PDA

View Full Version : Chanda, Chanda, Chanda?

LUIS9
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Shes really just a floater who can no longer float through the 2nd weeks of tennis grand slam events. Everytime she has this opportunity she just melts? I guess she really is no longer in contention to even make grand slam semifinals? Her peak is more than over, i think her career is slowly but shortly coming to and end. Sadly but i think at this point all she can do is just hope to win some matches, perhaps she will just be happy to continue playing tennis until her body can no longer hold up? Oh well?

Julian
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Chanda doesnt play well agianst Russians lol

beauty_is_pink
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:23 AM
okay. Chanda lost. get over it. jesus. its jus a loss.
sore loser.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
its sad, cuz she has so much talent!its just choking that she needs to get over.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:27 AM
its sad, cuz she has so much talent!its just choking that she needs to get over.

Myskina hit more than twice as many winners than errors in those last two sets. Chanda wasn't any different from the first set to the third set. Nastya just raised her level. This time it wasn't choking folks.

Rtael
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Oh fuck you asshole
I notice you didn't update your signature! :wavey:

Shane54
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Being from Chanda's hometown, I see her firsthand. And honestly, she is very stuck-up and very, very unfriendly. There are lots of people here in Lafayette that can't stand her. I am SO glad she will most likely never win a grand slam. In fact, I always hope that if she does make it to the second week that she has to play Kim Clijsters. :devil: Way to go Anastasia!! :wavey:

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Shes really just a floater who can no longer float through the 2nd weeks of tennis grand slam events. Everytime she has this opportunity she just melts? I guess she really is no longer in contention to even make grand slam semifinals? Her peak is more than over, i think her career is slowly but shortly coming to and end. Sadly but i think at this point all she can do is just hope to win some matches, perhaps she will just be happy to continue playing tennis until her body can no longer hold up? Oh well?

Is this a joke? She's still in the top ten.

LUIS9
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Of course its not a joke, i mean i appreciate actually Chanda's style of play and when shes playing her top tennis its a pretty sight!. Nonetheless shes in the top ten because Dokic and Hantuchova are nut cases, once these two figure out to play fewer tournies and in Danielas case gain weight and rebuild her confidence chanda will be out for good, of the top ten inevitably. Which big tournie did she win last year for that matter when was the last time she won a big tournie? Actually 2 years ago in 2002 L.A beating a not even 85% Serena and a Lindsay coming back from surgery that summer perhaps was the last patch of really good tennis we will see from chanda after she backed it up by taking Venus to a third set in the semis of US OPEN 02'. However she has a pretty bad record against Myskina, i think even Dementieva another nut case and a dismal if not pathetic record vs Clijsters, i guess shes her nemesis.

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:27 PM
It's really sad to always see her lose to players she could easily win with her talent if she didn't choke that way.Someone said this is just a result,but this result is repeating too much in the slams.I'm really pessimistic about her future too.If she hasn't won a Slam by now,she'll never do it.I'd like to be wrong here...Anyway I'll always keep cheering for her cause she lights the Tour with her game when she's on.

asheboro
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Being from Chanda's hometown, I see her firsthand. And honestly, she is very stuck-up and very, very unfriendly. There are lots of people here in Lafayette that can't stand her. I am SO glad she will most likely never win a grand slam. In fact, I always hope that if she does make it to the second week that she has to play Kim Clijsters. :devil: Way to go Anastasia!! :wavey:

I don't know her but she strikes me as that time of person stuck up and think she's better than everyone else. It's funny that you should mention that because I've thought about that a long time ago. You can just like at her and tell she's a snob.

tennnisfannn
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I don't know her but she strikes me as that time of person stuck up and think she's better than everyone else. It's funny that you should mention that because I've thought about that a long time ago. You can just like at her and tell she's a snob.Pray tell, how would you know that? Could it be because she seems quiet and is never contraversial or because you invited her home to enjoy potato salad and she didn't show :rolleyes:

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Chanda didnīt choke percé...if she had lost the first-set then itīd have been choking..but the way Anastasia raised her level, there was nothing Chanda couldīve done.

Chanda is just that: she can beat most of the players below her, but canīt really challenge the top players...or she can challenge them, but she canīt beat them when it matters. Doesnīt have that key weapon that can seperate her from the pack.

RainyDays
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
She's stuck up? Doesn't seem that way to me.

Experimentee
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Chanda did choke, she was up 4-0 in the 1st set, then serve for it a few times but couldnt win, then only eventually won in the TB. After that her level went down completely and she couldnt hit a ball into the court. Myskina didnt play that well either, there were only some good games from her in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Btw Chanda seems like a lovely girl, so many people here who claim to know her :rolleyes:

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Its over, she lost, and she almost choked in the first set but she won eventually. I don't think you can use the term choke unless the person actually lost that set if your talking about a set. Rubin's level of play went down a bit, and Myskina's level went up a lot.

-Sonic-
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I think a lot of people don't realise what talent she does have and everyone forgets her good results so easily :-s

she does beat players ranked higher than her, and she does win titles. she loses to people ranked higher than her a lot, but who doesn't?

I thought she had a good chance, but she lost to myskina last year at the AO and she did this year too, this time as the lower seed tho.

Oh well :-s

GrahamD
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Chanda is just that: she can beat most of the players below her, but canīt really challenge the top players...or she can challenge them, but she canīt beat them when it matters. Doesnīt have that key weapon that can seperate her from the pack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
....I respect every player and their fans...

:haha: :lol: :haha: :lol:

AnDyDog621
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Thats sounds respectful, he could have made it 100times worse than that

jmp
Jan 27th, 2004, 02:19 AM
I didn't know Rubin had a hard time playing Myskina. But, despite her opponent, her performance at USO '03 and in the match I saw last night was disappointing. She seemed flat/wrong footed when she has been able to anticipate better in the past. Her doubles experience and the skills she has exhibited in the past also tell me she should have been to the net more and she should not have missed some of the volleys she did. I also didn't see the force behind her shots, especially the FH, that I used to see. I wish her the best for the rest of 2004.

I usually don't comment on personalities, clothing, boyfriends, fashion, etc. I don't know Rubin personally or why many people think she's stuck up. But, I have to say that some cultural and gender stereotypes may be in play with this perception of her. For example, a person who excels academically is usually frowned upon by others where they should be celebrated and asked for assistance. Many of them are more than willing to share their knowledge. Also, African American females in the southern U.S. are taught to carry themselves in a certain way which includes being articulate in speech, meticulous in appearance, and walking with pride. I can see how this might be seen as stuck up by some. But, just keeping everything in prospective, Rubin is a very accomplished woman and should be very proud of what she's done with her life so far.

I apologize to any one who knows her personally and has had unpleasant experiences with her.

steve437
Jan 27th, 2004, 05:30 AM
...but she does have nice tits (I'd like to "hold those up'!)