PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay/Morariu vs. Ani/Prusova 5-7 7-5

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:27 AM
What's happening in this match??? i mean are ani/prusova good doubles players?

#1 Lindsay
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:55 AM
what is up with lindsay and corina losing to them 6-3 in the 3rd they have just beaten navratilova and raymond 3 and 0 last round yesterday

Kuilli
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Congrats to Maret/Libuse!!! What an awesome win for them! :D :D Too bad for Lindsay & Corina though! :(

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:27 AM
I was at this match - basically Lindsay didn't play well - my guess is because she played so well in the singles she couldn't back it up in the doubles.

Corina got them over the line in the 2nd set - she basically was the one that was keeping them together at that stage and you could see the thrill on both their faces when they won that 2nd set.

Unfortunately for them the 3rd set started badly with Corina being broken then when Lindsay was trying to save the match she lost her serve and it was game set and match to Ani/Prusova.

Congrats to Ani/Prusova a tough 2 + hrs win - they were the better team and I think the UE will pretty much sum that up.

Lindsay for the 2nd time in the day didn't stop to sign autographs - she did the same in practice as well - though did wish Corina a happy b'day for tomorrow during her practise session.

GoGoMaggie
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:30 AM
So basically what happened to Lisa yesterday happened to Lindsay today. Interesting

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Exactly gogomaggie - that's what I forgot to put in there but was thinking the exact same thing.

I mean I think it was more that Lindsay couldn't adjust to the MCA conditions today after being in the indoors (well semi-closed roof) of RLA.

I think for Lindsay and Corina as well though it was more after yesterday with their win over Martina and Lisa they just couldn't top their performance there :(

ghosts
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Lindsay/Corina :eek: :shrug:

vutt
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Whohoo :woohoo: ooho...

I can't belive my eyes. Maret Ani is decent doubles player, with lower tier WTA titel under her belt, but win against quality team during grand slam?!?
What a joy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Go Maret/Libuse - now sky is the limit ;)

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I don't understand how lindsay could play worse this time... i mean she was supposed to keep her momentum going though.... and i don't know who ani/prusova are, i've never heard of them before as a good doubles team or whatever..

Joana
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Lindsay/Corina :shrug:

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I don't even know what to say..I stayed up until 3 am watching live scores of this match for the second night in a row, and I had to shut it off. Just watching the scores was awful. I feel so sorry for them. Corina withdrew from mixed doubles too, and I don't know why. So now Lindsay has her singles, but Corina has nothing. I'm so disappointed. They could have won this too. :sad:

SerialKiller#69
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
In a way, this is good for Lindsay too. Now focus on your next match Lindsay.

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Gossipcom, did you take any pictures?

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:17 PM
This only makes the decision on which team should be the represent the U.S. easier...Lisa/Martina could only muster a second-round and Lindsay/ Corina didnīt fare any better.

LindsayRocks89
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
wow, im pretty :eek: that they lost!!

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah...me too ::cries::

gossipcom
Jan 27th, 2004, 07:37 AM
This only makes the decision on which team should be the represent the U.S. easier...Lisa/Martina could only muster a second-round and Lindsay/ Corina didnīt fare any better.
I think if Lindsay hadn't strained her shoulder in Sydney they would have won the doubles title - they were ahead in that match against Stubbs/Black and only went down 3-0 when Lindsay went from playing at 70% of her usual standard to 20% so if they decide to play a few more and win and Lisa/Martina don't it will make life interesting.

That being said Lindsay was asked in an interview at the AO about the Olympics and she said she would make herself available if she stayed injury free and if she was one of the people to be picked, etc - she also mentioned that she assumed Martina and Lisa will have the doubles pairing.

I think the only thing that might stop that is if the Williams sisters playing a hell of a lot of doubles between now and the June deadline <g>

AgassiGirl16
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:57 PM
That would be awesome if Corina/Lindsay played doubles. I have never seen them play, but that have to bee pretty good if they can take out Navratilova/Raymond twice in two weeks!