PDA

View Full Version : Raymond wins...6-2 6-0

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:54 AM
into her second Slam quarter (Wimbledon 2000)

St.Sebastian
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:56 AM
:eek: Well done Lisa... Poor Tati... Smashed off court

Couver
Congrats Lisa. I'm glad to see she's still hungry and playing so well.

Cybelle Darkholme
in her whole career shes only had one other slam quarter appearance???

Rothes
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Now you face the hopeful wrath os Schnyder!!!!

Congrats Lisa, always nice to see someone different!

Bezz
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Looks like she played well. :-)

CC
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Looks like she's got a lot of confidence.

Rothes
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:01 AM
in her whole career shes only had one other slam quarter appearance???
Yes it is her only QF Apparence, yet she has had Numerous 4th Round Apparences, and putting it on paper, This is her best result at the Australian Open.

tenn_ace
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Lisa is just lucky... Tatiana had to lose since a junior AO has started today... ;)

Mase
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Congrats Lisa!

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Now I understand why people were so elated after her win over Venus. Such a long career and touted as top 5 and just ONE QF at a major?! :eek:

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Lisa is just lucky... Tatiana had to lose since a junior AO has started today... ;)
If that were true, she would have made the dumb decision of her life.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Lisa will be the strong favorite to reach the SFs in the next match whether her opponent is Patty or whatever.

Gallofa
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Now I understand why people were so elated after her win over Venus. Such a long career and touted as top 5 and just ONE QF at a major?! :eek:Don't put Lisa down. She has worked hard and deserves her moment of glory.

Well done to Lisa and great run for Tatiana! :D

*JR*
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Don't put Lisa down. She has worked hard and deserves her moment of glory.

Glad somebody else appreciates the former lead singer of Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam! :D And indeed great first Slam, Future French Femme! ;) (Who, BTW, officially withdrew from the AO Jr's after her 3rd round win)! :p Though it was ova Baby Blue Eyes! :mad:

GoDominique
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:30 AM
Lisa :)

Kart
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Glad to see she's building on her big win in the last round.

asheboro
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Looks like she's got a lot of confidence.

Ofcourse that always happens when you defeat a Williams. The player's confidence automatically rises. She may even win the whole thing. If she does she should thank Venus for her long lay off.

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Great win Lisa! :D

TS
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:53 AM
I hate it when a player (Golovin) beats a fave of yours (Lina K), and then gets a right royal massacre in the next match :rolleyes: Ugh! What could have been...lol.

Congrats Lisa...although I won't be cheering for her in the QF.

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Don't put Lisa down. She has worked hard and deserves her moment of glory.

Nah...great win for Lisa.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:23 AM
tenn_ace, she withdrew from juniors at weekend, she wasnt in draw.
still a pretty good tourn but not a good way to go out today.

She's not come up against those sorts of players before.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Now I understand why people were so elated after her win over Venus. Such a long career and touted as top 5 and just ONE QF at a major?! :eek:

Oh, lay off.

Gallofa
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:27 AM
tenn_ace, she withdrew from juniors at weekend, she wasnt in draw.
still a pretty good tourn but not a good way to go out today.

She's not come up against those sorts of players before.She had one win on the WTA before Oz. She had not came up against any kind of players ;)

Serendy Willick
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:30 AM
I hope she wins the whole thing.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:33 AM
She had one win on the WTA before Oz. She had not came up against any kind of players ;)
i meant in juniors, Lisa types of players arent around these days ;)

Sam L
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:38 AM
:haha: Nice joke.

CinnamoninCinema
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:39 AM

And I hope Bill Gates gives me a billion, but these two things both go into the barrel of "not gunna happen".

GoSandrine
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Terrific win! :D

There's no doubt that winning the tourney would be quite a stretch but a semifinal berth would be a wonderful achievement for Lisa. I'm glad Patty made it through but I'll be rooting for my countrywoman in their QF clash. ;)

William Hunt
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:17 AM
I'm sad Golovin didn't win (I'm already following Golovin her junior career for the last two years) but Lisa deserved it, she was outstanding.

jdog3008
Jan 26th, 2004, 05:20 AM
into her second Slam quarter (Wimbledon 2000)
Wow, she passed Maggie. :lol:

GrahamD
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Here you go again:fiery: Who touted her as a top 5 player? If it's media hype that gets you so annoyed, take it out on the media not the player and show some respect for her fans:fiery:

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Here you go again:fiery: Who touted her as a top 5 player? If it's media hype that gets you so annoyed, take it out on the media not the player and show some respect for her fans:fiery:

Relax man....you donīt have to take it personal!

GrahamD
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Relax man....you donīt have to take it personal!
You yourself said, "It's not the players I hate, it's the hype". So why do you use that as a cover up for your vindictiveness against other players? You're just a pig-headed bigot, ignorant of what you say and what damage you cause, ignorant of others players qualities and ignorant of the feelings of their fans.

Think before you write.

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 03:44 PM
You yourself said, "It's not the players I hate, it's the hype". So why do you use that as a cover up for your vindictiveness against other players? You're just a pig-headed bigot, ignorant of what you say and what damage you cause, ignorant of others players qualities and ignorant of the feelings of their fans.

Think before you write.

Please, please....I respect every player and their fans...just happens to be that Iīve more faith in MINE favs than in those other players.

Just as Iīm sure you do with your fav...so whatīs the drama?!

GrahamD
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
....I respect every player and their fans...

You have got to be joking! :haha: You are going to choke on these words from now on. Remember folks, you read it here first. Bandabou "respects every player and their fans". :lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

Well, I'm sure the whole of wtaworld will be relieved to read that. These words are going to come back to haunt you every time you step out of line, though sadly, I'm sure it won't be too long before you start throwing your insults around again.

And on that happy note to end, I'm adding you to my ignore list with the faint hope that I will never again have to read your insults any more, and the comforting thought that your respect will now shine through on the board for all to see.

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:03 PM
You have got to be joking! :haha: You are going to choke on these words from now on. Remember folks, you read it here first. Bandabou "respects every player and their fans". :lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

Well, I'm sure the whole of wtaworld will be relieved to read that. These words are going to come back to haunt you every time you step out of line, though sadly, I'm sure it won't be too long before you start throwing your insults around again.

And on that happy note to end, I'm adding you to my ignore list with the faint hope that I will never again have to read your insults any more, and the comforting thought that your respect will now shine through on the board for all to see.

As you wish...no problemo.

If disagreeing with you about the fact that you think your fav is the best in the world is hating, then....

JLDementieva
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah exactly bandabou, with some of the things you've said in that past, I don't think you really 'respect every player and thier fans' :rolleyes:

GrahamD
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah exactly bandabou, with some of the things you've said in that past, I don't think you really 'respect every player and thier fans' :rolleyes:
Sadly, he doesn't know the meaning of the word respect. He's just plain ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
....I respect every player and their fans...

Maybe I should add this to my signature, it's that funny!! :lol:

bandabou
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:13 PM

Whatīs disrespecting, really?! Can you explain that to me?!

GrahamD
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Whatīs disrespecting, really?! Can you explain that to me?!
If you need things explaining to you, it really highlights how ignorant you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
....I respect every player and their fans...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S-T-E-V-E
Jan 26th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Patty Schnyder-Hoffmann - Lisa Raymond

1997 Madrid Clay (O) 32 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 6-1 6-2
1998 Australian Open Hard (O) 32 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 2-6 6-3 8-6
1999 Hilton Head Clay (O) 32 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 6-4 6-2
1999 US Open Hard (O) 64 Patty SCHNYDER-HOFMANN 6-3 3-6 6-3

So Patty leads 4-0 but their last match was 1999, so I don't think you can tell from the head to head, who is the favourite.