PDA

View Full Version : This is why Richard or Serena should've been at the Oz!!

K-Dog
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Oracene just isn't enough for Venus. Venus needs Richard, because whenever Richard is around, Venus for the most part plays her best tennis( Exclude the last two Nasdaq 100's).

Serena shouldn't be shopping with Beyonce, instead as the defending champ she should have at least been at the Aus. Open for the first few days. Serena gives Venus guidiance that no one else does, and Venus seems to play better when Serena is around.

I know that Serena has her own life, and richard wants to distance himself from tennis now-a-days, but the fact that Venus had a tremedous oppurtunity to win this Oz Open, I think that one of the two shouldn't at least shown up to support Venus!!!!

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 04:43 PM
But thatīs the bottom-line....BOTH Serena and Venus play better with Richard around. Known and proven fact.

And they play better when the other is around as well..

K-Dog
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Does Richard even care about his daughter's tennis careers now? Does he even want them to play anymore, because when he said they should take a long break and let the women's game develop so when the sisters come back it would be more competitive, i think he was having a little wishful thinking. The women's game has caught up on the sisters and now they have to raise the bar again!!!

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 05:41 PM
The field has caught up, the field has caught up. At least with Venus....the players donīt fear her anymore. Donīt think they have caught up with Serena yet.

Knizzle
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:02 PM
The field has caught up, the field has caught up. At least with Venus....the players donīt fear her anymore. Donīt think they have caught up with Serena yet.

I don't think this is true. Venus just got beat, that's all.

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I don't think this is true. Venus just got beat, that's all.

No, Knizz...they havenīt caught up gamewise maybe, but they donīt FEAR her anymore. Even this Dominikovic girl was talking trash about Venus during RG. Never a good sign.

jbone_0307
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I think Richard should travel to the tournaments or more tournaments with them. Richard is extremely smart and soo ignorant. Dont think he would though

Knizzle
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:18 PM
No, Knizz...they havenīt caught up gamewise maybe, but they donīt FEAR her anymore. Even this Dominikovic girl was talking trash about Venus during RG. Never a good sign.

I don't think they fear her as much as they do Serena, but that had nothing to do with the loss yesterday. If Venus comes out and plays like she should, the fear will be there, but you aren't going to strike fear into the heart of a veteran like Raymond going down 0-3 with your first and second serve off.

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I don't think they fear her as much as they do Serena, but that had nothing to do with the loss yesterday. If Venus comes out and plays like she should, the fear will be there, but you aren't going to strike fear into the heart of a veteran like Raymond going down 0-3 with your first and second serve off.

Of course...but thereīs hope. The way Venus responded by hitting like 3 aces per game in the second-set, hmmm....think she can do some damage on the grass.

Knizzle
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Of course...but thereīs hope. The way Venus responded by hitting like 3 aces per game in the second-set, hmmm....think she can do some damage on the grass.

She can do damage anywhere.

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 06:44 PM
She can do damage anywhere.

We all know that....time for her to show it once again!

vettipooh
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Keep in mind, Venus is just coming off an injury, and has very little match play. No biggie. She will recovery from this loss, and bounce back. However I do agree that the sisters perform better in each other's presence. Serena should have made the trip to support Vee. I suspect They will both be reasserting at the remaining three slams.

Serendy Willick
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:17 PM
This "I cant be in Austrailia or France because I'm afraid to fly" isnt gonna fly anymore. Richard needs to be a full time coach or they (I cant believe I'm saying this,) need to get another one.

for-sure
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:24 PM
* :)

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:27 PM
But thatīs the bottom-line....BOTH Serena and Venus play better with Richard around. Known and proven fact.

And they play better when the other is around as well..
Excuses, excuses!!!:lol:

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:30 PM
That's a lot of catching up for someone ranked at #30!!!

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:31 PM
....think she can do some damage on the grass.
Only if she falls on it. :haha:

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:51 PM
That's a lot of catching up for someone ranked at #30!!!

No, we ainīt talking about Dani...sorry!

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Only if she falls on it. :haha:

Or better: if she plays Dani!!

GrahamD
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:03 PM
No, we ainīt talking about Dani...sorry!
Apology accepted.

bandabou
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Apology accepted.

Good one! :lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
This fear factor stuff is just bullshit. Top players win because they have the ability and game to do so not because of some fear factor. Who feared venus when she first showed up on tour? She was winning then and she will win again.

No one wins all the time. Not justine. Not kim. Not lindsay. Not serena. Not steffi. Not martina. and Not venus.

period.

decemberlove
Jan 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
just stop with the excuses and stop with making 15500 fucking threads about the SAME SUBJECT!

she lost... you cant win them all. get over it.

K-Dog
Jan 25th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Ah, Decemberlove, I'm not making any excuses for Venus. She lost in spite of herself. I was just making a suggestion that maybe this could've helped Venus more at this tournament. This thread wasn't asking you to ream your fucking Williams hating ass around and start spouting out shit about something I already knew!! Don't post on a thread unless you are answering the question or topic being asked.