PDA

View Full Version : Justine and Lindsay to square off for the first time since last year's AO marathon!

JustineTime
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:23 AM
7-5,5-7,9-7!

What will the score be this year and who will win?

Justine better fix her serve in a hurry, but I'm taking Justine in straights 7-5,6-4 but hey, what do I know? :shrug:

I just hope it's a good match! :)

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:43 AM
This should be a great match, but Justine needs to pick up her game if she's going to win.

My pick: Davenport over Henin-Hardenne 7-6 7-6

GoSandrine
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:52 AM
That was a terrific match. Justine showed pure guts to pull that one out.

I believe that was THE match that catapulted Justine to win the Franch and US Open crowns and to #1. She gained renewed confidence to pull out those tight matches (e.g. Serena at French, Jen at US) she was more often than not losing previously to top players.

I hope Lindsay turns the tide this time around though. :angel:

Justinefan
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:50 AM
I predict Lindsay in 3...Lindsay is looking great, Justine's serve is way out of sorts..

LindsayRocks89
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Lindsay 7/6 7/5, or something along those lines

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:43 AM
I predict Lindsay in 3...Lindsay is looking great, Justine's serve is way out of sorts..
I like you, your so realistic!!!!!! Some fans have a hard time to even say it.

Well, Justine wont lose without a fight for sure. She is already a slam winner!!!!!

I just hope Lindsay play well to her best and that is enough for me.

shap_half
Jan 25th, 2004, 06:48 AM
I think at this point everything is up in the air. Lindsay is playing solid and had no problems with a more difficult R16 opponent in Zvonareva. Justine, eventhough is able to pull out of these tight second sets, is not at all playing well or in the level of play the number 1 player should be playing like.

Either player can win.

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:00 AM
No, I still say the match that REALLY gave Justine the belief she could win big matches was the the Charleston final against Serena! Justine's results between post-Australian Open 4th round 2003 and Miami 2003 was not something to write home about. Only then after that Charleston Final Justine emerged as a real threat to win majors.

With that said, we all know Davenport is playing well again- that's a given. The question is, how many errors will Justine whip out from her raquet again. So far, she's hitting so many errors reminsicent of her performance against Serena at Wimbledon last year.

We'll see what Justine can work on in two days....

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Lindsay was the most impressive out of Mauresmo, Henin-Hardenne and herself today - considering she was the one who was playing a seed that was ranked closest to her, made it even more impressive.

Honestly, if Lindsay can hold that same intensity that she did today she has a very good chance at beating Justine on Tuesday (most likely the Tuesday night match).

Allez-H
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Watching the previous matches:Lindsay will win.BUt we all know that Justine can raise her llevel of game when she needs it.And we all know when she's down,she plays amazingly well.When she's down a BP,SP or even a MP she's capable of coming up with the greatest shots.I still bet my money on Justine,but she has to be there from the very beginning.If the match goes to three,I think that Superfit-Justine will win it.But if she loses the first set,Lindsay can win it in two.But I still believe that Justine will raise her game and will beat Lindsay and even the tournament.

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I like you, your so realistic!!!!!! Some fans have a hard time to even say it.

Well, Justine wont lose without a fight for sure. She is already a slam winner!!!!!

I just hope Lindsay play well to her best and that is enough for me.

All the Zhoo-steen crew are like that. We say things like it is, at
times with tongue firmly in cheek; but we won't polish up bad
matches. :yeah:

per4ever
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I'm afraid Lindsay will win, but on the other hand..you never know with Justine. She never gives up, and she always seems to find a way to get back in a match.

GO JUSTINE!!!!!!!!

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 11:21 AM
I'm afraid Lindsay will win, but on the other hand..you never know with Justine. She never gives up, and she always seems to find a way to get back in a match.

GO JUSTINE!!!!!!!!

I was a nervous wreck during RG in her match against Serena.
A live wire of nerves in her match with Jenn. And now Lindsay
has me wanting to take up smoking and I don't even smoke!! :lol:

Hagar
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I was a nervous wreck during RG in her match against Serena.
A live wire of nerves in her match with Jenn. And now Lindsay
has me wanting to take up smoking and I don't even smoke!! :lol:
I used to smoke and that helped me through these nervewrecking tennis matches. But now I have stopped and I feel sick when I smoke. I remember buying sigarettes and smoking during that RG semi between Justine and Serena but after the match I was really sick!
So all that is left is banging my head against the wall during these matches!

HotSpot
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Iam not big fan of both of them... but for this match I want Lindsay.. win...

Allez-H
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:27 PM
I used to smoke and that helped me through these nervewrecking tennis matches. But now I have stopped and I feel sick when I smoke. I remember buying sigarettes and smoking during that RG semi between Justine and Serena but after the match I was really sick!
So all that is left is banging my head against the wall during these matches!
Oh,I don't smoke and I don't bang head against the wall.With me,it's the remote that suffers the most.The poor thing suffered the most while the Justine-Jen epic.That same remote is now in remote-heaven :angel:
I also intend to scream allot while those kinda of matches,just to scream of my frustrations and tell her what to do (as if she could hear me!).I also keep my cellphone close to me just in case tha I need to call 911!

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Oh,I don't smoke and I don't bang head against the wall.With me,it's the remote that suffers the most.The poor thing suffered the most while the Justine-Jen epic.That same remote is now in remote-heaven :angel:
I also intend to scream allot while those kinda of matches,just to scream of my frustrations and tell her what to do (as if she could hear me!).I also keep my cellphone close to me just in case tha I need to call 911!

:lol: Me too. I find myself blurting out alot

"No! NO! NOOOOO!",

"Break her! BREAK HER BREAK HER NOW!".

"Hurry up Already!!"

"WIN WIN WIN!!"

and the always comforting: "YEAH!!!" or "Did you just see THAT?"

:)

Allez-H
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:41 PM

"No! NO! NOOOOO!",

"Hurry up Already!!"

"WIN WIN WIN!!"

:)

MOst of the time,I end up giving a standing ovation to Justine.Hopefulle it will be the same against Lindsay ;)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Justine will win. Lindsay plays well when she serves well and when her opponents can't return the ball or make lots of UE's...BUT Lindsay's mobility will hurt her BIG time against Justine. If Justine can move her around just a bit...Lindsay will loose.

Justinefan
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:01 PM
lol i too am very vocal during these matches.. I still have to say Lindsay in this one, she's playing great, she's in great shape, she destroyed the 10th seed Vera, she had no problem against her at all! Justine completely fell apart in that second set, if th at girl had had more experience, she would have closed out that set with two breaks. It's pretty up in the air, Lindsays drive skill and experience vs Henin's Determination. Should be a good one, they better show it on tv..

alexusjonesfan
Jan 25th, 2004, 05:35 PM

"No! NO! NOOOOO!",

"Hurry up Already!!"

"WIN WIN WIN!!"

:)I remember watching the 01 wimby semi with a couple of friends and I kept yelling at the TV: "She's rippin it up! she's rippin it up!"....I have fewer friends now :o

and at last year's wimby semi, I'd start switching the channel to some soap if Justine was having trouble in a game (nothing else was on :shrug: ), by the end of it I knew why Lucas was mad at Sammy but I wasn't quite sure why Justine lost :lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:36 PM
This is a great thread!!! No one is arrogant and saying that their fave will blast and destroyed the other. No one says like " If blabla bla plays blablabla theres nothing she can do..etccc" Those quotes like their fave already have the trophy.

I just really hope Lindsay plays very positive and give her best!!!!

AgassiGirl16
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I am going with Lindsay in 3 (hopefully) 7-5, 3-6, 6-3

Lady
Jan 25th, 2004, 08:24 PM
This gonna be close!
I still believe in Justine, I always do! I hope she can win, but will she? :shrug:
One thing for sure, she needs to play better then she did already! ;)

LindsayRocks89
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:07 PM
this will be a tough won for lindsay if justine steps up her game but i always believe in lindsay and i think she can pull it off and win 6/4 or 7/5 in the third :)

Filip!
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Difficult question... Justine has to raise her level immediately... I think she's really feeling the pressure, I hope she finds a solution before tuesday...

Nikki
Jan 25th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I really want Lindsay to win but its going to be close.

Go Lindsay