PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay vs. Vera

LindsayRocks89
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:04 PM
who will win???? now im not being biased but i think Lindsay will win 7/5 6/2 or sets flipped because thats about how it was last time because in the first set Lindsay had cramps so i dont think that should just count as vera blowing Lindsay away???

Lindsay in 2 sets

Sam L
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Um.. when Lindsay have cramps in the first set at Sydney? I was there, she didn't seem like she had any problems.

Hopefully Vera wins this. She deserves it, if she plays her best. Not only she hits the ball cleaner and a lot closer to the lines, but she's quicker.

Go Vera!

LeonHart
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Davai Vera! I believe Vera can win in two if she's on! :bounce:

Elske
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Um.. when Lindsay have cramps in the first set at Sydney? I was there, she didn't seem like she had any problems.

she said she had cramps in her foot :confused:

I think it's gonna be a tough match...i hope Lindsay will win it but Vera will give her a hard time, that's for sure

my prediction: Lindsay wins in 3 sets

Good luck Lindsay :bounce:

Astro Jetson
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Lindsay in 2

but go Vera :bounce:

Couver
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:32 PM
I think it will be a battle. But I'm hoping Lindsay is firing on all cylinders, cause Vera is dangerous. I still think Lindsay can take this in 2 tight sets.

LindsayRulez
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Lindsay will have to play really well, both times she played against Vera it has been a battle, but I'm confident that she's confident and she'll be ready.

azza
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Lindsay in 2 taunting sets

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:42 PM
this is a tough one for me to call. i hear that lindsay has beaten vera in their previous two meetings but i have no idea when that was and what the exact scorelines were (anyone?). i saw vera at wimbledon last year and thought she was awesome- she does everything great but i am not sure whether she has the weapons that lindsay has. ultimately, i want lindsay to win cos i want her to get her revenge against justine in the quarters.

DelMonte

LindsayRulez
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Yes, Lindsay beat her 7-6 6-3 at the Family Circle Cup last year and 1-6, 6-2, 7-5 at Sydney just a few weeks ago.

Epigone
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I'm a fan of both, but I think that Vera can win in two if she is switched on (Vera, please stay focused). Her performance in the first set in Sydney was a joy to watch. Lindsay appeared to be moving perfectly well, but Vera was just blasting her shots too close to the lines.

I want to see the winner of this match win the whole tournament, so I hope that they both stay healthy and put on a good show :)

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Yes, Lindsay beat her 7-6 6-3 at the Family Circle Cup last year and 1-6, 6-2, 7-5 at Sydney just a few weeks ago.

Thanks, LindsayRulez. Hm, this could be a tough one for Lindsay.

DelMonte

DelMonte
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Hey LindsayRulez, check out http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S57/multimedia_Lng0_Spo57.shtml. they've got a cool video with lindsay pampering herself.

DelMonte.

Rub
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:08 AM
this would be a tough and interesting match!

LindsayRulez
Jan 25th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Hey LindsayRulez, check out http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S57/multimedia_Lng0_Spo57.shtml. they've got a cool video with lindsay pampering herself.

DelMonte.
Thanks, I already saw it, it was great! Lindsay's awesome.

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:17 AM
It will be tough but i hope lindsay will pull it off in 2 sets... let's hope vera gets mad like she does sometimes or most of the time?

kerbear
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:20 AM
I'll say Lindsay in a very tight three.

alexacto
Jan 25th, 2004, 01:56 AM
All right, since noone said it yet, here it goes - Lindsay is going to blow Vera off the court in two sets, maybe one tiebreak, like, in second set. Lin says her foot is healthy, nothing hurts, so, she is back in the saddle again, hold on tight, girls, Kansas is going bye bye!

Havok
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Lindsay in 2:banana:

alexusjonesfan
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Udachi Vera! :kiss:

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:39 AM
All right, since noone said it yet, here it goes - Lindsay is going to blow Vera off the court in two sets, maybe one tiebreak, like, in second set. Lin says her foot is healthy, nothing hurts, so, she is back in the saddle again, hold on tight, girls, Kansas is going bye bye!

Looks like your prediction is coming true....

6-1 Lindsay