PDA

View Full Version : Poor VERA!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:08 AM
I felt so bad for her. She was so down on herself. Wiping a tear
off her face in the second set, and when "match point" was
called out she looked to about to burst into tears. :sad:

Why does she have to be so hard on herself...?

Hang tough Vera.

Astro Jetson
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:11 AM
The first time I saw Vera cry I felt sympathy. That was at USopen 2002 in her match against Clijsters.
Now it gets a bit annoying. Everytime??!!! :shrug:

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:12 AM
That's coz Lindsay is the better player obviously

sartrista7
Well, I was rooting for her... but she needs to get over this emotional psycho thing, she should be experienced enough to know how many matches it costs her and why she should at least make an effort to stop it. When she was a kid and did it, I felt sorry for her... but she's not in juniors any more, and if anything it's getting worse, not better.

What was even more ridiculous is that on the, like, five points she deigned to play well, she showed exactly how it was possible to hit Lindsay off the court :rolleyes:

vogus
Lucky you Greeny, you got to see Vera in her histrionics? She is SOOOO cute when she gets like that... :hearts:

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Russian players are so mentally fragile. It's this huge mix of
pride and pain. They expect so much that when things go slightly
off, they blame themselves.

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Please....no poor Vera, nada! The girlīs just a petulant little-child. Get a grip! EVERY call, EVERY ball she had to make faces, she had to complain...come on.

GoDominique
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:14 AM
I can't feel sorry for either. Her behaviour is pathetic and childish. She's not 10 years old anymore.
She won't win anything if she doesn't get her act together.

bubble
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Vera had her chances in the 2nd set but she was too perhaps emotional to capitalise them... :sad:
I could not bear to watch her tearful expression at the end of the match..

She should really curb this mental problem as she has a really good game to compete with the top players.

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Lucky you Greeny, you got to see Vera in her histrionics? She is SOOOO cute when she gets like that... :hearts:

It wasn't histornics this time; it was like she had the weight of
the world on her shoulders. It's was pain or more like feeling
way to sorry for yourself.

Myskina was sitting with Vera's coach, and well...they just
stared at Vera stoney face.

starr
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Ah yes. Didn't we just have an apology for name calling. Then someone expressed doubt about the sincerity of the apology noting that Bandy had apologised before only to follow it shortly by another incident of name caling and ridicule, and Bandy call that person pathetic.

Looks as if that person were absolutely dead on.

Keith17
Like I said before... Vera really, really needs a man.

bandabou
Exactly....when she decided to PLAY, she actually was hitting toe to toe with Lindsay...but then she would hit just ONE ball in the net and it would be all over again.

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:17 AM
so apparently she was complaining on every close-to-the-line shots Lindsay made?

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Ah yes. Didn't we just have an apology for name calling. Then someone expressed doubt about the sincerity of the apology noting that Bandy had apologised before only to follow it shortly by another incident of name caling and ridicule, and Bandy call that person pathetic.

Looks as if that person were absolutely dead on.

:haha: :rolls: :haha: You guys are pathetic....so what, I canīt say that Vera needs to get a grip and stop acting like a baby?!

Are you gonna hate to everybody else in this thread as well?!

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:19 AM
so apparently she was complaining on every close-to-the-line shots Lindsay made?

Yep...EVERY ball Lindsay was out in her way of thinking.

bis2806
Myskina should know that vera would have a hard hard time with lindsay ;)

sartrista7
Not complaining to the umpire... just, you know, muttering to herself and throwing her racket and crying and stuff :rolleyes:

sartrista7
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Exactly....when she decided to PLAY, she actually was hitting toe to toe with Lindsay...but then she would hit just ONE ball in the net and it would be all over again.

bandabou is actually completely spot on here :eek:

She had the game to beat Lindsay. Pity she only wanted to play on, like, five points in the entire match.

LindsayRocks89
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:23 AM
the fact of the matter is even if her head was on straight she doesnt have the game to beat davenport!!!!!!!!!

Kart
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:24 AM
I can understand her frustration but she rushed so much it was ridiculous.

It was like she had decided she was going to lose from the start and just wanted to get it over with.

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:26 AM
i agree with lindsayfan that vera won't even beat lindsay even if both of them are playing their best games....

tennischick
at the risk of being insensitive...Lindsay was awesome. it's so nice to see her back...;)

bandabou
the fact of the matter is even if her head was on straight she doesnt have the game to beat davenport!!!!!!!!!

Thatīs another thing alltogether!

sartrista7
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:27 AM
I wish people who didn't see the match would refrain from analysing it :rolleyes:

Kart is right - Vera's shot on match point was called out then corrected by the linesperson, but she just rolled her eyes and walked off court.

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:29 AM
IMO, Vrea has one of the best games out there right now, and can be top 5. But, she is such a freaking time bomb, that she will never get there. She really does self-destruct in every match that she loses, and even some that she doesn't.

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:30 AM

NO WAY! Bandabou said she was complaining, but she was REALLY JUST TALKING TO HERSELF

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:34 AM
well as in did she look at the linesperson with disgust whenever she thought Lindsay's shots were out?

raquel
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:34 AM
What happened on the last point? I heard the line judge call it out, then correct herself but the umpire gave it to Lindsay anyway. The ball looked good to me. I think the umpire started saying 'Game Set Match Davenport' at the same time or before the lineswoman shouted 'Correction', but did not want to look bad by replaying the point. If that had been Arantxa or Serena rather than Vera, they would have been screaming for that point to be replayed, match point or not.

Havok
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:37 AM
:yawn: Vera, what else is new? always crying when she loses. what a baby. you wouldn't think this kind of attitude would come from someone who's about to crack into the world's top 10:o

Filadidas
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:39 AM
That linesman who called the last shot out... :mad: :fiery: The replay showed that the ball was clearly on the line.... Poor Vera!!!! It was a mistake but cost Vera the match.... even though it was obviously that Lindsay was the much better player.. still ended up a match in this way just too much for Vera!! :(

I will keep cussing that stupid linesman for you, Vera!!!! :fiery:

GoDominique
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:39 AM
What happened on the last point? I heard the line judge call it out, then correct herself but the umpire gave it to Lindsay anyway. The ball looked good to me. I think the umpire started saying 'Game Set Match Davenport' at the same time or before the lineswoman shouted 'Correction', but did not want to look bad by replaying the point. If that had been Arantxa or Serena rather than Vera, they would have been screaming for that point to be replayed, match point or not.
It was like you said, but it didn't matter as the match was already over before this point.

Fyndh0rnElf
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:45 AM
well as in did she look at the linesperson with disgust whenever she thought Lindsay's shots were out?
What shots? She rarely hit the lines. There were no tough calls on Davenport's side

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Yes. The last ball hit by Vera wasn't out. It just tops an other wise
crap day for Vera. I'm pissed to about the lines calls; but you have
to just suck it in. During the entire week all the calls went in favor
of the tennis stars or higher ranked players. If it were me up on
court, I would just move on and forget about getting screwed and
not try to hit for accuracy that much, and play the match
knowing I'll have to try harder because the calls will go against me
like it or not.

Joana
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:51 AM
She's going nowhere with this attitude. I mean after EVERY point she lost she got down on herself! The match point situation was hard for her indeed, but she lost the match before it started.

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 03:57 AM
You all are describing Vera as if she's really such a baby.. i've seen her play against venus once which was at wimby, on tv it didn't seem like vera was pissed all the time but most of the time she just got down at herself and started muttering something.... i dunno how bad vera can get when she's that down..

Epigone
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Please....no poor Vera, nada! The girlīs just a petulant little-child. Get a grip! EVERY call, EVERY ball she had to make faces, she had to complain...come on.This is just that way that Vera plays. I watched her practising in Sydney and she was doing the eye rolling and gesturing at the lines/net and the screaming at herself when she made mistakes. No other player that I watched was even remotely like that. The complaining that you see is Vera expressing her disgust with herself :sad: .

The problem is that she is incredibly hard on herself and it is just destroying her game. When she believes in herself, I really think that she can beat anyone in the Top 5. But what happens is that the negative messages outweigh the positive ones and it can get to the point where she either appears completely disinterested in the match, or starts the racquet smashing. Vera really just needs to learn to relax and not be so hard on herself.

I do feel sorry for Vera because she is too hard on herself. I watched Dinara Safina joking around while she practised and I watched Lindsay and Daniela Hantuchova shrug off shots that went into the net. What I saw when I watched Vera was someone who took things too seriously. She didn't smile when she was on the court and at times, she looked so frustrated that I thought that she was going to explode. She is such a gifted player, yet she is being held back by the impossible standards that she sets for herself. As soon as she learns to put the last bad shot behind her, she will be an incredibly dangerous opponent.

TennisHack
Jan 25th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Gee, did it ever occur to anyone that maybe there was something offcourt that was bothering her? Perhaps she was already angry and frustrated about something and brought it into the match. She didn't make the 4RD on her good looks, you know.

SJW
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:25 AM
the reason i can't stand her is because she cries on court...all the time

Roddick_tease
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Vera has everything. Forehand, backhand, serve, speed, variety.

I liker her al ot.

She's one of my faves.

But I'm sorry.

She's fucking stupid.

I'll never comprehend why she doesn't win more often.

katrientje
Jan 25th, 2004, 10:53 AM
The first time when I saw vera play, she was playing Schiavone in the french. I just couldn't believe my eyes, she was in a winning position most of the match (and she won it eventually) but she kept getting down on her self. She just can't stand any mistakes she makes, she just can't except. She kept crying and sceraming...It was just terrible to see...
I always thought she would get it together soon, but appears she can't.
I can't imagine this girl being anywhere close to being happy and that's just sad....