PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:10 AM
I just looked ahead into the 2nd round for the mixed doubles draw, and it says that Morariu/Damm gave a walkover to Sargisian/Demetieva! :eek: I don't get it..the match isn't for another day, and it doesn't say why they gave the walkover. Does anyone know? I hope Corina isn't hurt again! :confused:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:15 AM
No way!!!! I hope its a mistake!!!!

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:19 AM
I dont know...it wasn't even on the draw..its still said Morariu/Damm vs Demetieva/Sargisian. I accidentally clicked onto the 2nd round..and it said walkover in red...take a look.

Australian Open Tennis Championships - The Grand Slam of Asia/Pacific - Official Site by IBM - Draws (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/xd/r2s1.html)

Maybe is she trying to save her energy for women's doubles? But I don't think thats right. I hope she isn't hurt. I know its mean, but I'd much rather it be Martin then her...she has such a chance, and she is finally doing well!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:26 AM
well I really hope this is a mistake. She just ousted the top seed in womens doubles and mixed doubles!!!!!

LindsayRocks89
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:27 AM
hopefully just to save energy for womens doubles or that her partner is hurt :devil:

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Haha..Lindsayfan..I was thinking the same thing. If it means her taking the women's title..I'd say forget mixed...but I'm just not sure. I'm worried. :/

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:40 AM
I'm relieved now!!!! Linds and Corina are playing doubles now!!!!! They just won the first game 1:0

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:02 AM
3-3...this is crazy! I hope they win this thing! ::worried::