PDA

View Full Version : Justine's current form reminds me of Jenny in AO 2002

Filadidas
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:09 AM
So far, Justine hasn't dropped a set at this stage... but her wins were not too impressive or convincing as expected.... particularly compared to others like Kim and Amelie...

1R df. Lukaszewicz 6-0 6-0
2R df. Pin 6-1 6-4
3R df. Kuznetsova 6-2 7-5
4R df. Santangelo 6-1 7-6(5)

Her current form reminds me of how Jenny has gone through in the first week to defend her AO title in 2002..... Jenny was the #1 seed at that time as well.... Like Justine, her form in the earlier stage of the tournament wasn't as impressive as expected.... Particularly in 3R & 4R she got pushed by Danillidou and Grande where she won 6-3/3-6/6-1 & 6-3/7-6(9) respectively..... I remember people were not expecting too much on her to be able to defend her AO crown... coz' on the other hand Martina, Monica and even Kim were performing better than her.....

But all of the sudden Jenny found her form to play against Amelie in the QF... beating her 6-2 6-2... and played well against Kim in the SF and found her way to win the unforgettable dramatic final against Martina.......

I don't think Justine will have such an easy QF against Lindsay though.... but I am confident that she will pull this one out.... and expect her to play well against Amelie in the SF and Kim in the Final (I've got a feeling that will be a very interesting and tough final between the two, and hopefully will be another dramatic final like Jenny vs. Martina - if its gonna happen)......

Allez-H
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM
OMG,I've been thinking the same thing the last couple of days and I just posted it this other thread :eek:

pigam
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Cool you thought about that. You're right! But that doesn't mean it will go the same for Justine of course!! One thing is *for sure* ;) we shouldn't underestimate her!!

Filadidas
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:15 AM
OMG,I've been thinking the same thing the last couple of days and I just posted it this other thread :eek:
Wow!!! :eek:

Crazy_Fool
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Lets hope the result is the same!

Filadidas
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM
Congrats Justine!!! :D
Seems like my thinking was right!!!
The final was quite dramatic with some twists and turns in it!!!! ;)

K-Dog
Feb 2nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
Yeah and then Justine doesn't do anything the rest of the year just like Jenny!!

moby
Feb 2nd, 2004, 02:37 AM
but it isnt quite the same u see
cause justine was the one with the 4-0 lead and the one who choked ;)