PDA

View Full Version : Zvonareva's attitude...

Libertango
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I've thought it before now, but I noticed it the most against Lindsay last night. It seemed after every single point she was so emotional, even aggressive. At one point she smashed a racket, but it wasn't even on a crucial point (fairly early on in the match in the middle of a game!) She even started crying toward the end. I realise she was disappointed to be getting beaten so easily but what's the use in flapping your arms about all the time! Sam and Simon (commentators) said sometimes her emotions help her (although they agreed not last night) to me all they do is hinder her. She isn't going to progress much higher with that kind of attitude.

Sorry if this has already been discussed :)

PointBlank
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:26 PM
In Memphis after she lost she cried harder than ever and she smashed a racquet

I really hope this year I dont do one of her matches

SerialKiller#69
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Wow..

Wojtek
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:38 PM
She cried also during Canadian Open. She was playing against Poala and she was crying. :eek: :o :o

PointBlank
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Looks like a trend for the o so happy Vera :p

esquímaux
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:41 PM
She cried also during Canadian Open. She was playing against Poala and crying. :eek: :o :o

Oh vera vera vera :rolleyes:

alexusjonesfan
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:42 PM
She cried also during Canadian Open. She was playing against Poala and crying. :eek: :o :o
She did more than just cry. She was talking to herself, yelling at imaginary people, throwing racquets and having an all out melt-down that day. They even showed it the next day on TV (not the match, the tantrum :o)

PointBlank
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:44 PM
OMG She talked to herself more than I saw her talk to people at Memphis :lol:

Wojtek
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM
She is taking to herself all the time even if she is winning.

esquímaux
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:48 PM
headcase :shrug:

G_Slammed
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:05 PM
WEAK.... weak Russian. Should try to be, "stronger inside" like her fellow Russian Dementieva..

JasonUK
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Nothing wrong with emotions....although the talking to herself bit? :confused:

pav
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:08 PM
You gotta love Her though! but She certainly buggers Herself up by worrying about the point just gone and not the one She's playing, it's like having one foot on the brake and the other on the gas!still My fav. player but needs to sort Her head out or She wont advance as far as She is capable of,expected Her to take LD to 3

pav
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Just thinking- for all the tempers, tears and tantrums She's the Worlds highest -ranked teenager- can't be all bad Bepa

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Witness the mp against Lindsay.....if that would have been me, there would have been hell. The linesmen corrected the call, but the umpire still ruled as the point was for Lindsay. Now THAT was a point to get mad!

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:47 PM
With the infamous meltdown in New Haven, after being up 6-0 5-1, near the end of the second set the turned around, started screaming at the wall, and drove her racquet through the plastic covering the wall and then smashed it on the ground. She then fell down, and began sobbing. She broke four racquets during that match.

Maggie&MomoFan
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:50 PM
she was a nut in new haven vs pistolesi, at one point she even thrwe her raqcuet wehn she was leading :rolleyes: she was nuts, screamign at dfans, breakign ehr raqcuets, screaming at ballboys, the crowd was all over her adn rightfully so she was psycho and of course, she cried!!!!thatd be probably the wrost vera meltdwon ever id say! too bad only like 900 people saw it bc everyone left bc they thougth ti waas a blow out!

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:53 PM
she was a nut in new haven vs pistolesi, at one point she even thrwe her raqcuet wehn she was leading :rolleyes: she was nuts, screamign at dfans, breakign ehr raqcuets, screaming at ballboys, the crowd was all over her adn rightfully so she was psycho and of course, she cried!!!!thatd be probably the wrost vera meltdwon ever id say! too bad only like 900 people saw it bc everyone left bc they thougth ti waas a blow out!

I was one of the only ones still cheering for her. :sad:

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Man, this girl is making Marat looking sane!!

Berlin_Calling
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:55 PM
i wish i had seen that match at NH! that was like one of the only sessions i didnt go to :mad:

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:56 PM
She makes Safin look like an angel on court. The girl has some serious issues....

raquel
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Witness the mp against Lindsay.....if that would have been me, there would have been hell. The linesmen corrected the call, but the umpire still ruled as the point was for Lindsay. Now THAT was a point to get mad!Yes I said that in another thread, had that been Arantxa, Jennifer or Serena instead of Vera they would have kicked up hell to get it replayed, even is she was match point down. Vera seems to lack the intensity of those 3 players, but she showed in a few points against Lindsay that she has the talent OK.

antonella
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:58 PM
she's GREAT for the game, we need more like her.. go Vera!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Crazy_Fool
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I really like Vera but man, the girl is too emotional. She is so talented, i just want her to get it together.

LeonHart
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:48 PM
ay...Vera was not so emotional when she first came onto the scene. She needs to calm down and focus on her game more. But I do like the fighting spirit Vera has, that's what made me become her fan.

Sam L
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Yes I like her, but she needs to control these emotions.

Libertango
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Yea I agree that this kind of personality could be good for the game, but she needs to calm down a little, for her own sake as much as anything else! :p

gmak
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:52 PM
i am a fan for what she is :hug:

i was also a fan of irina spirlea who didn't throw her rackets or screamed but she sometimes looked like she didn't even care

but i always loved her attitude :devil:

women's tennis needs characters ;)

Deimos
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Does she ever get fined for these outbursts? It'd be strange if she wasn't.

antonella
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Yes I like her, but she needs to control these emotions.

Who are you.. Mr. Spock?? :p

I agree, Women's tennis does need characters. We have just way too many one-dimensional players that are just soooooooooo boring. WTA's selling-point will always be personality and appearance, sorry!! that's just the truth. If Vera had a nervous breakdown on the court (which is not altogether unlikely BTW), her next match would be a sell-out. This is entertainment 'bread-and-circuses', not real-life.. so come to terms with it!!!!!!!

Jakeev
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:24 PM
When Jennifer Capriati has a "bad attidude" she is the bitch from hell, but when Vera has one, she is just over emotional.

Now what's wrong with this picture?

Calaer
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:44 PM

Wow. Did Anna react at all?

for-sure
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:48 PM
i would pay to see vera pull a vera.

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Wow. Did Anna react at all?

No. She just stared at her.

Calaer
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:18 PM
No. She just stared at her.

LOL. Well, I guess I would've too.

Libertango
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:19 PM
No. She just stared at her.Haha :lol: I would have loved to have seen this match! :p

veryborednow
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Vera was not so emotional when she first came onto the sceneNot true. I remember watching her in her first US Open, and she cried most of the way through it.

I love her. I love Jennifer Capriati. I'd rather watch them play than stoical players - it's way more entertaining. The full package.

LeonHart
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:40 PM
When Jennifer Capriati has a "bad attidude" she is the bitch from hell, but when Vera has one, she is just over emotional.

Now what's wrong with this picture?
Sorry, but Vera doesn't cuss out chair umpires ;)

Maggie&MomoFan
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:05 AM
pistolesi kind of just would wait it out kind of like are you done yet you know?! but vera made a fool of herself

jrm
Jan 26th, 2004, 12:07 AM
it's really annoying watching her

skanky~skanketta
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:27 AM
if she channels her emotions properly into her tennis, she'd win so much more. its all about control.

and damn, i love the way she hits that backhand.

Oizo
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Next time she will have to control her feelings. I think it's not usefull for her at all if she throws the racket around.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:25 AM
With that match against Pistolesi, after she lost match point she collapsed to the ground and just lay there. Anna just walked over there and gave Vera her hand to pull herself up lol. She really was a psycho out there...I was with my friends and we were all cracking up hysterically. Picture the worst Maureen Drake, Tara Snyder, Tatiana Poutchek, Evie Dominikovic, Anastasia Myskina and Jennifer Capriati temper tantrum you've ever seen...and then combine all those together and multiply that by 5 :o That's more or less what it was.

And I disagree about Jennifer. Jennifer gets her racket throw or F bomb out of her system and moves on. She even tends to play better when she gets a little emotion out. Vera doesn't. The only time I've seen her channel being frustrated into something positive was against Venus at RG. Other than that, you watch her matches and go "Whoa, psycho..."

*JR*
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:36 AM
That's why I've tabbed Douchevina as the better Vera (2B) for nearly a year now.