PDA

View Full Version : Lina not very popular by other players?

lina4ever
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:12 PM
I have readed that Lina Krasnoroutskaya is not very loved by other tennis players, that many of them don't like her ... Is this true :confused:

ALPHA
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Which source ? Reliable source or just another spectacular rumor ?

Most important of all - WHO CARES actually ? Steffi Graf was all but beloved by the other players - but, hell, she was THE player of her time.

Tennis players are not out there to make friends, but to win matches, and that's about all what counts.

louloubelle
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Didn't she have a run in with Capriati in late 2000 during the indoor season. Capriati won 76 in the third, but apparently Jennifer complained to the umpire about Lina's stalling tatics and other gamemanship. Didn't Jennifer not shake her hand after the match?????

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:51 AM
yep those incidents are few and far between and along time ago

Lina only listened to what Larisa told her "Don't let Jen play at her pace".
Jen wasn't exactly an angel herself that match and I told her so.

She's now had some more experience of playing on the tour and hasn't had any problems since Iva Majoli got a bit upset with Lina's "come on's" last January.

lina4ever
Feb 17th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Interview after that match against Capriati

Q. You didn't shake hands after the match. Was that personal?

LINA KRASNOROUTSKAYA: I don't know. I was a friend with her but it is her business. I don't mind what she is doing, I think God will remember it for her. I don't know what she thought, but I already told you it's not my business.

thefreedesigner
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:00 PM
slowing Jen up is a well known and well used tactic. It affects her concentration really badly.

I wouldn't call that necessarily gamesmanship, but good (occasional) tactics. :D

the_ancyent_marinere
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:06 PM
LINA KRASNOROUTSKAYA: I don't know. I was a friend with her but it is her business. I don't mind what she is doing, I think God will remember it for her. I don't know what she thought, but I already told you it's not my business.

God will remember it for her:eek: Well, the one without sin may cast the first stone:rolleyes:

essielewis
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Steffi Graf was all but beloved by the other players - but, hell, she was THE player of her time.

Steffi was not "beloved" because she was beating the crap out of everybody. I don't think that's the case with Lina.;) Has she ever beaten anybody?

slowing Jen up is a well known and well used tactic. It affects her concentration really badly.

And it's a GREAT tactic and will always be a great tactic until Jennifer learns to go with the flow when her opponents try to slow things. Players tried to slow Steffi's pace and she just went with it and won anyway. Right now, Jennifer's temper gets in the way and she gets foul mouth. She has to learn not to do that.:cool:

auntie janie
Feb 17th, 2002, 04:29 PM
When the Capriati-Lina thing happened, it was BEFORE we all had learned what a b#### Jen can be on the court! :eek:
LOL, if this happened today -- after all Jen's cursings, whinings, arguings, blaming Monica's grunts, etc etc, have gotten us used to this side of her -- we would never have paid attention to this contretemps in the first place! We'd just shrug and say, "Oh Lina put a scare into Jen & this is the way Jen always reacts to these things!" ;)

babsi
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:04 PM
I wish I could find that article where Lina comments on her wins over Anke and Arantxa, but I can't, if anyone has it can they please post it!