PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Serena's continued absence...

JustineTime
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:41 PM
...is due more to her grief over Yetunde than her knee. From what I know, she had pretty routine surgery, did she not? I did hear someone say that there's a question as to whether her athletic build is too much for her lower body to support under the rigors of her chosen sport, but I just wonder if it's due more to the fact that she's just unable to bear the spotlight yet in the wake of the tragedy.

What do you think?

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Ainīt about Yetunde. Serena just ainīt as focused on the tennis anymore, Iīm afraid.

Serendy Willick
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:47 PM
...is due more to her grief over Yetunde than her knee. From what I know, she had pretty routine surgery, did she not? I did hear someone say that there's a question as to whether her athletic build is too much for her lower body to support under the rigors of her chosen sport, but I just wonder if it's due more to the fact that she's just unable to bear the spotlight yet in the wake of the tragedy.

What do you think?

And once again why in the heck do you care?:rolleyes:

for-sure
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Serena is known for her politics of deception. She has been known to keep key elements from the media and her fans. As when she that she could not keep up with Venus during practices (yet Venus was nursing a 'secret' injury)
Her surgery may have been far more serious than she led us to believe.

JustineTime
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:57 PM
And once again why in the heck do you care?:rolleyes:
If in your estimation my choosing a certain player for whom to root precludes me from making observations or offering opinions on other players, may I suggest you cease henceforth from making comments re my beloved cheater or Venus, for that matter?

You ARE welcome in this thread, however. :)

Serendy Willick
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:13 PM
If in your estimation my choosing a certain player for whom to root precludes me from making observations or offering opinions on other players, may I suggest you cease henceforth from making comments re my beloved cheater or Venus, for that matter?

You ARE welcome in this thread, however. :)
I am not a fan of Hardenne, nor will I ever be, so you certainly wont see me making threads out of the blue inquiring about her playing unless provoked. I comment on the players that I like (Venus, Serena) and the others I just comment in regards to how they play my favorites. BTW, you still never awnsered my question, why do you care?:rolleyes:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I personally think Serena was planning to come back at the Hopman Cup and play and Defend her Australian title, but I think there's two factors that changed that.

1) Serena's contract with Puma didnt end until sometime after Hopman Cup (i think) therefore her sponsorship for that tournament would've been a debate.

2) Serena shot the LAw and Order SVU episode almost at the time for Hopman Cup, so I think that's what prevented her from preparing and practicing.

Im sure Serena is physically 100% now she just needs to practice hard and come back, I hope she does that in Paris at the Open Gaz, and does not wait all the way until the Nasdaq. I also heard she might be playing the tournament in Doha.

JustineTime
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:29 PM
I am not a fan of Hardenne, nor will I ever be, so you certainly wont see me making threads out of the blue inquiring about her playing unless provoked. I comment on the players that I like (Venus, Serena) and the others I just comment in regards to how they play my favorites. BTW, you still never awnsered my question, why do you care?:rolleyes:
I took it as a rhetorical question. :)

JustineTime
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I personally think Serena was planning to come back at the Hopman Cup and play and Defend her Australian title, but I think there's two factors that changed that.

1) Serena's contract with Puma didnt end until sometime after Hopman Cup (i think) therefore her sponsorship for that tournament would've been a debate.

2) Serena shot the LAw and Order SVU episode almost at the time for Hopman Cup, so I think that's what prevented her from preparing and practicing.

Im sure Serena is physically 100% now she just needs to practice hard and come back, I hope she does that in Paris at the Open Gaz, and does not wait all the way until the Nasdaq. I also heard she might be playing the tournament in Doha.
Thank you for the insight. :)

for-sure
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:55 PM
????????????

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Cool....letīs hope we will see her soon on court!