PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is disrespecting the Aussie Open

JennyS
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Obviously, there is a lot that is wrong with the broadcasts of this tournament sofar, but I think the biggest mistake they have made is the way they've "packaged" this tournament. Part of the magic of the first week of majors is how much action is going on at the same time. We haven't gotten the feel for what this tournament is like. I hate the way they are just broadcasting individual matches and aren't cutting back and forth. It's taken the Grand Slam feeling out of the telecasts.

The only "correct" way to telecast this tournament would be to come on the air at 7:00 PM Eastern time and broadcast throughout the middle of the night and then repeat one night match the next afternoon.

I think the real injustice is that the Aussie Open does not get a fair chance to be viewed by the American public. It's a great tournament and the atmosphere is outstanding. I think if fans had the chance, they would enjoy this tournament very much.

cheche
Jan 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I just made this point on the other ESPN thread JennyS. They should have started coverage at 7:00 p.m., in the US.