PDA

View Full Version : Finally ESPN will do something right!

Berlin_Calling
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:54 PM
They will be showing Tatiana :hearts: vs. Lisa and Chanda vs. Myskina tonight at 10 PM EST. Looks like they are taking our emails into consideration :bounce: Can't wait to see Tatiana on TV tonight ;)

Justinefan
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I hope they show tatiana vs. Lisa!! YAY Finally good women's tennis!!

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:56 PM
omg! GO CHANDA! :)

pReUrBrIyN
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I'm not gonna look at the score until I watch....:)

kournikovafan13
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:03 PM
And over at menstennisforums.com, everyone will bitch that they won't get their matches played.

ESPN does blow, but they can't please everyone.

cynicole
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:03 PM
They will be showing Tatiana :hearts: vs. Lisa and Chanda vs. Myskina tonight at 10 PM EST. Looks like they are taking our emails into consideration :bounce:
They're the only Americans playing on that day.

You didn't think they'd show Kim, #2 and one of the title favorites, did you?

TennisHack
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Looks like they are taking our emails into consideration :bounce:
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

As somebody else already mentioned, they are the only Americans playing today (though I wouldn't be surprised if they had to whip out some Agassi to get their fix). Goodness knows they can't show Clijsters or -- heaven forbid! -- a SPANIARD! :unsure:

miranda_lou
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Remember, it should have been Tati vs. Venus.:rolleyes:

I don't mind this line up at all.:cool: The best match is Hewitt/Federer but they are playing the night match which is on way too late to show live on American television. It will be shown on tape Monday afternoon (I'm assuming).:confused:

Can't wait to finally see Tati play a match. I think she has a good chance against Lisa but, since I've never seen her play, I shouldn't make a prediction lilke that.:tape: I'm just going by Lisa's habit of letting her nerves get in the way of winning. Lisa will be the favorite and has everything to lose while Tati has nothing to lose and everything to gain. She should be very relaxed.:angel:

Berlin_Calling
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:26 PM
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

As somebody else already mentioned, they are the only Americans playing today (though I wouldn't be surprised if they had to whip out some Agassi to get their fix). Goodness knows they can't show Clijsters or -- heaven forbid! -- a SPANIARD! :unsure:
hah, maybe i was a little thick there but its only because im biased i guess. i could not care less about Kim but i want to see tatiana and rubin vs myskina.

LeonHart
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
YESSS I can't wait!!! I'll get my tape ready :bounce:

tennisluver99
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I hope they show some of Kim's match, but I won't hold my breath.

Can't wait for Federer v. Hewitt tomorrow!!!
GO ROGER!!!!!!

TennisHack
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:49 PM
hah, maybe i was a little thick there but its only because im biased i guess. i could not care less about Kim but i want to see tatiana and rubin vs myskina.
Indeed, but not my point. They haven't shown the #2 player in the world for the women (interesting . . .) and appear to have some sort of allergy to Spaniards. They refuse to admit Ferrero exists, and were all too happy to replay Venus's loss instead of the promised Hewitt-Nadal (also involving a Spaniard). So, Kim's got two things against her: she's #2, and she's playing a Spaniard :p

lizchris
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:51 PM
They're the only Americans playing on that day.

You didn't think they'd show Kim, #2 and one of the title favorites, did you?
If Kim, Justine, Lindsay and the rest of the women were good for ratings, they would show it. The fact that Lisa and Chanda are American, as you stated, are a factor too. Let's also take into consideration that there are no Aermcan men playing today.

deej_01
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I'm not really all that interested in seeing the Tatiana, Raymond match, but am looking forward to the Rubin match. I really hope Chanda wins and goes deeper into the tournament. She's a really great player who's just never been able to put it all together.

angele87
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Ok I'm happy for everybody who's getting to see their favorites whom they haven't seen so far but I don't think we can say ESPN is listening to any e-mails, unless I'm the only one who didn't send a "show some different Americans" e-mail :unsure: In any case, as people have already pointed out ESPN is showing the only Americans that are playing today. Rubin vs. Myskina they can kind of get away with. Two top ten players, has the ability to be a good match. But look who else is playing today: Clijsters, #2 women's seed and on the men's side Ferrero (#3), Nalbandian (#8) and Philippoussis (#10). IMO, this isn't improvement from ESPN.

Warrior
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:56 PM
They are not showing Kim! :mad:

Bonfire
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Some of you guys will NEVER be happy....if Kim was playing...I'm sure it would be "why must they just show the top players all the time";) I'm just excited that we are getting back to back coverage of women's matches on a night when they have so many options...:bounce:

Bonfire
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM
also if I might add....the two matches they are going to show have good potential to be very entertaining and competitive. Now anything is possible...but more than likely...it will be another unexciting steamroll by Kim...and Kim is one of my top three fave players...but I prefer the lineup they have chosen tonight.

fried_beans
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:31 PM
are they showing Federer,Hewitt ?

j_dementieva27
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:16 PM
this is so great.. i have like no homework

heres my tv schedule: lol

9:00-9:30: sex and the city, hbo
9:30-10:00: curb your enthusiasism, hbo
10:00-when i fall asleep: TENNIS, ang GOOD TENNIS AT THAT