'm just assuming she's gonna win.
I don't want a Dechy/Lisa QF match.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Having said that, this is the least likely QF match to be televised, isn't it?
Neither of them is a big name for casual tennis fans.. what a shame!

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Sorry to Patty fans. I might have jinxed her... damn!

lizchris
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Patty won 6-2, 6-4

Purple_Llama
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Go Patty!! : )

Rothes
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Hhhoooppp Ssscchhwwiizz

Jane
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:01 AM
This should be a fun match. Too bad we have very little chance of seeing it on TV.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Lisa will win 6-2 6-2.

Lisa will cause Patty to play like she does the usual 51 weeks out of the year.

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Let's just say the serve's this week are "hot, hot, hot". Lisa would be
lucky to get a Calvin Klein scent strip sniff off the Patty first serves
this week. :haha:

vogus
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:07 AM
this match has the potential to be a classic, 2 veteran players fighting to make their first GS semifinal, 2 of the most varied and interesting stylists on tour. And i'll be a monkey's uncle if we get to see any more than 2 or 3 points of it on TV. :mad:

switz
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:09 AM
patty leads the head 2 head 4-0. raymond is going to run out of steam IMO, whereas after 2 poor performances patty is now in her groove and raymond will not know how to handle her IMO.

of course patty could get trounced. it's all up to her whether or not she's going to make her first slam semi

Purple_Llama
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:13 AM
lol I don't know if I'd call Patty a veteran of the tour *just* yet ; )
And it's true that come Wednesday Patty could be a very different player as she certainly seems a chameleon out on court at the best of times,but this week she has really impressed me.
Her last two matches have been won in straight sets & she hasnt done her bad habit of letting one set slip,only to fight it out in a grudge match in the 3rd set.So my $$$ is def. most on Patty.And I bet this will be televised too : )

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:14 AM
patty leads the head 2 head 4-0. raymond is going to run out of steam IMO, whereas after 2 poor performances patty is now in her groove and raymond will not know how to handle her IMO.

of course patty could get trounced. it's all up to her whether or not she's going to make her first slam semi
Well I agree and disagree.
I don't think the outcome of the match will be up to Patty alone. Lisa is also the kind of player who controls a match. Both are very streaky and if neither of them manages to bring their A game, the match could be an error fest. On the other hand, it could be a classic. Saying it's all up to Patty is just not true. Lisa may have a bad record against Patty but I'm sure Lisa isn't the same Lisa she used to be. She had a lopsided record against Venus before she notched that win and the same may very well happen here.

gorecki
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Come on Patty!!! :bounce:

Along with Martina H. and Natasha Zvereva, i :hearts: the angles and strokes she can conjure up! :D

vogus
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:42 AM
it might actually be on Aussy TV, if so Llama, can you bring us some play by play? :)

Venus Forever
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:45 AM
God, I hope this is a breakout tournament for Patty. It would be great to see her put all those mental deamons behind, and maybe even grab a GS title.

GO PATTY, WIN THE TITLE!!

:banana: :bounce: :yippee:

switz
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Well I agree and disagree.
I don't think the outcome of the match will be up to Patty alone. Lisa is also the kind of player who controls a match. Both are very streaky and if neither of them manages to bring their A game, the match could be an error fest. On the other hand, it could be a classic. Saying it's all up to Patty is just not true. Lisa may have a bad record against Patty but I'm sure Lisa isn't the same Lisa she used to be. She had a lopsided record against Venus before she notched that win and the same may very well happen here.

obviously raymond has some influence on the outcome of the match. in terms of raymond overcoming her H2H with venus, again i think that was still pretty much venus' doing. lisa played a great match, but if venus managed to make a few shots in a row she would still have a perfect record

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:54 AM
As much as I want Ms Schnyder to win, I think Lisa will in two sets of 7-5, 6-3 :(

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:56 AM
The other thing is Lisa will be in a different of mind. Since they played
4 times already, and Patty has won all meetings. Can't see it going
any differently. Lisa will charge the net, and Patty will make a lefty
passing shot. Patty will serve one of those high bouncy lefty kick serve
out wide, and Lisa will be to short to reach it. I can't see the pattern
change unless Patty decides to blow one of her biggest chances in a
grand slam ever, which if you know Patty like we know her- is very
likely to happen.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:58 AM
The other thing is Lisa will be in a different of mind. Since they played
4 times already, and Patty has won all meetings. Can't see it going
any differently. Lisa will charge the net, and Patty will make a lefty
passing shot. Patty will serve one of those high bouncy lefty kick serve
out wide, and Lisa will be to short to reach it. I can't see the pattern
change unless Patty decides to blow one of her biggest chances in a
grand slam ever, which if you know Patty like we know her- is very
likely to happen.
Lisa is NOT a serve & volleyer.

Rothes
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:00 AM
She is known as one and charges to the net frequently.

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:01 AM
She is known as one and charges to the net frequently.
Try watching her any other place but Wimbledon.

She S&V's less than 10% of the time.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:01 AM
Lisa is NOT a serve & volleyer.
That's what I was gonna say, thanks Keith. She's more of an all-round player. You know, obviously she can match anyone on the ground. Her net game only adds to her variety. In fact she charged the net less than 20 times today. But most of the time she's successful. She's at her best when she mixes it up well not giving her opponent any rhythm making it difficult to predict what she's gonna come up with.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Try watching her any other place but Wimbledon.

She S&V's less than 10% of the time.
You're so right.
She only comes into the net when she gets a short ball to go after. Her past match stats speak for themselves.
Like you said, she plays a different kind of game at Wimby for the obvious reason.

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:05 AM
She usually charges net when she plays Patty; because her baseline
game isn't as strong as the Swiss.

GermanBoy
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Lisa, please kick Patty`s ...

Keith17
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:07 AM
She usually charges net when she plays Patty; because her baseline
game isn't as strong as the Swiss.
Yes, Patty's baseline game is much stronger than Venus'...

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:11 AM
About Venus. That wasn't "the Venus WIlliams" on court the other day.
The real "Venus WIlliams" is up there on MARS somewhere with
NRR-DEN's best tennis game. ;)

Rothes
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Yes, Patty's baseline game is much stronger than Venus'...
Youc an never say Patty is stronger or weaker on a particular part of a game, It whether what Patty turns up will tell us.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:22 AM
I know Patty is a very unpredictable player and is capable of beating most of the top players when she's focused. But then so is Lisa. If they both play up to their potential, it will be a coin toss. Plus confidence players such an important part in tennis that their past h2h record may be not as reliable as it usually is. Now Lisa has the confidence she has never had in the past. She has the reason to believe in herself and today's win which seems nothing special, I'm sure, just strengthened her self-belief. Much feared let-down after a big didn't overwhelm her.

Chance
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Hey did Patty really serve a 211 KPH serve?

wongqks
Jan 26th, 2004, 06:25 AM
I certainly want to take a glimpse of this match, for now I am tipping Lisa in three

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Patty has the edge in Head to Head...BUT I think Lisa is playing much better. I see her winning

skanky~skanketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 08:18 AM
i hope its a great match that ends 12-10 in the third.

7-6 6-7 12-10. that way i'm hoping they're too tired to play kim the next day, assuming kim makes the semis. if kim doesnt, hopefully its a quick match so either of them can beat myskina.:p

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Raymond is playing the best tennis of her career. So their h2h record isn't much of an indication of how the match will go. Patty is unpredictable and has the potential to play like the best player in the world but the chance is like one out of 100 matches and otherwise Lisa will be the one to come through.

Purple_Llama
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:52 AM
it might actually be on Aussy TV, if so Llama, can you bring us some play by play? :)

For sure Vogus ;) Lisa Raymond has been getting quite a bit of coverage here since her win over Venus,so I am almost SURE we will get some TV coverage of the match (Plus all the Aussies are out now :o lol)

Mariangelina
Jan 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Go Lisa! :bounce: She's 30, she may never get another chance like this.

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:14 PM
wow I really hope Patty can win that one.HOw great ould it be if she won the whole thing?I think I'm dreaming but if Patty is on...anything can happen.

Vamos Patty!!!!!!!!!!

7~LV3
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:35 PM
heres the H-2-H

1997 Madrid Clay (O) 32 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 1-6 2-6
1998 Australian Open Hard (O) 32 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 6-2 3-6 6-8
1999 Hilton Head Clay (O) 32 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 4-6 2-6
1999 US Open Hard (O) 64 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 3-6 6-3 3-6

they played their best match in Australia... and this would be a revenge for Lisa... after Lisas H2H against ms Venus, who sed that she didnt have a chance of beating her... i think that this might be a close match..!!

GoGoMaggie
Jan 27th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Go Lisa! I think I'm gonna get to see some of this match!

Philip
Jan 27th, 2004, 04:22 PM
C'mon Patty all the way!!! :D:D:D

William Hunt
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Go Patty go !

DemWilliamsGulls
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:52 PM
head to head matchups.....4 to 0 in Patty's Favor.....so i guess we will have to wait and see. I dont care who wins...but should be pretty interesting to see who does.