PDA

View Full Version : Louise Field

Postcard
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:13 PM
There's an article (with colour photo) in the Melbourne Sunday Herald Sun (Sun 25 Jan 2004, p. 74 - "Why Alicia is a smooth operator") about Louise Field and the work that she's doing with Alica Molik.

Louise was one of my favourite players! Born: 1967. Height: 5'5" (165 cm). Highest singles ranking: #96 (1989). Highest doubles ranking: #48 (1990). "A player sometimes guilty of trying too hard in matches..." :worship:

louloubelle
Jan 27th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Great to see another Louise fan. You're right about her trying too hard. I can remember her getting very frustrated during her matches at the AO in which she had a chnace to win.

My fave Louise moment was at Wimbledon one year. She played Zina garrison, losing the 1st set 1-6, running thru the 2nd 6-1 and then playing great serve/volley tennis for 5-1 in the 3rd. Louise started tightening up BIG TIME, and Zina got back to 5-5. But then Zina starting tightening up and Louise got the win 7-5. An interview afterwards Louise found out her backcourt match was televised into Australia and said she was sssooooo embarrassed to find the whole of Australia saw her lose her lead and choked and wish she knew that it was on TV!

She was also able to beat the likes of Chanda Rubin (Wimbledon), Larissa Neiland at Albert park Vic Open. Nice all round game but no huge weapons. I think last year she was lending a hand to Nicole Pratt. Good to see she's putting some her extensive expertise back into Aus womens tennis.

TS
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Didn't Louise become a doctor? Or a physio?

Anyway, I remember the work she was doing with Nicole Pratt...travelled with her and helped her out quite a lot as her personal (*cough*) trainer/physio.

I remember the match with Zina... :) I've still got the tennis mag somewhere, where a stunned Zina is pictured shaking her hand at the net, lol.

Postcard
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Louise is an osteopath.

And, TS, perhaps I can recommend 'Fisherman's Friend' lozenges for your cough! :D The mint variety is particularly nice. :drool:

louloubelle
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Louise is an osteopath.

And, TS, perhaps I can recommend 'Fisherman's Friend' lozenges for your cough! :D The mint variety is particularly nice. :drool:
:eek: :D :D :D :haha:

The question is whether Christina used her young charm to lure Nicole from the older Louise???